Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will the future be like?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The world 300 years from now will be:
Star Trek—An age of galactic colonization and scientific exploration.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Starcraft—An age of colonization and exploration cut short by interstellar warfare.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Planet of the Apes (the original, not the crappy redux)—Mankind has fallen off the evolutionary ladder, giving way to a new society.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Paranoia/1984/THX-1136—A dystopian age of unchecked social control and subservience.
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Mad Max/Book of Eli—Forget space travel. A post-civilization world of limited resources.
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Back to the Future II—Pretty much like it is now, but with cooler toys and worse fashion. Maybe we've colonized the moon, but we're still alone in the galaxy.
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Something else (explain below).
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 44

Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overcrowded, short on resources, and still full of wise men, idiots, and fanatics.

As for the riots -- you gotta love the dumb idiots who go loot a TV when they're told the world is going to end. Yeah, that'll be the most useful thing to steal come the apocalypse.
Preatori0us
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
Overcrowded, short on resources, and still full of wise men, idiots, and fanatics.

As for the riots -- you gotta love the dumb idiots who go loot a TV when they're told the world is going to end. Yeah, that'll be the most useful thing to steal come the apocalypse.

I'll be looting guns, ammunition and foodstuffs thank you very much. Is it kind of sad that most of the votes(including mine) have gone for the some what crappy future?
Merlin_Sylver
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the world is due for some major physical calamities that will culminate in a massive spiritual awakening which changes everything so profoundly that I can't even begin to imagine what it might be like.
Yondalor
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now it seems the world is undergoing some kind of transformation. The economical crisis, wikileaks and other stuff like that. To me, it seems like an old vs. new conflict, with bankers and governments trying to hold on to the last scraps of their power as the rug is being pulled from under them.

In 300 years, though? I have no idea, but my pessimistic view would be "more of the same". There's this website about the cyclical nature of history, called The Fourth Turning. Their theory is that the world goes through four "turnings" every 80 years, called "The High", "The Awakening", "The Unraveling" and "The Crisis". The last Crisis was the Great Depression and the World Wars, then came the High of the forties and fifties, and the Awakening of the late sixties and eighties.

It's still being debated, but people generally agree that the Unraveling began sometime in the late eighties, and right now we should be somewhere in the Crisis.

So, in 300 years we should either be in Back to the Future 2, or Starcraft. I'm too lazy to count. Razz
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The future will be boring because I won't be around to annoy and piss people off. Mr. Green
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:

Except in some sort of viral-zombie outbreak. You can still hit the buggers over the head with the TV. Wink
inlife9
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the bombs go off and the fallout settles the people will need to scrunge and survive on a daily basis. I went with the mad max. It just seems right. Any of them will really put a damper on my game night, though... Sad
Random survivor doctor "I dont think the gamma sick guys feel like playing your damn game!"
Insane survivor Gamer. Click, click.."Make em roll them dice or your gonna die alot faster than they are.".."WA What that one say?.. He was trying to dodge?"
steamdriven
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then again it could all turn out like this....

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Cute+Explosion/

... :O hope not! coz if i am one of the animals how will i work the interweb?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon speech recognition software...

SteveN
kreider204
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... so bright, I gotta wear shades.
inlife9
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should watch this, and learn this. Surviving Desaster is the name of the show. Nuclear Attack is the episode, in case you cant use the link. Perhaps you can find it some where else.

http://www.fancast.com/tv/Surviving-Disaster/101860/1601713487/Nuclear-Attack/videos
Lysander
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess the source of this Dystopia...

"I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon. City and sky become one, merging into a single plane, a vast sea of unbroken grey. The Twin Moons, just two pale orbs as they trace their way across the steely sky. I used to think I had a pretty good life here, just plugging into my machine for the day, then watching Templevision or reading a Temple Paper in the evening.

'My friend Jon always said it was nicer here than under the atmospheric domes of the Outer Planets. We have had peace since 2062, when the surviving planets were banded together under The Red Star of the Solar Federation. The less fortunate gave us a few new moons. I believed what I was told. I thought it was a good life, I thought I was happy. Then I found Something that changed it all...'
Minesril
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it kinda funny that although Roddenberry came up with Star Trek, which is a nice shiny optimistic vision of the future, he also came up with Andromeda...which isn't.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minesril wrote:
I find it kinda funny that although Roddenberry came up with Star Trek, which is a nice shiny optimistic vision of the future, he also came up with Andromeda...which isn't.

I have heard Andromeda may have been a re write of a future Star trek series idea set after the fall of the federation. And both rehashed the name and frozen in time concept of Dylan Hunt and rebuilding that was in the three pilet movies for the series Genesis 2/Planet earth/Strange New World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_II_%28film%29
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: