Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Daring Entertainment] Hellspawn Previews
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: [Daring Entertainment] Hellspawn Previews Reply with quote

The first preview for Hellspawn is posted at the Daring Entertainment website.

Be sure to check it out, and get an idea of what's in store for the product line!

Last edited by Lee_Szczepanik on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
IamDGMartin
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww yeah!

Bring on the super-hero-alien-zombie-invasionocalypse!

Protagonist Games
Creator of RAWR! The Monstrous Adventure Game
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet.
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to get this line released. If play test was correct, it did a great job of using both the core rules and the Super Powers Companion, and power stunts did a great job of really flexing the Super Power Companion's muscles.
yynderjohn
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!! Very excited to see this! Lee, can you give us a preview of how Stunts work? pretty please Smile
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second preview is up!

This week, we take a look at a few of the unique features of the setting's version of New York.
haterofshame
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm looks damned good... Summer = gencon i presume?
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haterofshame wrote:
Hmm looks damned good... Summer = gencon i presume?

Sadly, it won't be at GenCon. The PDF should be out before then (art delays), but the print edition from Chronicle City won't be until around late September, I am guessing.

Trust me . . . I would have loved to have had the lead-in book at GenCon!

Cool news for the main setting (plot-point campaign) book is that the core writing is just about done. There are some possible extra features going into the book, but we'll announce the what and how in August. Wink
haterofshame
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah GenCon release is something special, even for us in Denmark. What about selling cds with the PDF on it for the PDF price or something similar. Think someone did it at some point in GenCon history..

Cool with my new Ipad PDFs are a bit less annoying:-)
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay folks, been dealing with a much needed search for a new home and all those hoops to get the family into a bigger place. So, my weekly Hellspawn previews were not so weekly the past 7 days.

The next installment talks about the actual Hellspawn creatures a little, and I will try to have it written and posted some time this weekend. Wink
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay, folks. Still getting everything ready for this week's move into a new house.

That said, Hellspawn Preview #3: The Hellspawn is now live at the Daring Entertainment website.
Dr. Halloween
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. The preview of the Hellspawn was really incredible!

**Spoiler alert**

The horror of having your consciousness trapped in zombie body-- "feeling the crunch of bones between your teeth." It gave me a shiver just reading it!
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, an update from our Facebook Page . . .

Now that GenCon is over, Hellspawn: Countdown to Invasion is in layout with Aaron Acevedo. Once as that is done (soon), our winners get their free PDFs and the commercial release launches.

Meanwhile, just finished a one-shot "Convention Adventure" that takes place 1 month after Countdown. This will be a freebie release, and can also be easily inserted into an ongoing Hellspawn campaign.

Finally, now that the new house is together, the freebie adventure is done, and layout is proceeding, I am working on the website blurb for the Necroleans, as promised.

All in all, thank the gods the hectic summer is almost over! Smile

Daring Entertainment will be doing a KICKSTARTER for the Hellspawn setting book. Before initial panic happens, the setting book is releasing either way. The Kickstarter will allow us to do much more with it art-wise (and expand the content with other writers), and include some cool Tier rewards.

Meanwhile, I already have 3-4 One-Sheets and further individual adventures (some free, some for sale) in the works.

DHRDawg
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!
yynderjohn
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee.
Can you give us another tidbit of the rules different from the SPC and NE? I'm really interested in the stunt mechanic.
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yynderjohn wrote:
Hi Lee.
Can you give us another tidbit of the rules different from the SPC and NE? I'm really interested in the stunt mechanic.

Now that the Stunts are through editing with Jodi Black (and were co-designed for us by Clint Black, himself), I'll look at what I can release in a blurb without giving the entire thing away. After all, given that Hellspawn: Countdown to Invasion is the first place these things appear, giving them away before release would be well . . . bad. Wink

But, yeah, I'll see what I can muster to at least Preview the highlights of how they will work. Maybe I can make the upcoming Preview a dual topic: Necroleans and Power Stunts.

I'll be honest, though-- it'll be a Preview. The full rule details won't be released until the product goes commercial; at which point I know they'll be discussed on forums, anyway. Wink
yynderjohn
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curse you Lee! Making me wait more...Get that kickstarter up already so I can throw my money at it!
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yynderjohn wrote:
Curse you Lee! Making me wait more...Get that kickstarter up already so I can throw my money at it!

Yeah, but ya'all will have Hellspawn: Countdown to Invasion (with the Power Stunt rules) before the Kickstarter even launches. That will be out as soon as Aaron Acevedo is done layout and I approve it (probably sooner than you think, too).

Countdown to Invasion has some setting info, the Players Guide (which only includes Novice ranked Edges, as the high end material isn't used in this book, but has Power Stunts and any other Setting Rules that aren't post-invasion specific), six massive adventures that launch it all, and 42 (manuscript) pages of NPCs.

During play test, each adventure actually took 2 sessions (some 3 sessions) to play through. They are pretty content dense.

The Kickstarter is for the main setting book (complete with full post-invasion Setting details, Locations, more Edges and Hindrances, the PPC, and more). Though, like I said . . . since it directly relates to Countdown to invasion, the Setting book is coming out, but folks will have an opportunity to help us make it bigger and better! Wink
yynderjohn
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double curse you for teasing us with more cool super games!! lol
Awesome, can't wait for the pdf.
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yynderjohn wrote:
Double curse you for teasing us with more cool super games!! lol
Awesome, can't wait for the pdf.

Hellspawn is actually an entire product line. What we have on the plate so far:

----Hellspawn: Countdown to Invasion (six adventure mini-series book that launches it all)

---- Hellspawn setting book (full-on, post-invasion setting book, complete with details, locations, NPCs, Setting Rules (including expanded Super Team rules), more details on the Lunarians, Atlanteans, and Martians (including their gear), adventure generator, Plot-Point Campaign, and Savage Tales.

----- Untitled Sourcebook which gives full details on the Atlantean, Lunarian, and Martian societies, as well as new information on the Necroleans (with a possible racial options for players being a form of Necrolean "traitor"). Will also include a mini Plot Point Campaign that takes the players to Atlantis, the Moon, and Mars to battle the Necroleans and their Hellspawn.

-------Untitled adventure anthology, designed for Legendary heroes after the plot-point campaign.

*** various individual adventures and one-sheets.

Based on initial play test and preview feedback, we are also doing a setting book for the actual superheroic setting the Necroleans invaded, as well as a Cosmic Level sourcebook that details that aspect of the "Hellspawn" universe.

The setting book is already a majority written (except for the Kickstarter tier rewards that play a part in it, naturally), and the first Sourcebook is already just about through the design/play test stage and nearing being written.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: