Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firefly help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daran
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doswelk wrote:
solabusca wrote:
And THEN they go and piss off the Alliance programmed Ginsu death-blossom.

Ever get the feeling she was designed to Fight Reavers, Blue Sun/Alliance want her back because she knows about Miranda, and she seems to me that she is meant to be a total killing machine but they did not get the chance to finish programming her...

I don't think that she was programmed to decimate Reavers, that is a fortunate capability based on her combat conditioning (is anyone else thinking Roy Batty??), and her knowledge of Miranda was accidental and unexpected. Otherwise why would the Parliament go to such ends to ensure that the secret wouldn't catch a wave.

I liked the facility boss's comment about River's grace. Something hard for any GM to ensure is replicated fully in game session I suspect.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solabusca wrote:
doswelk wrote:
solabusca wrote:
And THEN they go and piss off the Alliance programmed Ginsu death-blossom.

Ever get the feeling she was designed to Fight Reavers, Blue Sun/Alliance want her back because she knows about Miranda, and she seems to me that she is meant to be a total killing machine but they did not get the chance to finish programming her...

Oh how much would we have found out if Firefly had got to run it's course....

Given what we've seen, I'd suggest that River was being designed to be the ultimate insertion agent. Sort of like what Joss is exploring in Welcome to the Dollhouse.

The cynic in me believes that he was just making it all up on the fly. In that respect, not too different from Lost and its ilk.
RPTroll
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the beginning there is a character concept that is part plot point and part dialog mule. The background is vague but must include factor x,y and z. Later, an idea strikes that melds well with x,y and z that adds wow and zip. And thus back stories emerge. Smile
Framework Support Forum
solabusca
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPTroll wrote:
In the beginning there is a character concept that is part plot point and part dialog mule. The background is vague but must include factor x,y and z. Later, an idea strikes that melds well with x,y and z that adds wow and zip. And thus back stories emerge. Smile

Probably to some degree - it's the nature of the business. A lot of the big ideas were mapped out in Joss' head from the outset, according to support material (including the commentary on the Firefly DVDs)

.j.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: