Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idea for Low Fantasy setting. Feedback welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quigs
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out Dark Legacies by Red Spire Press? Takes place on a version of Earth that is halfway inside the Abyss (Hell). Magic is the forte of demons and spellcasters acquire taint the more they use that forbidden lore. Priests use a supernatural voice of God to exorcise and cleanse the populace, and almost all non-humans are persecuted in some shape or form. There are still dwarf, elf, and gnome races present with new names, but they are vastly different than Tolkien's.

www.redspirepress.com
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quigs wrote:
Have you checked out Dark Legacies by Red Spire Press?

Interesting, I might check it out as a side (I like collecting gaming books). I know of at least one group of players that loves playing small unheard of games.
quigs
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly recommend it, the fluff is awesome. The only issue I've had with it is that you pretty much need to make up your own adventures, you can't really port in any other modules from other games very easily.

That and they only made 2 books Razz
Blogotron
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, isn't a low-fantasy world with magic an a variety of races already in existance? Mongoose publishing Wink Or Fantasy Flight games has a grim and gritty high fantasy low magic setting. Both already have SW conversions.

The given setting for Iron heroes is pretty gruesome.

Why not make a Dark Crystal game. its easy to give out homework (watch the movie, and a new picture book was recently published). Or how about Nehwon (Fritz Leiber)

Do you want a grim and dark setting?
A lowmagic setting,
or a low fantasy setting?
Or all three or a combination of any two?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: