Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vampire Setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Vampire Setting Reply with quote

I have looked through many of the licenses and materials produced for SW and only found a couple things that were geared specifically towards a “Vampire the Masquerade” style setting. Vampire Earth and a very good start of a conversion of Vampire the Masquerade on the Savage Heroes site.

Is there some other product or license out there that has done this very thing?

TheAgencyStar Founder/Administrator
Reality Blurs Writer - Agents of Oblivion Line
Editor - Pinnacle Entertainment Group
farik
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you be more specific about what you're looking for? A vampire setting could be as simple as making a vampire character race and then just running any other game.
Kythkyn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has done what very thing? If you want to convert VtM, just convert the setting. Or is that not what you want to do?
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily convert the setting, but some new entire supplement already written based on the setting.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trigger wrote:
Not necessarily convert the setting, but some new entire supplement already written based on the setting.

Do you want a supplement about playing vampires, and the game mechanics for that?
Or do you want a supplement filled with factional politics of vampires, including organizations, hierarchies, and thousands of years of history?

For the first, the Horror Companion can do quite well; similarly the Harrowed from either Deadlands: Reloaded or Hell On Earth: Reloaded can give you a playable undead with super-human powers.

For the second, pick up a vampire setting you like and go nuts; that's setting fluff, which is not usually changed by game mechanics. White Wolf has a couple of very respected settings. But if you're into it, you could use the politics from the Twilight novels (I assume that they have politics - never read a page of the series).
Zadmar
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
For the first, the Horror Companion can do quite well; similarly the Harrowed from either Deadlands: Reloaded or Hell On Earth: Reloaded can give you a playable undead with super-human powers.

Other possibilites include the Super Powers Companion, Supernaturalis and Arcane Abilities, each of which provide rules for designing your own supernatural creatures, and could easily be used to define a range of vampire bloodlines and disciplines.

Related discussion: Vampire the Masquerade - Generation Edge?

There's also Shanghai Vampocalypse, but I've not looked at it myself.

ValhallaGH wrote:
For the second, pick up a vampire setting you like and go nuts; that's setting fluff, which is not usually changed by game mechanics. White Wolf has a couple of very respected settings. But if you're into it, you could use the politics from the Twilight novels (I assume that they have politics - never read a page of the series).

There are lots of excellent vampire settings. But yes, I guess you could base it on Twilight as well.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zadmar wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:

Other possibilites include the Super Powers Companion, Supernaturalis and Arcane Abilities, each of which provide rules for designing your own supernatural creatures, and could easily be used to define a range of vampire bloodlines and disciplines.

All of which are excellent options.

Quote:
There's also Shanghai Vampocalypse, but I've not looked at it myself.

Having read it with plans to run it, I'd say that this is a poor candidate for being vampires.
If you want to kill highly infectious vampires in a near-future oriental city then this is an outstanding product. You versus six million vampires with the equivalent of the zombie plague.
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yes I was looking for a supplement for playing vampires and the game mechanics for it and with possible bloodline historical jargon to back up the setting. I guess it would be a combination of both somewhat. I know I could just take the info from Vampire the Mascaraed and stat out Vamps, but did not want to have to recreate the wheel here. I guess I would love to see a supplement that included the following in one supplement or book:

1. Vampire history and info on bloodlines/generations and actually playing a vampire PC as it pertains to interactions within all Vampire clans and with the outside world and their meaning of existence and goals.

2. Specific mechanics of playing a Vampire PC with possible specialized edges/hindrances and/or clan/vampire specific abilities.

3. NPC stat blocks for different people as it pertains to their profession and various levels of different clans/generations of Vampires.

4. Quick one sheet adventure to introduce players to the world of becoming a Vampire and the struggles of being accepted in their clan and the world itself.

Maybe I should start a Kickstarter. Laughing

Zadmar
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Converting the setting shouldn't be too hard (particularly if you're using one of the aforementioned rules to design the disciplines), but I imagine you'd need a licence to publish it, particularly if you're including background material.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: