Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Marchland] Anyone picked Marchland up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corwyn
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: [Marchland] Anyone picked Marchland up? Reply with quote

I was curious if the ibook version would work ok on an iphone? If not I can wait for the PDF but I would love to hear about a new urban fantasy type setting.

Thanks in advance,

Corwyn
haterofshame
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it, was dirt cheap.. Interesting premise. Work very well on ipad, a bit ahead of its time, being "interactive" and all. Unfortunately work have kept me from delving deeper into it..
Hellfire6A
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this in Nook!

None are free until all are free!
haterofshame
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a closer look and like what i see. It has your own build your own fae ( not faerie they hate the word Very Happy ) and build your own revenant (undead) system for creating characters. Youcan play as mortal, gifted ( magic) and supernatural. The build-your-own fae system also includes creating native american spirits ( manitou)

Spell system is no spell points, with casting modifiers roughly equal to power point cost. Hmm there seems to be no way to lower the casting modifiers through prolonged casting, making some spells very very difficult. Even darksight has a -1 casting modifier for instance. There is a singleedge that will lower the difficulty tough..

The adversaries were a little bit disappointing. Many of the special abilities are simply spells, was hoping for a lot of kewl new special abilities, but only a minor gripe. Using the many spirits and manitou fom say Hellfrost should solve the problem quite easily.

The default city is very well described, and maps can be accessed with a touch, the interactice part of Marchland..

The world beyond our own is not one but many. Obliette, insane fae are banished to it. Arcadia, the classical fae lands with winter, autumn, spring and summer being lands within Arcadia. Echo, the noir version of the default city and home to spirits and ghosts. Wildwood, the otherworldly version of the great forest than once covered the world. In addition it mentions than many more worlds are beyond our world, a clear opportunity for the creative DM..
Hellfire6A
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on you...now not only am I looking forward to it...I am drooling.

None are free until all are free!
haterofshame
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it actually looks very, very good. Have not examined the rules closely yet, but looks true to the savage engine.

It has the urban fantasy vibe popular these days and the mention of more worlds than the ones described are a big seller for me. You could easily work in demons/devils from hell, angelic beings from heaven or lovecraftian monsters from beyond the dreamlands ( the realm of Echo is mentioned as being called the dreamlands Very Happy )

Ohh there is a chapter of folk remedies. Spells bound into bottles for 1 use items and the use of natural plants to help against the supernatural. Acorns grant +2 against magic cast at you for instance..
siefertma
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working up a review for the blog now.

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
corwyn
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it is only for the Ipad at the moment so I will just have to wait on the PDF version. Sounds really good so far which is making waiting all the more difficult.

Corwyn
siefertma
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siefertma wrote:
I'm working up a review for the blog now.

It will be up by Saturday... I hope.

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: