Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Ears, Small Mouse or The Rescuers RPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffrywith1e
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Big Ears, Small Mouse or The Rescuers RPG Reply with quote

I found a copy of Big Ears, Small Mouse for Tri-Stat system at a local Half-Priced Books and I regret not picking it up to run with my 11 year old step-daughter. I like Savage Worlds better so I was wondering if anyone has created or knows of a conversion or homebrew setting for SW similar to Big Ears, Small Mouth or that old 1977 Disney movie - The Rescuers (basically mouse characters adventuring out in the big bad world)?

*edit - The Rescuers @ wiki
DeMyztikX
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall someone mentioning a mouseguard conversion they were working on. Mouseguard is pretty awesome. I spoke with the author about a year ago (he lives close to my aunt and was attending the same con as me) before I ever read his work, but the imagery inspired me to RPing. Plus I hear there's a movie in the works, so that's a bonus for kids to play.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zombi Bobb
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was Mouseguard / Redwall inspired but I can't it in the forums now. (Mouseguard has its own game coming out soon (it might even already be available))
I was also working on my own setting like this but was derailed by non-gaming issues. Sorry this isn't more help. There IS a thread somewhere nearby containing what you want.

Sorry, "princess is in another castle".
Jeffrywith1e
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found it...

Titan Fall

Is this what you're talking about. This looks cool! Pretty much what I'm looking for. Thank you guys for pointing me in it's direction (I hadn't thought of searching under Mouse Guard).
DeMyztikX
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost certain Mouse Guard RPG is out already just as an FYI.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skycast
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also get some great inspiration from the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers cartoon...pulpy goodness with the little critters. Use to love that show and Talespin when I was a kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_%27n_Dale_Rescue_Rangers
Jeffrywith1e
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I'm glad you posted this as it clears up some confusion I had. I thought there was a TV series about the Rescuers and I was thinking the Rescuers starred the chipmunks. This Rescue Rangers clears up what I was getting mixed up with. It seems easy to mix all three shows together- Rescuers, Rescue Rangers, and Duck Tales. I'm not real familiar with them, was there any crossover?
Adam Baulderstone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffrywith1e wrote:
OK. I'm glad you posted this as it clears up some confusion I had. I thought there was a TV series about the Rescuers and I was thinking the Rescuers starred the chipmunks. This Rescue Rangers clears up what I was getting mixed up with. It seems easy to mix all three shows together- Rescuers, Rescue Rangers, and Duck Tales. I'm not real familiar with them, was there any crossover?

I don't believe there was an crossover within those franchises. The Rescuers, like a lot of the movies, seemed to be it's own universe. Donald Duck and Chip 'n' Dale were in some of the old classic cartoons together, with Donald Duck as the bad guy. The one were the chipmunks move into Donald's tabletop train set was a favorite of mine as a kid, and probably contributed to me falling victim to the expensive vice of miniature gaming in later years.

I'd personally keep the conversion simple. Just replace character death with being knocked out. No permanent injuries. Disney characters are anthropomorphic enough I wouldn't even create races for PC's. That let's you off the hook when you try to create the dog race, and hit the tricky Pluto/Goofy conundrum. Let chipmunk/mouse size be the considered Size 0 and scale anything else from there.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see anything that gets done. I'm a huge CHip and Dale fan.

As for sizes and such, I'd scale everything up. So, say, humans would be rediculously tough (as opposed to weakened characters). Also, you could probably get away with not stat-ing raced at all. Although the characters were anthro, I don't recall them using their "animal abilities" in a notable way. Not sure about the Rescuers, but I suspect the same is true.

As a side note, have you every played Palladium's After the Bomb or TMNT?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: