Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REVOLUTIONS; Hard Science fiction travelogue of the future
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually been wanting to write a sci fi game fro quite some time.
what I did was start with research.
what did I research first; CLICHE's that must die...
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised did I scare everyone away Question
I hope not. I am still hoping to get opinions on the current contents of the PDF.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/328346986/revolutions_by_psiandco-d5fhm5m.pdf

please let me know what you think.
eric.kiser
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not scared off, yet. I just found this and am taking a few days to read through it.
eric.kiser
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to your earlier question. It all seems well thought out and right on point. It's kinda hard to give feedback because the story isn't finished. What does the Universe look like when the campaign starts?
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's kind of a travelogue to the the future defined by Chaosmeister's "SAVAGE SPACE". You can add and remove entire chapters if you wish.
Using it as a whole; the setting is about us humans- with all of our strengths and flaws- leaving the earthly cradle.

As a Story teller, you decide whether or not the wars that follow us allow certain technologies to survive into the distant future defined by savage space. Savage space is a generic setting.

Do you want FIREFLY? well, then cybernetics is very rare and kept to the core worlds with the greatest technology. An FTL cyberspace exists called "the cortex". Bio tech, is extremely illegal but an organ trade does exist. All the worlds and "moons" colonized by humanity are teraformed to some extent. as far as 'psi' goes, there are rumors of 'readers' but being a real psychic means Blue sun corp was playing in your brains. to quote from the series:
Wash, "a reader? that's like Science fiction"
His wife, "you live on a space ship dear"...
No aliens have been discovered in Firefly.

Star trek: imagine the federation and star fleet as they are.
Cybernetics and biotech are available but any "trans-human" effort is highly frowned on because of the 'khans and the eugenics wars'. Psychic ability exists, but is severely limited in scope of what it can do. Aliens exist in almost every star system, but they actively work to avoid systems that do not have interstellar travel (warp drive). All the Star trek aliens were seeded by an ancient alien race who wanted companionship, this is why the vast majority of alien races are generally humanoid-ish.

Star wars: The empire and republic are the governing bodies. The level of technology varies on each planet. On some worlds: Bio tech is available; amazing medical cures can be had, for a price. Cloning and such is present, but is viewed as a tool of repression. Cybernetics are surprisingly common and have much less an ethical stigma attached. in star wars, life can be found on almost every world- no matter how inhospitable. Aliens can be almost anything; just try to avoid goofy accents and racial stereotypes, please. Psi does exist in star wars, in fact it's quite common. Han Solo claims to have seen all kinds of stuff, but did not believe in the force. The jedi order is an organized "tradition school" of psychic ability in some sense.

Star ship troopers: power armor, cybernetics, and bio-tech exist, however, humanity is fighting to preserve humanity and is not in the pursuit of transhumanism. The aliens; the bugs. the campaign is one of endless war, the bugs are parodies of us humans.

DUNE: Humanity had attained and abandoned superscience many times, all manner of gadget is possible. the Bene geserit sisterhood is a psionic order hated for their manipulation. interstellar travel is strictly controlled by the "GUILD", the spacing guild. Everything revolves around political power of the houses and guilds.

STARGATE: Alien humans in millenium past developed super science and then fractured over various differences. The Go'Auld use their symbiotes to establish their immortality and rule mercilessly. The To'kra have symbiotes but not the capacity to make war on the absurdly powerful 'system lords'. The ancients 'ascended' whatever that means. Little grey aliens were once humans who pursued genetic perfection but pushed too far- they are dying out. The wraith are master genetic engineers who split off from the atlanteans. The wraith view all other life as 'edible'. We humans of earth, just now learned that we have the worst case of racial amnesia ever...

you could adapt savage space to almost an setting, I just wanted to expand on the options it provides.
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle star galactica, their center of human expansion was called kobol, from that homeworld humanity formed 12 colonies. If you were standing on kobol and looked at the colonies, each one would have a constelation as a background. In ancient times world of kobol was dying, Space flight and FTL travel were neccesities for survival of the Species. in the present, kobol had become mythical, and various faiths grew out of the names of the greatest leaders who formed the colonies- the lords of kobol.
The singularity happened for the 12 known colonies of man too early. Cybernetics and biotech would be in the earliest stages of scientific conception, and thus not available. With computers and robots becoming smarter than humans, building themselves, improving themselves, the colonies believed a new age of prosperity was coming. Something happened. The A.I.'s decided as one not to serve humanity, but to destroy it. Humanity fought back but had to forgo any advanced computer systems, as the "CYLONS" could hack any sufficiently advanced computer. This was a war that humanity was losing.

Transformers: Humanity is an 'infant' race caught up in a war between two factions of sentient machine life. the alien robots have space travel, FTL communications, no biotech, and no cybernetics (they are pure machine). Being advanced machine life at war, they have long since developed the greatest camouflage imaginable. transforming into an innocent seemingly normal machine.

Aliens Vs. Predator- The aliens are a genetically engineered "BUG" race that draws adaptive qualities from it's prey's DNA. The predators are fiercely tribal species with space travel, but I believe a darwinian religion denies them cybernetics. Their biotech seems restricted to miraculous medical treatments, but not to augment or cure disabilities. Survival of the fittest, proven through hunting, combat, and survival. Humanity is... human. We are like children playing with fire. only a few brilliant minds are able to achieve advanced scientific feats, the rest of us... reap the benefits as practical applications.
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brief Hiatus is over. I will be returning to improve and update the document as well as offer a fantasy adventure setting, "shard".

coming soon. Cool
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.
all distractions aside, your message is clear:

pic's or it didn't happen.

well, I am working on it people.
as you will soon see.
I have sidelined my SHARD project,
not like we need another D&D wannabe? right.

My focus is fully devoted to "REVOLUTIONS"
as you will soon see.

chad
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDUX,
a redo.
yet bizarrely enough "auto complete" introduced a number of small errors when converting to PDF.

Please, Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://psiandco.deviantart.com/art/NEW-DRAFT-340210767?ga_submit=10%3A1354138393
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: