Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PPSh41 and Potato Mashers (Stalingrad meat pie)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judge Holden
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: PPSh41 and Potato Mashers (Stalingrad meat pie) Reply with quote

Has anyone statted out a PPSh41, the Russian SMG from WWII? I know that the calibre is 7.62 but it is a pistol cartridge so I don't think it should do the regular 7.62 damage (as per an AK47). At the same time I somehow think it should do more than a 9mm, but I'm not sure. Should it be 2d6+1 or just stick with the 9mm damage?

According to the main rules a German potato masher hand grenade does less damage than a regular grenade. Why is that? It seems odd that the Germans who are masters of effeciency (as the shamwow guy says "Its German so you know its good!") would make a sub-par hand grenade? Ach? Nein!!

So I'm wondering what the reasoning is behind the 3d6-2 damage?

And while I'm at it, can anyone hook me up with a site that has Russian military slang from WWII? I found a German one easily on wiki, but the russians, they are like trying to find a ghost in a blizzard...

- Dave Foley
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original PPSh41 used the 7.62x25 round the same as the Tokarev semi automatic pistol while the the AK47 uses a 7.62x39 (they used rejected brass from the 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R), so the The PPSh41 has the same diameter bullet (about .30 caliber) but with a few less grains of powder. I think it still has more powder than 9mm or .38 but a slightly smaller bullet so find stats for a mid sized automatic.

And they take an hour to load the 100 round magazine and the player has to roll a pinch check to see if he got his fingers in the springs of the drum while reloading.

But 20 seconds to unload the mag = a Fun Rating of 4D12
jeff
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use the damage rating for a .45. Actually, this should be in Weird War II but would also work for Tour of Darkness (Vietnam) and Weird Korean War.
Mindseye
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the grenades if I remember right the stats for the standard grenade is for a modern one, where as the potato masher is period. In comparison, the masher is weaker than modern equivalents.

As I say if I remember right.

I am searching for
Someone, Somewhere, but I do
not know who or where
SlasherEpoch
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PPSh41: 2d6+1 damage sounds good.

Potato masher: They are probably weaker than modern grenades. You might houserule that they have a slightly greater range, maybe 7/14/28, to compensate.

Evil Wig Enterprises Minion #15 - "The
Machete"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: