Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Female Muckraker Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uthoroc
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Female Muckraker Mini Reply with quote

One of the players in my upcoming Deadlands campaign is playing a female muckraker (from Chicago). I've been looking all over for a suitable mini for her, but alas muckrakers - especially women - seems to be very rare!

Reaper seems to be doing Lacy O'Malley soon, but that still leaves female reporters/journalists out in the cold.

Does anyone know of a suitable miniature for the weird west setting that would fit such a character?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few suggestions in this thread. Many thanks to the awesome Jordan Peacock.

Specifically, start with his various Mad Scientist or Huckster females and change the things in the hands into a notepad. The female Texas Ranger could also be converted by replacing her pistol with a notepad or camera.

Good luck!
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thought is that if I were going to do a muckraker/photographer conversion, I'd go with a period-authentic box camera on a tripod, rather than the 1920s-ish camera that Lacy O'Malley is sported as carrying. (Yes, I know in Deadlands they have "Spirit Cameras" that are remarkably ahead of the times, but it just doesn't feel "Old West" to me.)

That way, the figure of choice could be standing up normally, and the tripod box camera (a box, some sticks/wires/toothpicks for a tripod, some green putty for a drape, and something for a front lens) could be put on the front of the base (though the figure itself would need to be moved back to make room, and likely couldn't just conveniently be slotted into the 30mm base like usual).

I might keep that in mind for a conversion of the "Female Huckster" figure: use some putty to fix her dress, replace the cards with a some hand holding a rod that I could turn into a flash lamp, and put something representing a camera on a tripod on the front of the base.
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I haven't done much in the way of conversions, but I might have to in this case. Thanks for the pointers.
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed similar, and used the RAFM CoC miniature. 25mm, but that still works out for a female mini. Hmm, just checked RAFM's website, and I can't find her. I know she was from CoC ... maybe an old Grenadier figure?

Not as helpful as I thought it would be.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Female Muckraker Mini Reply with quote

Uthoroc wrote:
Does anyone know of a suitable miniature for the weird west setting that would fit such a character?

Check out Pulp Figures. Two options I can think of offhand. The Gumshoes set has a female with a camera, and then there is the Newshounds set for a female reporter (and could provide other NPC figures she would interact with).

http://www.pulpfigures.com/catcode.php?range=Gangland%20Justice&code=PGJ&number=8&custID=121692021301347464121

http://www.pulpfigures.com/catcode.php?range=Gangland%20Justice&code=PGJ&number=9&custID=121692021301347464121

www.peginc.com
Uthoroc
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very good, thanks! I saw the girl with the camera in some online gallery, but couldn't find what company she was from.
Uthoroc
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now, the player will have to do with a no-camera female figure from Black Scorpion. I didn't feel up to trying to convert her.

For the Huckster PC in the group, the official SW mini turned out to fit perfectly. He was great fun to paint.

Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So she's got a rifle.
Put her on a bigger base and scratchbuild a tripod camera next to her.

EDIT: Wait, are these your already painted figures? If so then come up with a camera on a separate base that can sit next to her.

SteveN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: