Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[NE] Abilities Vs. Invisibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phemeto
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: [NE] Abilities Vs. Invisibility Reply with quote

Hey there, i have a quick question if thats not too much trouble; i looked all over the forums and can't seem to find an answers.

Okay so im playing a mental mastermind with Mind Control, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Mind Reading, etc...

Now one of the other characters has invisibility + Telepathy, and i know invisibility gives a -6 to attacks against it without making a proper notice check.

my question would be, does Mind Control count as an "attack" and should it even require sight on the target? especially if i can communicate to it with telepathy. Or would it function as like a gun shot to the target, where i'd need to notice first or take the -6?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: [NE] Abilities Vs. Invisibility Reply with quote

Phemeto wrote:
Okay so im playing a mental mastermind with Mind Control, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Mind Reading, etc...

Now one of the other characters has invisibility + Telepathy, and i know invisibility gives a -6 to attacks against it without making a proper notice check.

my question would be, does Mind Control count as an "attack" and should it even require sight on the target? especially if i can communicate to it with telepathy. Or would it function as like a gun shot to the target, where i'd need to notice first or take the -6?

Well, first off, the trappings of the powers (specifically Invisibility) can affect this answer, so the decision is up to the GM based on those factors.

Otherwise, while you can affect any mind within 12", the character does need to know that they mind is there within the 12".

Telepathy doesn't provide a sense of range inherently (the character is just as "loud" beside you as a mile away). It should be noted that Telepathy is specifically limited by sight. So while the invisible character can contact you easily with his telepathy, you would have to make a Smarts roll to contact him with your own power.

Ultimately (again barring trappings), telepathy is kind of a null effect on whether Mind Control could be used unless it's used to ask if the person is within range (and they would reply truthfully). Although it could affect the roll since maintaining Telepathy does inflict a -2 on other rolls.

Short version: Barring trappings, you'd likely have to make a Notice roll at -4 and if successful, a normal Mind Control roll, but final decision is up to the GM.

Hope that helps.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: