Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOE errata in the print version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calabim
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: HOE errata in the print version? Reply with quote

I noticed that the PDF has been updated a couple of times. Will these changes be reflected in the print version?
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: HOE errata in the print version? Reply with quote

Calabim wrote:
I noticed that the PDF has been updated a couple of times. Will these changes be reflected in the print version?

Yes. The final print master hasn't yet gone to press, even though the book has "gone to the printer."
Calabim
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear. Thanks.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calabim wrote:
Great to hear. Thanks.

The version currently in release (new today, as mentioned in the Tuesday Update) has the proof edits, so it is as the print version will be.
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Was the plan to release the PDF before the final print file was finished to get the community-at-large to give it one final error check before the printed version went out?

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been doing that ever since we started releasing the PDF ahead of the printed book.

A wide spread of fans who are interested in the product provide a final proofing mechanism that simply cannot be replicated (or, in my mind, beaten) by any other plan. We'd be foolish to ignore your contributions, and we appreciate them very much.
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Joel said. And just so folks know, there were at least 7 sets of professional editors *paid* to go through the manuscript to one degree or another, plus a number of volunteers.

So we do all we can, but *nothing* matches you guys and gals. Smile

Shane
Dagon
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On p. 155 in my PDF there is an encounter with a mutant war party. There is reference to Changed and Veteran Changed and each has brackets (presumably to indicate what stats from the monster section to use for these muties) but the brackets are empty. Anyone know what this should read? Is there an official errata thread I should be on?
Dagon
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dagon wrote:
On p. 155 in my PDF there is an encounter with a mutant war party. There is reference to Changed and Veteran Changed and each has brackets (presumably to indicate what stats from the monster section to use for these muties) but the brackets are empty. Anyone know what this should read? Is there an official errata thread I should be on?

Eh, sorry, missed this.

The War Party would use the same stats for Changed and Veteran Changed as the Raiding Party in the first column on that page.

www.peginc.com
shinryu
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a couple of oddities in the weapons table, if you're still revising (I have a version from a couple days ago, has the new Wheels edge that doesn't require Rich):

The HI Thunderer and Damnation appear to still be identical, though one's a submachinegun.

The extra range brackets for the grenade launchers under "Grenades" are still there.

Not necessarily a typo, but the Hunting Rifle continues to be worse than the lever-action rifle (same damage, range, and presumably RoF but a lower ammunition capacity) but costs 1.5 times as much. Seemed odd.
martiank9
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The description of the Vengance Brigade Automaton on page 158 says that they have no integral weapons, but their gear list matches the integrated weapons from the regular automaton.

Are their weapons held or mounted? Is the ammo stored internally?

martiank9
Doc Firefly
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also no generic "syker" in the creature section.
Dagon
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TSAR weapon on p.83 is an over and under. How many gyro jet rounds does it hold? Also should it really be 3d10+4 damage? That doesn't match any other gyro jet rounds in the book. Perhaps 2d10+4?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: