Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[WW2] Downloads
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerFinsterling
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: [WW2] Downloads Reply with quote

Weird Wars 2 mentions a couple of downloads being available at the main site, namely:
Counters for ships and planes, and stats for Italians and their vehicles.

I haven't found them in the Downloads section for Weird Wars 2, but I think I saw a set of figure flats that included soldiers and ships - or am I completely mistaken?
Llyon Saccoshite
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, there has been zero support for Savaged WW2...which I find disappointing.

When WW2 advertises that if you want the Italian support information (page 111), go to the Peg website. I guess I am not looking in the correct area. They wouldn't tell us something is here when it isn't...would they?
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's always the chance that Weird War II coming out just before a large administrative change (i.e., me turning into the VP) provided some nice cracks for things to fall into. I'll go do some poking around on that, and we'll keep you posted.

Not to overly-disclaim, but keep in mind that we're heading into the holiday season, so poking around might not be as immediate as we'd hope. Time in December becomes remarkably precious.

As far as Weird War II support in general goes, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in the coming year. I'm not personally the biggest WWII buff, but the stuff we have in the pipes is really catching my attention.
Teller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took over as Brand Manager after the book was sent to the printer, so I never saw the manuscript before it was cut down into its present form. I'll look into it and see what I can find for you.
Averjoe
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very basic, but you might find some of the stuff at Junior General to be useful in making your own figure flats and counters. Here's the link to the WW2 section: http://www.juniorgeneral.org/paperbw.html#worldwar2
Stinger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyo, heyo, I still have the material for the Italians and a bunch of other stuff that was cut out of the final manuscript. Joel or Teller, just let me know if you want it.

Weird War Two - An official setting for Savage Worlds
Shinobi
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing the Italian stuff Cool
Kersus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinger wrote:
Heyo, heyo, I still have the material for the Italians and a bunch of other stuff that was cut out of the final manuscript. Joel or Teller, just let me know if you want it.
I'd be very interested too!

http://tripleoakleaf.myfreeforum.org/

RPGNOW!
Emiricol
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly WWII was why I got into Savage Worlds in the first place. I then had to wait years for the product to come out. And since then, there's been zero support. I love PEG, but this is probably my biggest disappointment from them.
serene_muse
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping for WW2 Italians! Would increase my interest in purchasing the title.
Strangedos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed the reference too the non-existent Italian gear....maybe i should put this elsewhere but i made a few tables for my own game which has the players portraying Rangers of "Darbys Ranger" fame.....i will put a few of my French/Italian weapons-Vehicle stats i made here in case somebody wants too use them.

Italian

Glisenti Model 1910 Pistol (uses stats for Luger, 7 round Magazine, 9mm Glisenti Cartridge)
Beretta M 1934 (7 round mag, .380 ACP Caliber)

Beretta Moschetto Model 38A Submachine Gun (Use Sten stats with 10,20,30 and 40 round
magazines) Cartuccia Modello 38/9x19mm Parabellum....a very well made gun.

Carcano 6.5mm Rifle (6 round magazine, use Kar98K info)

Breda Model 30 Machine Gun (weight 10.6kg, 6.5mm, side feeding stripper clips 20 rounds,
use BREN or Bar stats

Bomba A Mano "Hand Bomb" i use the stats for the german potato masher but this grenade
explodes on impact and is about the size of a small soup can, dangerous too use.

French

Berthier Rifle and Carbine (6.5mm) Modify stats for the Kar98K
Lebel 1886 Rifle (8mm Lebel, 8 Round Tube, 9.8 lbs)
Mas 36 Rifle (5 round integral box mag., 7.5 mm, spike bayonet, optional folding stock)
FM 24/29 Light Machine Gun (use Bren, 7.5mm, 25 rnd box mag.)
Hotchkiss M1914 Machine Gun (8mm, 24 rnd stripper clip or belt)
Mab Model D Pistol

For vehicles such as scout cars check out the wikipedia entries for the Laffly, i used these for my
own game and its easy too make up the stats. Same with the "Sardine Can" Tankettes
commonly in use by the Italians.

------------Ok theres no real stats for these as i said but i dont want too step on any toes at PEG
but frankly you can easily come up with your own just by cruising wikipedia for awhile, they
have ready made lists of Infantry weapons for various countries involved in ww2, plus for inspiration
check out the various unit histories such as those for the French 13th Demi-Brigade, Italian
Centauro and Barsiglieri Divisions etc. Oh and remember that the French are divided into
the Vichy Government and the Free French and the FFL is different than the regular army.

I hope this helps some Smile

" Behind this flabby exterior is a complete lack of character. "
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're working through that material now with the intent to get it to you soon, along with some other Weird War II material that's been a little stuck in the pipe.

Fear not.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
Fear not.

Surely you meant, "Fear me!" or "Fear the carngage and horror we are about to unleash!" Just sounds more dramatic, Wink
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems my fear-fu is weak.

At least in my posts.
Strangedos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one eagerly await the arrival of what comes out of those pipes, once they are unstuck, i am sure it will be Fearfully good stuff Wink

Strangedos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be sticking my neck out a bit...so if i am feel free too chop it off Wink but i was curious if one of the upcoming products for WW2 was a compendium of weapons for use by Covert and Special Forces Operatives. The reason i ask is that well if there is one coming that would be good but if not i had devised one myself that included such weapons as the DeLisle Carbine the Welrod silenced pistol, the Riesing Machine Gun etc and was wondering if i could maybe post those with stats etc? I had assumed this sort of thing wasn't a huge priority for the setting so i thought i would ask? if it was ok i was going too add a thread and let others that may be interested post some of their own or ask questions about such weapons as related too the game etc etc...blah blah?

jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I answer rashly (and thereby pay homage to most war veterans' socks...), let me make a quick consultation.
Teller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got no plans for a compendium of the various rare/exotic/little used weapons. Since SW is so...lite in stats for weapons, such a list would basically be a whole lotta similar stats with different names. We're putting our efforts into the previously mentioned products that I think everyone will find useful, no matter what theater you plan on playing in.
Abbner Home
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangedos wrote:
I may be sticking my neck out a bit...so if i am feel free too chop it off Wink but i was curious if one of the upcoming products for WW2 was a compendium of weapons for use by Covert and Special Forces Operatives. The reason i ask is that well if there is one coming that would be good but if not i had devised one myself that included such weapons as the DeLisle Carbine the Welrod silenced pistol, the Riesing Machine Gun etc and was wondering if i could maybe post those with stats etc? I had assumed this sort of thing wasn't a huge priority for the setting so i thought i would ask? if it was ok i was going too add a thread and let others that may be interested post some of their own or ask questions about such weapons as related too the game etc etc...blah blah?

I'm working on some of that as part of my detailed commando equipment list literally right now. I'll post or link when ready.

Specifically I'm doing the DeLisle and a suppressor for the Browning HP and other Special Forces stuff right now. I'm away from library for now and the covert stuff is aways a way in campaign so it will be second wave.
serene_muse
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangedos wrote:
i will put a few of my French/Italian weapons-Vehicle stats i made here in case somebody wants too use them.

<snip of writeups>

I hope this helps some Smile

Yes, useful and a spark for my own thoughts. Thanks for posting!

On the commando weapons, I think it might be best as part of a general special forces (was that the WW2 era term even?) supplement. I think GURPS WWII had something similar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: