Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would a video camera cost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amdramnar
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: What would a video camera cost Reply with quote

One of my posse wants to be an Actress from Movie Town traveling the wastes for some real world experience or imerssion. She wants a Sidekick to be a cameraman who follows her around to get some good footage.

Since the palmcorders only record sound, what kinda cost would you give to a video recorder. Right now I am leaning toward double but not sure I can find the cost of a palmcorder either.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "brand new" palmcorder is $500 (Wasted West, page 26 / 27) or free to Librarians (issued as part of the job). Note that the grand library only pays $50 for returned palmcorders, just enough to make it worth the diversion to Sacramento but not enough to make you go Librarian-hunting.
It's basically a palm-top computer with terrabytes of ram and removable storage (data slugs).

I'd use similar stats for a video camera, though I'd probably up the power usage to 1 charge per hour. Figure that a slug will hold ~4 terrabytes. That would be about 864 hours of movie-quality video and audio per slug (figure 216 hours per terrabyte, at DVD quality levels).
Blank slugs are ~$10 (depending upon location), but slugs of data can be worth a lot more depending upon what that data is.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the sidekick camera man thing. I would probably guess about $50 or maybe $100 for a top of the range steadycam.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo! Like Booster Gold, have a flying orb camera that's also your agent!

SteveN
Clash957
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snate56 wrote:
Oooo! Like Booster Gold, have a flying orb camera that's also your agent!

"Skeets! Go check if there are any wormlings in that building, and get me a rad-free cola!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: