Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus Hobbies - Perfect Sci-fi Terrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Pegasus Hobbies - Perfect Sci-fi Terrain Reply with quote

I have seen these sets for some time and finally broke down and ordered a couple of them, 2 Hexagon Construction sets and 1 Chemical Plant. I have completed 1 box of the Hexagon Construction set and am half way with the Chemical Plant. I have to say, these things look awesome. The detail is superb and for only around $20 each, it's very reasonable too. Once I have them complete, I will have to give them that extra special attention and paint them up for some tabletop gaming.

UPDATE
I got all 3 boxes done. In one Platformer box, I made three smaller fortifications. The other Platformer was used up to make one big fortification. Out of the Chemical Plant box, I made two plants. I sprayed a good coat or two of Metallic Alluminum on all of them. I'll have to do a bunch of finishing, but they looked so cool already I had to pull out my Starship Troopers miniatures and see how they would work. Answer? AWESOME!

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got several of these sets, plus some Robogear models from the original manufacturer (Tehnolog, in Russia), very useful for "bitz" for various constructions. However, just to note: While it's billed that you can take it apart and put it back together again, I've found the plastic to get brittle, and connectors break easily when pulling apart. (I have not yet found a "proper" or "safe" way to disassemble sections without the risk of breakage on the connectors.) Still, if your intent is to build something to STAY that way, it works just fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: