Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wonderland No More

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShatteredAlice
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Wonderland No More Reply with quote

Last year I posted a One Sheet with a Halloween theme set in Wonderland.

Well this year the same scenario is back but with new layout, figure flats, a map tile and templates for entangling spells.

The artwork and layout is by Jordan Peacock who by now is (in)famous around the PEG and TAG site.

Take a look at Pumpkin here http://kla060365.googlepages.com/onesheets

Wonderland No More now available
Lord Lance
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice link. Thanks!
supercOntra
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks sweet.
stephengroy
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Miniatures? Reply with quote

Greycat makes some nice anthros, but I'm looking for others.
I spose I could take actual playing cards and shrink them down, but what about figs like the hatter, etc?

The figure flats are sweet, but seem a little (sorry!) one dimensional.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried ShrinkyDinks for printers yet?
Would probably make outstanding card soldiers.

As for the Hatter, you may have to jack up the scale of your game a little bit; This guy's 32mm just to his eyes...
http://www.wyrd-games.net/shop/product.php?productid=16147&cat=255&page=1

SteveN
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Miniatures? Reply with quote

stephengroy wrote:

Some day, when we all have fabricator printers, I'll be able to make downloadable minis. Wink Until then, it's just figure flats. However, I have a certain preference for the three-dimensional myself, and for my own games, I've been kitbashing miniatures.

Here's a link to a few photos of miniatures and scenery for the "Hunting of the Snark" adventure I ran at Necronomicon.

A lot can be done by finding cheap minis and modifying them in basic ways. A very useful tool for this would be a pinning drill: basically a little hand-powered drill that fits in the palm of the hand, useful for making tiny holes in soft metal or plastic (such as miniatures are made out of) - just large enough to insert a bit of wire (such as a piece of a paperclip) and super-glue it into place. By cutting a piece off of plastic figure A and drilling a hole into the joining spot, then cutting a piece off of plastic figure B and making a matching hole there as well, and inserting a piece of wire and a tiny dab of super glue to make the join, you can make a pretty effective bond - far more so than just gluing the facing sides of plastic together.

Plastic miniatures such as those put out for HeroClix, HorrorClix, HaloClix, and any other *Clix I've left out (and Mage Knight) are ideal as starting points - though I also keep an eye out for cheap and useful plastic toys somewhere in the neighborhood of being the right scale (such as the "Toob" plastic animals sold in some craft stores).

I also have a large collection of "bitz" from various miniatures conversions - particularly the plastic optional heads, arms, etc., that come with Games Workshop plastic minis. (I can't actually afford to buy armies of Warhammer minis, but I have friends who can. I paint their minis, and I get a bunch of bitz for my next conversion.)

And, of course, a little sculpting putty (MagicSculp is my favorite balance of utility and economy, but the "green stuff" is ideal) can go a long way.

I think I did a more extensive explanation of the kitbashing I did to make these Wonderland minis on the Triple Ace Games Forums somewhere.

If you want a Mad Hatter, the easiest route is (if you can find it), get a HeroClix "Mad Hatter" figure. (Check Ebay and various hobby sites that sell miniatures individually, I recommend.)

I happen to benefit from local game/hobby stores that, for a time, had the practice of opening up boxes of collectible miniatures games, and selling miniatures individually - selling the "rares" for ridiculously high prices, and then practically dumping the "commons" for much cheaper prices (individually or in grab bags).

I got a couple of copies of "Zatanna," who sports a top hat held in one hand. For my "Maniac Haberdasher" in the photos, I took a Two-Face mini, and replaced his gun-holding hand with a hat-holding hand - and, voila! He's now a hatter. (Well, I also repainted him. The figure's detail level is shallow enough that it doesn't really matter so much that he used to be Two-Face.) I finished things off by putting him on a plastic Games Workshop "Slottabase."

(The unnecessary "slot" can be fairly easily dealt with by just covering it with a scrap of paper or cardstock, though I confess to having been a bit rushed for the convention, as the figures in the photos don't have complete paint jobs or finished bases.)

The local game store has marked down some of the earlier "HorrorClix" boxes, and though I am normally loathe to participate in what amounts to gambling by buying boxes of unknown miniatures, I've still grabbed a few simply because you can never have too many zombies - and some of the more unusual characters could potentially find use in one of my weirder scenarios (even a WNM game).
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Miniatures? Reply with quote

stephengroy wrote:

Oh, and technically, they're two-dimensional... Wink
jeff
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little Sculpy and a lot of time on your hands goes a long way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: