Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Legendary Edges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artking3
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: More Legendary Edges Reply with quote

I came up with more Legendary Edges, most converted from other games, and a few from other Savage World settings, where they were special abilities of NPCs. I was hoping for opinions and changes needed, underpowered or overpowered etc.

Bone Breaking
Requirements: Legendary, Unarmed Warrior (Mordern Martial Arts), Fighting d8+, Agility d8+, Nerve Strike
If the character scores a raise on a Fighting roll with his bare hands, the victim must make a Vigor roll at –2 or make an immediate roll on the Injury Table. Unless the attack also delivered a Knockout Blow, the injury is always temporary, which can be healed.
The character must declare this attack before he makes his attack roll. If the Fighting roll is not a raise, he delivers normal punch damage. The GM may rule this edge only works on living humanoid foes.

Devastating Blow
Requirements: Legendary, Strength d8+, Fighting d12+, Improved Frenzy
The character suffers no penalty to Parry when making a Wild Attack.

Nerve Strike
Requirements: Legendary, Unarmed Warrior, Fighting d8+, Agility d8+
If the character scores a raise on a Fighting roll with his bare hands, the victim must make a Vigor roll at –2 or be paralyzed for 2d6 rounds.
The character must declare this attack before he makes his attack roll. If the Fighting roll is not a raise, he delivers normal punch damage. The GM may rule this edge only works on living humanoid foes.

Web of Death
Requirements: Legendary, Agility d8+, Fighting d12+, Improved Riposte
If the character does not move in a round, he may make a riposte against every Fighting attack made against him, no matter the source. For instance, the character could make two ripostes against a foe with Frenzy who failed both attacks.

Onslaught
Requirements: Legendary, Fighting d10+, Agility d10+, Improved Sweep
The character can make a running attack at multiple opponents.
The character must make a Running roll, and attack every individual (friend or foe) that is adjacent to him on his path at a -2 penalty to all Fighting rolls. In this instance, ignore off-hand or Multiple Attack penalties.

Battle Fury
Requirements: Legendary, Fighting d10+, Vigor d10+, Berserk
You are a terrible foe on the battlefield, effortlessly crushing your enemies beneath your blade. You can enter a Battle Fury as an action.
While in a Battle Fury, his Parry is reduced by 2 but he adds +2 to all Fighting and Strength rolls (including melee damage) and his Toughness. The warrior ignores all wound modifiers while in a battle fury, but cannot use any skills, Edges, or maneuvers that require concentration, including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation. The warrior also gains a +2 to Spirit rolls to resist Intimidation, fear, or mind controlling effects.
You may remain in Battle Fury for a number of rounds equal to your Vigor (You can remain in Battle Fury for 10 rounds if you have Vigor d10). Upon leaving Battle Fury, you automatically gain one level of Fatigue.

Born to the Saddle
Requirements: Legendary, Riding d10+, Fighting d10+
The character receives no penalty for an unstable platform when riding. They may use the highest of their Fighting or Riding when making mounted attacks. The character also gains +2 to Riding rolls, except when using his Riding die to make attacks. The character can mount or dismount a horse as a free action.

Dead Eye
Requirements: Legendary, Shooting d10+, Agility d10+, Marksman
Your accuracy at range with your chosen weapon is the stuff of legends. Reduce all Called Shot, Range, and Cover penalties by 1. You can shoot in Close Combat, using the target’s Parry as the Target Number.

Decapitating Swing
Requirements: Legendary, Fighting d10+, Strength d10+
With one mighty swing, you can slice an enemy’s head clean off his shoulders. You may only use Decapitating Swing with a bladed weapon which inflicts at least Str+d8 damage and only against an opponent whose size is within three sizes or less of your size.
Decapitating Swing is declared before a Called Shot, targeting your opponent’s head at a -4 penalty, is started. If the character scores a raise on a Fighting roll and inflicts at least a Wound, the attack is converted to a Permanent Injury that decapitates the target.
You suffer a -2 penalty to Parry for one round immediately following your attack.

Disease Immunity
Requirements: Legendary, Vigor d10+
You are immune to all normal diseases. Magical diseases will still affect you, though you gain a +2 bonus to Vigor rolls to resist them.

Fencer
Requirements: Legendary, Fighting d10+, Agility d10+
Masters of the sword become exceptionally skilled at defending themselves, as well as exploiting opportunities to place a well-aimed thrust.
Fencers gain a +1 Parry while unencumbered, and they gain a +1 to offset any Called Shot penalties. Fencers also gain a +1 bonus to damage. These bonuses require them to be armed with a rapier, saber, or long sword.

Heroic Aura
Requirements: Legendary, Spirit d10+, Persuasion d10+, Command, Inspire
Your presence is not only heartening to your comrades, you are also a shining example to others.
All allies within command radius will be heartened by your presence, gaining your Charisma as a bonus to any Spirit or Vigor rolls they are called upon to make. In addition, you may make take an action to encourage your nearby allies, requiring a Persuasion roll. If this is successful, they gain your Charisma as a bonus to all Fighting, Shooting, or Throwing skills for the remainder of the Round.
These bonuses replace bonuses from all other Leadership edges.

Pinpoint Aim
Requirements: Legendary, Throwing d10+, Agility d10+
In your hands, a thrown dart or knife is a guaranteed bull’s-eye every time, and games of skill involving your aim are child’s play. You are able to cut the wings from a fly’s back when it is in flight, or cut the bell from a kitten’s collar without splitting a hair on the creature’s head. You are a master of the thrown weapon, and the speed with which you can hurl such items is dazzling.
You can double the range brackets when using throwing weapons. Reduce all Called Shot and Cover penalties by 1.

Poison Immunity
Requirements: Legendary, Vigor d10+
You are immune to all normal poisons. Magical poisons will still affect you, though you gain a +2 bonus to Vigor rolls to resist them.

Slaying Touch
Requirements: Legendary, Fighting d10+, Spirit d10+, Unarmed Warrior, Nerve Strike, Bone Breaking
Your unarmed strikes can be lethal. If the character scores a raise on a Fighting roll with his bare hands and inflicts at least a Wound, the victim must make a Vigor roll at -2 or die.

Sundering Stroke
With one mighty swing of your weapon, you can slice, crush or otherwise shatter whatever defences your enemy has put before you. Shields explode, swords fracture and armour rips apart like paper under your mighty stroke. When your weapon is driving hard to the target, nothing will stand in its way.
You may only use Sundering Stroke with a melee weapon which inflicts at least Str+d8 damage. Sundering Stroke is declared before making an attack, with a -2 penalty to Fighting rolls. The blow ignores armor bonus which is non-magical or non-natural, as well as Parry bonuses from non-magical weapons. If the attack does indeed strike true, it inflicts its maximum damage (no dice are needed).
After making a Sundering Stroke, you automatically suffer a level of Fatigue.
Tuesday
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None seemed particularly underpowered. As for overpowered:

Quote:
Nerve Strike
If the character scores a raise on a Fighting roll with his bare hands, the victim must make a Vigor roll at –2 or be paralyzed for 2d6 rounds.

So, basically, I can do this for free, every round, trading my 1d6 damage for a really good chance of "killing" instantly?

(Because, really, a target paralysed for *at least two*, most likely *seven*, possibly as many as 12 rounds? Is out of the fight. They're just begging for a Finishing Move.)

I'd say this is way too strong. This is a single Edge that's on the scale of some of the nastier Necessary Evil powers.

Quote:
Decapitating Swing
With one mighty swing, you can slice an enemy’s head clean off his shoulders. You may only use Decapitating Swing with a bladed weapon which inflicts at least Str+d8 damage and only against an opponent whose size is within three sizes or less of your size.
Decapitating Swing is declared before a Called Shot, targeting your opponent’s head at a -4 penalty, is started. If the character scores a raise on a Fighting roll and inflicts at least a Wound, the attack is converted to a Permanent Injury that decapitates the target.
You suffer a -2 penalty to Parry for one round immediately following your attack.

So... for a called shot that targets the head, I take the normal penalty, get the normal bonuses, and any Wound kills the target instantly?

INCREDIBLY STRONG.

I'd change this to:
"Your penalty to target the head with a bladed weapon is only -3. Your called shots to the head to +6 damage, not +4."

Quote:
Heroic Aura
Your presence is not only heartening to your comrades, you are also a shining example to others.
All allies within command radius will be heartened by your presence, gaining your Charisma as a bonus to any Spirit or Vigor rolls they are called upon to make. In addition, you may make take an action to encourage your nearby allies, requiring a Persuasion roll. If this is successful, they gain your Charisma as a bonus to all Fighting, Shooting, or Throwing skills for the remainder of the Round.

Let's see. Charismatic, Very Attractive, and Noble, and that's a +8 Charisma.

I make a roll, with a +8 bonus, and if I get at least a 4, *every ally* gets a +8 to all their attacks for the rest of the round? And even if I do nothing, they get +8 to recover from being Shaken (recover and act instantly every round, automatically) and +8 to all Vigour rolls (soak the first two wounds *automatically*, recover from Incapacitation on a 3+ on the dice)?

Very, very, very, very strong.

I'd make the bonus not dependent on Charisma. Just make it a Legendary Leadership edge, that gives all allies in your comand radius a +1 to spirit, vigour, fighting, shooting, and throwing rolls. That, on it's own, is more than enough for a Legendary Edge.

Quote:
Slaying Touch
Requirements: Legendary, Fighting d10+, Spirit d10+, Unarmed Warrior, Nerve Strike, Bone Breaking
Your unarmed strikes can be lethal. If the character scores a raise on a Fighting roll with his bare hands and inflicts at least a Wound, the victim must make a Vigor roll at -2 or die.

This one's not nearly as strong as the paralysing one or the decapitating one, but it's still very strong. Again, there's *no penalty* to use this - you're going to declare it every time, and either do normal damage, or do normal damage +1d6 for a Raise *and* make the target roll Vigour-2 or die.

If you're going to go this route, let's make it weaker, but still worthy of those prerequisites:

Slaying Touch:
Spend a Benny and roll fighting at -2. If you hit, and for every raise thereafter, you inflict one Wound on the target. Do not roll damage.

Quote:
Sundering Stroke
With one mighty swing of your weapon, you can slice, crush or otherwise shatter whatever defences your enemy has put before you. Shields explode, swords fracture and armour rips apart like paper under your mighty stroke. When your weapon is driving hard to the target, nothing will stand in its way.
You may only use Sundering Stroke with a melee weapon which inflicts at least Str+d8 damage. Sundering Stroke is declared before making an attack, with a -2 penalty to Fighting rolls. The blow ignores armor bonus which is non-magical or non-natural, as well as Parry bonuses from non-magical weapons. If the attack does indeed strike true, it inflicts its maximum damage (no dice are needed).

For -2 to hit, I can ignore Armor, ignore Parry bonuses from weapons, and do maximum damage automatically? For one Fatigue?

My *minimum* damage on this is 20 - D10 Strength, +D8 weapon, +2 Wild Swing, because I'm getting free damage, yo - and I'll probably have more, and, against most targets, I'm going to get a larger bonus from ignoring their armor and weapons than the penalty I take for this attack.

20 damage, ignoring armor, is going to be an automatic 3 Wounds, against a target with a D12 Vigour. Sure, it's not as much as if you'd naturally rolled a 45, but this is *guaranteed*.

My suggestion:
Sundering Stroke
Spend a benny and make a Fighting attack. The target's armor and any bonuses (not penalties) from weapons are not counted during this attack.

I like most of the rest. These are just the ones that jumped out at me as being a little (or a lot) too strong.
Tuesday
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternate thought for Slaying Touch:

Slaying Touch:
Declare this attack before your attack roll.
Roll Fighting at -4. If you hit you inflict one Wound automatically. Do not roll damage.

(Basically, this ignores normal hits and addresses only hits with a Raise, and it delivers an automatic Shaken+Wound result on any target that you can find a nerve cluster on. Against Extras? This is instant death, unless the GM spends a Benny and they soak. Against a high-toughness foe? This is PRICELESS, because it forces them to immediately either spend a Benny or take a Wound. Against a wimp, well, why didn't you just use Sweep to kill more than one wimp in the same action and not bother with clever nerve strikes?)
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Pinpoint Aim. There are so few throwing exclusive edges.
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: More Legendary Edges Reply with quote

Artking3 wrote:
Bone Breaking
Requirements: Legendary, Unarmed Warrior (Mordern Martial Arts), Fighting d8+, Agility d8+, Nerve Strike
If the character scores a raise on a Fighting roll with his bare hands, the victim must make a Vigor roll at –2 or make an immediate roll on the Injury Table. Unless the attack also delivered a Knockout Blow, the injury is always temporary, which can be healed.

If I'm able to do that with my bare hands, then why do I lose this ability when wielding a weapon?

Artking3 wrote:
Devastating Blow

So, there's really no reason not to make a Wild Attack, which mean that this Edge equates to a permanent +2 to Fighting and Damage...

I'd say that's definitely overpowered.

Artking3 wrote:
Onslaught
The character must make a Running roll, and attack every individual (friend or foe) that is adjacent to him on his path at a -2 penalty to all Fighting rolls. In this instance, ignore off-hand or Multiple Attack penalties.

I don't see why this needs to be a Legendary Edge. Indeed, there's a virtually identical Edge in Evernight, which only requires Veteran Rank, Fighting and Agility d8+, and the use of two weapons.

Artking3 wrote:
Battle Fury
You are a terrible foe on the battlefield, effortlessly crushing your enemies beneath your blade. You can enter a Battle Fury as an action.
While in a Battle Fury, his Parry is reduced by 2 but he adds +2 to all Fighting and Strength rolls (including melee damage) and his Toughness. The warrior ignores all wound modifiers while in a battle fury, but cannot use any skills, Edges, or maneuvers that require concentration, including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation. The warrior also gains a +2 to Spirit rolls to resist Intimidation, fear, or mind controlling effects.
You may remain in Battle Fury for a number of rounds equal to your Vigor (You can remain in Battle Fury for 10 rounds if you have Vigor d10). Upon leaving Battle Fury, you automatically gain one level of Fatigue.

So, this is basically the Berserk state, which can be entered and exited at will (with a maximum duration), and grants an additional bonus to resist fear and mind control...

There are two Edges in Wizards & Warriors, that already allow a Berserk improved control over his rage. I'd just use those and add another one (probably at Veteran Rank) that grants the Spirit bonus.

Artking3 wrote:
Born to the Saddle
The character receives no penalty for an unstable platform when riding. They may use the highest of their Fighting or Riding when making mounted attacks. The character also gains +2 to Riding rolls, except when using his Riding die to make attacks. The character can mount or dismount a horse as a free action.

Again, I'd split this one in half. Ignoring the Unstable Platform penalty is simply the Steady Hands Edge. And the +2 to Riding and Mounting/Dismounting as a free Action makes for a nice Background, Combat or Professional Edge. Indeed this exact Edge already exists in Shaintar.

Artking3 wrote:
Dead Eye
Your accuracy at range with your chosen weapon is the stuff of legends. Reduce all Called Shot, Range, and Cover penalties by 1. You can shoot in Close Combat, using the target’s Parry as the Target Number.

Do you mean each of the listed penalties is reduced by one independently? Or is this a single -1 to all penaltied combined?

Also, again, I think you try to cram too much into a single Edge. Ravaged Earth has two Edges (Deadeye and Hawkeye, both Novice Rank) that reduce the Called Shot and Range panalty (respectively) by -2 each. Shaintar has the ability to shoot a bow (this could be adapted to other weapons, depending on the setting) in close combat as a Heroic Rank Professional Edge.

Artking3 wrote:
Heroic Aura

I'd change (and simplify) this to state that any Trait rolls which are already modified by Leadership Edges that the character possesses gain his Charisma modifier instead of the +1 the normal Edges grant.

Artking3 wrote:
Pinpoint Aim
In your hands, a thrown dart or knife is a guaranteed bull’s-eye every time, and games of skill involving your aim are child’s play. You are able to cut the wings from a fly’s back when it is in flight, or cut the bell from a kitten’s collar without splitting a hair on the creature’s head. You are a master of the thrown weapon, and the speed with which you can hurl such items is dazzling.
You can double the range brackets when using throwing weapons. Reduce all Called Shot and Cover penalties by 1.

Once more, why is this a Legendary Edge? Take down the Requirements to Seasoned, Throwing d8+, Agility d6+ and make it a Combat Edge.

Artking3 wrote:
Sundering Stroke

The problemn with "automatic maximum damage" is that open ended rolls don't have any specified maximum. I think what you mean is that a 2d8 attack woud automatically do 16 points of damage. But with a little luck on the dice, I could get considerably more than 16 points out of 2d8...
Artking3
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was going through other RPGs and converting edges and needed some input.

Tuesday wrote:
None seemed particularly underpowered. As for overpowered:

Quote:
Nerve Strike

So, basically, I can do this for free, every round, trading my 1d6 damage for a really good chance of "killing" instantly?

(Because, really, a target paralysed for *at least two*, most likely *seven*, possibly as many as 12 rounds? Is out of the fight. They're just begging for a Finishing Move.)

I'd say this is way too strong. This is a single Edge that's on the scale of some of the nastier Necessary Evil powers.

Got this from the Experienced Ninja (SW Pulp GM). If it sounds too strong, what about this? It still fits the spirit of the edge

If the character scores a raise on a Fighting roll with his bare hands, the victim must make a Vigor roll at –2 or suffer a level of fatigue.

Tuesday wrote:
Quote:
Decapitating Swing

So... for a called shot that targets the head, I take the normal penalty, get the normal bonuses, and any Wound kills the target instantly?

INCREDIBLY STRONG.

I'd change this to:
"Your penalty to target the head with a bladed weapon is only -3. Your called shots to the head to +6 damage, not +4."

I guess with called shots to the head, I don't really need this edge.

Tuesday wrote:
Quote:
Heroic Aura

Let's see. Charismatic, Very Attractive, and Noble, and that's a +8 Charisma.

I make a roll, with a +8 bonus, and if I get at least a 4, *every ally* gets a +8 to all their attacks for the rest of the round? And even if I do nothing, they get +8 to recover from being Shaken (recover and act instantly every round, automatically) and +8 to all Vigour rolls (soak the first two wounds *automatically*, recover from Incapacitation on a 3+ on the dice)?

Very, very, very, very strong.

I'd make the bonus not dependent on Charisma. Just make it a Legendary Leadership edge, that gives all allies in your comand radius a +1 to spirit, vigour, fighting, shooting, and throwing rolls. That, on it's own, is more than enough for a Legendary Edge.

I'll probably drop this. A legendary leader would probably have all the leadership edges, which would good enough.

Tuesday wrote:
Quote:
Slaying Touch

This one's not nearly as strong as the paralysing one or the decapitating one, but it's still very strong. Again, there's *no penalty* to use this - you're going to declare it every time, and either do normal damage, or do normal damage +1d6 for a Raise *and* make the target roll Vigour-2 or die.

If you're going to go this route, let's make it weaker, but still worthy of those prerequisites:

Slaying Touch:
Spend a Benny and roll fighting at -2. If you hit, and for every raise thereafter, you inflict one Wound on the target. Do not roll damage.

This sounds good.

Tuesday wrote:
Quote:
Sundering Stroke

For -2 to hit, I can ignore Armor, ignore Parry bonuses from weapons, and do maximum damage automatically? For one Fatigue?

My *minimum* damage on this is 20 - D10 Strength, +D8 weapon, +2 Wild Swing, because I'm getting free damage, yo - and I'll probably have more, and, against most targets, I'm going to get a larger bonus from ignoring their armor and weapons than the penalty I take for this attack.

20 damage, ignoring armor, is going to be an automatic 3 Wounds, against a target with a D12 Vigour. Sure, it's not as much as if you'd naturally rolled a 45, but this is *guaranteed*.

My suggestion:
Sundering Stroke
Spend a benny and make a Fighting attack. The target's armor and any bonuses (not penalties) from weapons are not counted during this attack.

This sounds good.
Artking3
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday wrote:
Alternate thought for Slaying Touch:

Slaying Touch:
Declare this attack before your attack roll.
Roll Fighting at -4. If you hit you inflict one Wound automatically. Do not roll damage.

(Basically, this ignores normal hits and addresses only hits with a Raise, and it delivers an automatic Shaken+Wound result on any target that you can find a nerve cluster on. Against Extras? This is instant death, unless the GM spends a Benny and they soak. Against a high-toughness foe? This is PRICELESS, because it forces them to immediately either spend a Benny or take a Wound. Against a wimp, well, why didn't you just use Sweep to kill more than one wimp in the same action and not bother with clever nerve strikes?)

This is really good, I'll take it.
Artking3
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this edge?

Heart Training
Requirements: Legendary, Spirit d10+, Notice d10+, Improved Nerves of Steel
You have learned iron control over your emotions; you can walk over glowing coals without turning a hair, endure heat, cold, wind, rain, hunger, thirst, and pain that would send a normal person mad. Your instincts have been honed so you may ‘read’ any person like an open book – having learnt the language the body talks, understanding people what people think by understanding their mannerisms and by the way they breathe, the roving of their eyes and their stance. You are able to understand a complicated situation at a glance and act, seizing any opening and taking any chance that appears.
You gain a +4 bonus to Vigor rolls against Cold, Heat, Hunger, lack of Sleep, and Thirst. You gain +2 bonus to Notice rolls to scrutinize other characters to see if they’re lying, frightened, and so on.
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artking3 wrote:
You gain a +4 bonus to Vigor rolls against Cold, Heat, Hunger, lack of Sleep, and Thirst.

Artking3 wrote:
You gain +2 bonus to Notice rolls to scrutinize other characters to see if they’re lying, frightened, and so on.

These two effects don't realy have much to do with each other. So why don't you just make two Edges out of them?

Edurance [Professional Edge]
Requirements: Veteran, Spirit d10+, Vigor d8+

Scrutinize [Social Edge]
Requirements: Seasoned, Notice d8+, Streetwise d6+
Artking3
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: More Legendary Edges Reply with quote

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
Bone Breaking

If I'm able to do that with my bare hands, then why do I lose this ability when wielding a weapon?

Got this from the Experienced Ninja (SW Pulp GM). I assume Bone Breaking is based off Koppo jutsu, involving joint locks and holds which require bare hands.

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
Devastating Blow

So, there's really no reason not to make a Wild Attack, which mean that this Edge equates to a permanent +2 to Fighting and Damage...

I'd say that's definitely overpowered.

I actually got this from SW Pirates. It is a Fencing Academy Secret, which means its a Legendary edge. I should also add a Requirement: only with slashing swords, and maybe require a weapon specialization. I also would require that you need to find a master to learn this edge, as it is very powerful.

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
Onslaught

I don't see why this needs to be a Legendary Edge. Indeed, there's a virtually identical Edge in Evernight, which only requires Veteran Rank, Fighting and Agility d8+, and the use of two weapons.

The Whirlwind edge? Good point, I'll just remove the two weapon requirement and substitute another edge, maybe Frenzy or Sweep.

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
Battle Fury

So, this is basically the Berserk state, which can be entered and exited at will (with a maximum duration), and grants an additional bonus to resist fear and mind control...

There are two Edges in Wizards & Warriors, that already allow a Berserk improved control over his rage. I'd just use those and add another one (probably at Veteran Rank) that grants the Spirit bonus.

Forgot about Wizards & Warriors edge.

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
Born to the Saddle

Again, I'd split this one in half. Ignoring the Unstable Platform penalty is simply the Steady Hands Edge. And the +2 to Riding and Mounting/Dismounting as a free Action makes for a nice Background, Combat or Professional Edge. Indeed this exact Edge already exists in Shaintar.

It also exists in SW Pirates as a Fencing Academy, so I thought I can drop the Fencing Academy and use it as a combat or professional edge.

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
Dead Eye

Do you mean each of the listed penalties is reduced by one independently? Or is this a single -1 to all penaltied combined?

Also, again, I think you try to cram too much into a single Edge. Ravaged Earth has two Edges (Deadeye and Hawkeye, both Novice Rank) that reduce the Called Shot and Range panalty (respectively) by -2 each. Shaintar has the ability to shoot a bow (this could be adapted to other weapons, depending on the setting) in close combat as a Heroic Rank Professional Edge.

Haven't got Ravaged Earth yet, so didn't know about that. Guess I can use the Shaintar edge and modify it.

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
Heroic Aura

I'd change (and simplify) this to state that any Trait rolls which are already modified by Leadership Edges that the character possesses gain his Charisma modifier instead of the +1 the normal Edges grant.

As mentioned above, I think I;ll just drop this edge.

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
Pinpoint Aim

Once more, why is this a Legendary Edge? Take down the Requirements to Seasoned, Throwing d8+, Agility d6+ and make it a Combat Edge.

Will do.

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
Sundering Stroke

The problemn with "automatic maximum damage" is that open ended rolls don't have any specified maximum. I think what you mean is that a 2d8 attack woud automatically do 16 points of damage. But with a little luck on the dice, I could get considerably more than 16 points out of 2d8...

Think I'll drop this feat, way overpowered.
Artking3
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackAce wrote:
Artking3 wrote:
You gain a +4 bonus to Vigor rolls against Cold, Heat, Hunger, lack of Sleep, and Thirst.

Artking3 wrote:
You gain +2 bonus to Notice rolls to scrutinize other characters to see if they’re lying, frightened, and so on.

These two effects don't realy have much to do with each other. So why don't you just make two Edges out of them?

Edurance [Professional Edge]
Requirements: Veteran, Spirit d10+, Vigor d8+

Scrutinize [Social Edge]
Requirements: Seasoned, Notice d8+, Streetwise d6+

I created this feat using flavor text from Way of the Tiger, a gamebook series I enjoyed in the 80s. I was hoping to create it as a legendary feat, because you had to learn it from the grandmaster.
Tuesday
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than make "must learn from the master" Edges require legendary rank, why not make "must learn from the master" a requirement of the Edge itself?

More comments later.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: More Legendary Edges Reply with quote

Artking3 wrote:
I actually got this from SW Pirates. It is a Fencing Academy Secret, which means its a Legendary edge. I should also add a Requirement: only with slashing swords, and maybe require a weapon specialization. I also would require that you need to find a master to learn this edge, as it is very powerful.

<snip>

It also exists in SW Pirates as a Fencing Academy, so I thought I can drop the Fencing Academy and use it as a combat or professional edge.

Just an FYI, be careful here. These aren't really "Legendary Edges" in Pirates. It's a special ability gained at Legendary for a character who have done everything required in game to achieve it. A character either has to devote an Edge at character creation (atill paying yearly dues and meeting the restrictions), or pay an initial fee to get in and then pass a -4 Persuasion roll to get accepted. Even after that, it's not simply gained at Legendary; the character must be a member of the academy for three years in game.

Then consider that to gains the benefits of a second Academy's secret, the character can only join after Legendary, and then has to wait three more years.

In short, it's a very special thing, not necessarily meant to be balanced as a "normal" Edge.

www.peginc.com
Lord Lance
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a side note about Legendary Edges: in the main book there are some, but i asked and there are very few in other books... Maybe a mini-sourcebook dedicated to high level heroes could be a nice addon! Wink Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: