Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BryanH
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfson wrote:
Buck up, Bryan... Laughing

I'll remember that when you're facing off with the Red Baron next month, Wolfie. Twisted Evil

It's been a challenging but very educational time working on this. But hopefully it will provide some great savage gaming. I hope we have a chance to talk shop soon.

(Edited for excessive emoticon use.)
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

Enpeze wrote:
No seriously, dont you backup your company files? (I have a triple backup for every file in my company, so I cannot loose any data anymore)

Yes, but I hadnt in a couple of weeks. I had gone out to get some discs to back up the last update and while I was out my cat decided that it was a QB and tackled it, right off my desk. (I store stuff on an external drive). I am now looking to recover the data, but have to locate a recovery service that wont charge me an arm and a leg to do it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

BryanH wrote:
The gent who created the setting notes: "...[T]he graphic novel Arrowsmith (by Kurt Busiek and Carlos Pacheco) and the movie Flyboys were the primary inspirations for Kaiser’s Gate. If you enjoy this setting, chances are you’d probably like those too."
#1xyxthumbs

Somehow when working on my part I totally missed the reference to Arrowsmith, but I probably just ignored it since I had never heard of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BryanH
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfson wrote:
Buck up, Bryan... Laughing

I did... finally. Let's hope things are going well for Jonathan. The early part of this year was brutal for me. Took far too long to get back to the measly edits needed from the playtest and Jonathan's feedback, but the revised version is in his hands now.

At some point, savages everywhere will have an opportunity to take to the skies on a griffon o' war and sling spells from their favorite cultural motif.

Did I mention this book has a new, no-power-points magic system (AB: Spellbinding) and extensive examples to help players and GMs create their own custom spellbinding traditions? It's way cool, if I do say so myself. Lots of nifty magic items, too, like the amulet of protection from bullets.
Cool
"Blood, like Roots" in Flashing Swords #12
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BryanH wrote:
but the revised version is in his hands now.

Now its in the hands of layout. So, at some point it will be ready for release. I dont mind releasing some snippits if we can get some people to support a Kickstart on it.

BryanH wrote:
Did I mention this book has a new, no-power-points magic system (AB: Spellbinding) and extensive examples to help players and GMs create their own custom spellbinding traditions? It's way cool, if I do say so myself. Lots of nifty magic items, too, like the amulet of protection from bullets. Cool

Nope, dont think anyone knows anything about those items. Very Happy
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The books should be to the backers soon, we have received the proof and have authorized the release.
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the newest Savage Worlds expansion to the ever popular Kaisers Gate (an alternate history World War I setting created by Mike Lafferty). This book was spun out of the need for expanded material, and this manuscript, penned by Bill Ogden, evolved into a book about how mounts can make a big difference in the Great War. It takes items alluded to in the original Kaisers Gate and makes them a reality.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1292093911/field-manual-mounts-field-manual-volume-1
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS is half way to being funded. Note that if you missed Kaiser's Gate the first time around, you can buy it in the kickstarter for a reduced price
mikelaff72
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogbendog wrote:
KS is half way to being funded. Note that if you missed Kaiser's Gate the first time around, you can buy it in the kickstarter for a reduced price

This Kickstarter is now at 75% funded. Just a scant $250 away from hitting goal.

So close - it's literally painful.

If you're interested in seeing more Kaiser's Gate - (or if you dig the idea of Great War/Fantasy mashups with dog-fighting griffins and wyverns) please give the Kickstarter a look.

If you've already backed - please mention the KS on your social media. Word of mouth is our best method of getting the word out at this point.

So close....
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of options were added recently
You can get it in hardcover as an addon
You can git is signed by the author (Me!) as an addon

Shoot, you could do both.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/119241/Kaisers-Gate-Field-Manual-Mounts
mikelaff72
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogbendog wrote:

hey - we just hit $810. less than 200 to go now!
mikelaff72
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikelaff72 wrote:
ogbendog wrote:

hey - we just hit $810. less than 200 to go now!

920 now! Less than 100 before we hit goal and the Field Manual is greenlit
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what does it cover? What Magical Mounts ?

There are flying mounts. Pegasi, Sphinxes, and Rocs in Greece and the Middle East.
There are ground mounts. Giant Crabs, Manticores, and Drakes (flightless dragons) in the trenches of France.
There are enchanted "mounts". Walking huts, armed with machines guns and cannons striding out of Imperial Russia.

It fleshes out the geography and altered history of Serbia, Greece, and the Suez Region.

It adds a new playable race with a unique spellbinding, adds rules for ritual magic, and adds seven magic items appropriate for the regions.

mikelaff72
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogbendog wrote:
But what does it cover? What Magical Mounts ?

There are flying mounts. Pegasi, Sphinxes, and Rocs in Greece and the Middle East.
There are ground mounts. Giant Crabs, Manticores, and Drakes (flightless dragons) in the trenches of France.
There are enchanted "mounts". Walking huts, armed with machines guns and cannons striding out of Imperial Russia.

It fleshes out the geography and altered history of Serbia, Greece, and the Suez Region.

It adds a new playable race with a unique spellbinding, adds rules for ritual magic, and adds seven magic items appropriate for the regions.

Bill - do you have any previews we can show folks here? Maybe snippets of the new spellbinding or some of the new mounts?
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kickstarter page has 8 sample pages on it, including the stats for the Giant Crab, the Spellbinding, some of the rituals.

I can give a quick list of the magic items
Dragon's Teeth
Dragon's Fang
Dragon Pouch
Elemental Prison
Elemental Rod
Flying Carpet
Winged Sandals

ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$25 away ...

ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's backed. Woo-hoo! My career as an rpg writer is off to a glorious start. Soon fame and fortune will be mine !

ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you didn't back it, you can buy the pdf now

BryanH
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Adventures & Archetypes Reply with quote

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/121090/Kaisers-Gate---Adventures-%26-Archetypes?filters=0_0_1600_0_0

Adventures & Archetypes is now available for the savage world of Kaiser's Gate. It was the first stretch goal for the Kick Starter. A&A is a set of 5 "one sheet" scenarios which each highlight a different facet of the game. There is one for each rank of Savage Worlds and have a pre-generated team of six PCs, so any group can see what it's like to play at Heroic or Legendary.

It's been a long haul and I appreciate everyone's patience. I hope the Kaiser's Gate fans out there enjoy these adventures. The 4th entry is a double-length re-vamp of the original Kaiser's Gate adventure Shadow of the Zeppelin.

Thanks, Mike Lafferty, for creating such a cool setting. And thanks again to Jonathan for the opportunity.
"Blood, like Roots" in Flashing Swords #12
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A review has been posted for Field Manual Vol 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: