Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

removing HeroClix bases?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Super glue, I think -- but only if you pin it first. That is, you'll need a hobby pinning drill (NOT a power drill!) to drill a hole into both pieces, then join them with a small piece of wire. (I use straightened-out paperclips cut to length for this purpose.) There's no "wonder glue" that's going to bond such fine little pieces suitably otherwise, in my estimate.

Mmmmmm....

I use fender washers for my bases. Do you think a pinning drill would penetrate the washer's steel?

Love the paper clip idea, BTW!!! I''ve been using straight pins. They don't bend/flex too well. Sad

I hope we see more adventures from the meddlesome kids!
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warrenss2 wrote:
I use fender washers for my bases. Do you think a pinning drill would penetrate the washer's steel?

No, I'm pretty sure a typical hobby pinning drill wouldn't fare too well at that. However, washers usually have a HOLE in the center. This presents me with two ideas for what I might attempt if I were concerned with attaching a figure to a washer base AND filling or covering that hole in the center of the washer.

1) Epoxy or putty to fill the center gap. Go ahead and wire the bottom of the figure, and stick the wire into the filled area in the center of the washer.

2) Thin cardboard, mat board, or scrap plastic or foam to cover the hole. Get something that you're going to glue ON the base to cover the hole, and pin the figure to THAT. This larger item would presumably have a wider surface of contact than the bottom of the figure would on its own, and thus form a stronger bond to the washer with glue.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic: In terms of size or scale, how do the Heroclix compare with 28mm figures please?

My collection is mostly eM4, GW and Copplestone, and I'm tempted to get some Gears of War or Halo clix, but don't want to buy stuff that will look too far out of whack with the rest.
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the Clix miniatures stand pretty well (scale-wise) next to "regular" 28mm metal minis.

I only have a couple that seem tall... I just say they're tall folks/creatures.

I'm not one that overly worries about scale unless it's it too big of a difference to be explainable.

Quote:
This presents me with two ideas for what I might attempt if I were concerned with attaching a figure to a washer base AND filling or covering that hole in the center of the washer.
- You are one brainy and talented individual, Mr. Peacock. I tip my hat to you, sir. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: