Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing Savage Worlds on PC, Mac or Linux with friends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmiteWorks
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Playing Savage Worlds on PC, Mac or Linux with friends Reply with quote

Hey guys, this introduction here is long over-do, so I apologize. I'm one of the owners for SmiteWorks and we are the creators of the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop. We've been long-time supporters and fans of Pinnacle products and we have converted somewhere around 80+ Savage Worlds compatible products, mostly from Pinnacle but also from other licenses such as Triple Ace Games and White Haired Man. You can see a link to our site on the homepage of the peginc website, right under the Facebook link on the right.

So what is this all about? How do I play Savage Worlds and what is required?

In short, every player needs a license of Fantasy Grounds to run the software. The GM needs a Full or Ultimate license and then she needs to buy and install the Savage Worlds ruleset. She can optionally purchase fully ready-to-play adventure modules, token and map packs or additional settings such as Deadlands Reloaded, Slipstream, etc.

The GM creates a new campaign and selects Savage Worlds and then she would begin prepping her game, much like she would in person. If you've bought a module, or you want to run the included sample module, you simply start the campaign and then activate the module from the module activation screen once inside. You can see videos of this by checking the links I'll post below or by doing a quick search for Fantasy Grounds on YouTube. This functionality is basically the same whether you are playing Savage Worlds or another game system such as D&D or Pathfinder.

Inside the campaign, the GM will create a story outline, create NPC stats and items, any pre-gen PCs and load maps and images into their campaign directory so they can share them with the players once they start the game.

How to play the game once I'm done prepping
When you exit and re-start Fantasy Grounds, you will choose to Load Campaign instead of Create New Campaign. You'll select your newly created campaign and then supply the provided alias which is displayed to your players via email, phone or chat. When the player loads Fantasy Grounds, they will click Join Game, provide a username and your alias and then connect.
* there are some networking steps you'll need to configure as a GM, such as allowing Fantasy Grounds through your Firewall and routing port 1802 from your router to your local computer. More detail instructions for this are on the FG forums.
SmiteWorks
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some basic videos posted by one of our users with generic enough information that applies to all game systems.

Downloading and Installing Fantasy Grounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K0968ut4xs&feature=relmfu

GM Overview of Fantasy Grounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct6CZp-iJAE&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL6733EF1EE0CB09FA

Player interface overview of Fantasy Grounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K0968ut4xs&feature=relmfu

Savage Worlds Tutorial 1 (about 10 in this series)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCu4s0apBbw

Screnshots:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: