Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Rippers] Need GMing suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dracones
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonofthunder wrote:

Yes, we are (or should be). I will have to remind the group to do so. I have been giving out 3 each session, but we have 5 players, and 15 bennies seems excessive.

It wouldn't be excessive if you're hitting them with several hard fights.

I've found Savage Worlds to be pretty brutal. Incap rolls in particular are pretty messy. I ran a little app to calculate the results for various vigor dice:

Code:

d4: Percentages: Okay: 27.1, Bleeding Out: 22.88, Dead: 50
d6: Percentages: Okay: 30.57, Bleeding Out: 24.97, Dead: 44.45
d8: Percentages: Okay: 37.52, Bleeding Out: 29.14, Dead: 33.33
d10: Percentages: Okay: 50, Bleeding Out: 23.31, Dead: 26.67

The -3 wound penalty on the vigor check is just brutal. On a d6 vigor your players should have a less than 1 in 3 chance of being okay. That's not counting using bennies, obviously.

In my last game after several months I think I only saw 2 incap rolls not counting the final night which was a total party wipeout. In my friend's current game he's limiting mooks to being only able to inflict 2 wounds because we found the existing damage in the game to be pretty nasty.
sonofthunder
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for everyone's input. I had a good talk with my group, and was happily surprised that we were on the same page. We did talk about what they could do better as a group, and what I could do better as a GM.
Jonah Hex
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracones wrote:

I've found Savage Worlds to be pretty brutal. Incap rolls in particular are pretty messy.

Incap is the one rule I still use from SWEX since the new rules are so much more lethal. I may use the new ones for Suzerain since I want characters to die in that since they get better. And Cthulhu, since they don't. Thy're fine in settings where the heroes don't die, I guess, like pulp and supers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: