Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[1889] Is the PDF compatible with Deluxe Exporer Edition?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bstripp
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: [1889] Is the PDF compatible with Deluxe Exporer Edition? Reply with quote

I recently became active in Savage Worlds and love the system. I have purchased the core rules, the fantasy and supers companion. However, at Gen Con I picked up the Leviathans game from Cayalyst. The Ships would be perfect for a Space 1889 game and I intend to run a campaign where the players are a captain of an Aether ship.

My question is this:
Is the Space 1889 PDF on the site compatible with the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer Edition of the rules?

The site is not really clear as to what versions are for what, or what has changed. Any help in clarifying the matter would be wonderful.
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing about Savage Worlds is that core rules can update without a real conflict with setting rules. You can really use any edition of the core rules with any of the settings.

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few differences in some Edges, like Martial Artist. But in those cases, the general rule is that Setting Rules trump Core Rules, so you'd use the Martial Arts Edge in the Space: 1889 book. Of course, you could always just choose which one you prefer, as it's your game and you can run it how you please.

Aside from that, no, there are no significant differences.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: [1889] Is the PDF compatible with Deluxe Exporer Edition Reply with quote

Welcome to the Savage Family. I hope you have as much fun as I have had.
Very Happy
bstripp wrote:
The site is not really clear as to what versions are for what, or what has changed. Any help in clarifying the matter would be wonderful.

Savage Worlds editions, like real books and unlike other role playing games, have very small changes in the rules. Mostly PEG figures out how to say the same things with fewer pages, or changes rules that simply were not working correctly (too confusing, too slow, too frustrating, et cetera).

Even better, the Setting Rules are independent of the Core Rules. The Core changes but not a lot, while the setting stays the same and the setting rules are always relevant. When the Core changes, your Settings are still good, so you only need to buy a new Core Rules book to be completely up to date. #gunbattle

TL;DR: You're good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: