Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Rifts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demonicuss Krinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I looked at it, and here's some things I saw:

The point of every race getting PPs - how does that work if I plan on playing a Merc, or non-Arcane person? I also think the "PP as cybernetics limiter" doesn't work - how much cyber can a starting Headhunter get? I think maybe the Sci-Fi Cybernetics section would work better.

I dig the idea you have making certain OOCs just Pro edges and Power Edges - I was wondering how to make the Cyber-Pyker-Knights and making it a Pro Edge works nicely.

From what I read, most of it works pretty decently.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonicuss Krinn wrote:
I was wondering how to make the Cyber-Pyker-Knights and making it a Pro Edge works nicely.

The Red Knight Professional Edge from Evernight would probably serve as a decent model to work from.
dentris
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonicuss Krinn wrote:
Well, I looked at it, and here's some things I saw:

The point of every race getting PPs - how does that work if I plan on playing a Merc, or non-Arcane person? I also think the "PP as cybernetics limiter" doesn't work - how much cyber can a starting Headhunter get? I think maybe the Sci-Fi Cybernetics section would work better.

I dig the idea you have making certain OOCs just Pro edges and Power Edges - I was wondering how to make the Cyber-Pyker-Knights and making it a Pro Edge works nicely.

From what I read, most of it works pretty decently.

If you have no Arcane Background, it's fluff and food for the Psi-Stalker, just like vanilla Rifts where everyone has PPE but many cannot use it. It's also the maximum of Cybernetics you can have installed (Use the Sci-Fi toolkits cost)
ioticus
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone send me anything they have for a Rifts to SW conversion to singleman5[at]hotmail[dot]com? Thanks!
Xaaon
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Riftterested also Reply with quote

I'd also be interested in those rules, if someone could email them to me at earthdawn_ron at the yahoo place... #gunbattle
Xaaon
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: So I was thinkin... Reply with quote

Thinkin...that's something I do quite a lot..

The best way to easily convert Rifts to SW would be to have the characters start at seasoned. This would allow for expanded character creation with 4 additional advances to create expanded templates...Like a Juicy template, a Crazed template...
Xaaon
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I came up with a "Juicy" Rig, I designed it as an artifact effectively, with boosts to Strength and Agility, and other abilities, including built-in hindrances.
Altered Priest
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm brand new to the boards, but not to the Savage Worlds system. I'd be interested in seeing your notes/conversion--any chance you could email them to alteredpriest -at- gmail -dot- com? Thanks!
Xaaon
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: RAISING THE DEAD POST Reply with quote

So, now that the Supers Companion is out, the Rifts Conversion is going to be so much simpler...

I'm building templates for Starting characters, I had been using Seasoned to start with, but now I'm going to revisit my work with Supers Companion.

Effectively, "OCCs" will be converted using different point arrays, Men of Magic of course having higher point arrays since they have less access to Mecha and the heavier hitting weaponry...

I'm loving the conversion now that I've had a chance to sit down and work it.
Xaaon
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

My Main book conversion is well under way, I have to tackle magic and psionic powers now,

Drop me a PM with your Email if you're interested in seeing my conversion.
Xaaon
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

This is a generic Cyborg, suitable for any Post-Modern/Sci-fi setting. It was created using the Super Powers Companion.

Race: Human
Traits
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d4, Strength d10, Vigor d10
Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Charisma:-2 Toughness: 7+4+1=12 Power Points: 0
Climbing **, Fighting ***, Guts **, Notice **, Shooting ***, Streetwise *, Repair **

Edges: none
Arcane Background: (Super Powers)
Full Conversion Cyborg: Construct (2), Super Attribute (4) +2 Vigor, +1 Agility, +1 Strength, Combat Edge(2): Hard to Kill Super Toughness (6) +4 Toughness, Monster Growth (1) +1 Size (-2 Cha, +1 Str/+1 Tough)
Hindrances: none

I was thinking of making Cyborgs into a race.
Xaaon
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up Interface Zero...excellent game, going to be working on my Savage Rifts conversion again after a couple month cool-off from the system.

The Cybernetics rules for IZ are excellent and I'll be using them.
drawdan
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: savage rifts Reply with quote

I am working on a Savage Rifts campaign because SW is my new fav, but I am a die hard old school palladium guy, specificaly Rifts.I am using the following SW sources for my conversion-SW core book(exploreres edition) Super Powers Companion, Fantasy Companion, Sci Fi Tool kit, and some stuff from Sundered Skies. I havnt looked at the Evernight stuff put I have heard there is usefull stuff there. In my game, the pc's are entering Rifts as Super Heroes strait from the SP companion. As they encounter Rifts RCC's and OCC's I will open those characters up to create in the event that there hero dies.(which is always a possability in Rifts) That way I only have to convert the OCC's or RCC's on a one at a time basis. I am using the Sci Fi toolkit for alot of my weapons, bots, and tech that they will encounter when they run into the Coalition. The beauty of SW is that it is free and clear of game numbing heavy handed mechanics, as long as you keep that while embraceing the Rifts game setting than you should be good.

The only thing I need to game test before decideing on is how I am going to allow the presence of Ley Lines to effect magic users and psi's. Obviously it will bolster teir power points, Im just working out HOW much by trying to maintain game balance.
Sunglar
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question... Are the conversions mentioned above still around? I am considering this as well, but wonder what others have done. If you would be so generous as to share it my e-mail is:

sunglar (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks in advance...
Atomic Scotsman
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can find my notes I will post them (again). I ran a short Savage RIFTS game a few years ago.

Tackling all of RIFTS would have been maddening, so I just focused on what was needed for the game and added on to that as necessarily. Think we had a Deadboy, and Psi-Stalker, a Techno-Wizard, and an Operator.

I basically made a 10 Power Point built, using the Super Powers Companion for each OCC. If Edges seemed to fit the class I included those as well. The SPC doesn't seem to be balanced against itself very well, but game balance was never a factor in RIFTS anyway.

You could also search this forum for some homebrew power armor rules I posted. They worked great for our game.

My advice would be to start the game small and manageable, then work up to giant robots and uber-monsters later on. It will help you avoid GM burn-out.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a ton of Rifts books but no place to play it. The idea behind it is rather interesting and a lot of the suggestions here are definitely helpful. Heck, SW rules are a lot less confusing and workable as is than what is presented in the books.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: