Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DLN] To whet your appetite...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands Noir
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: [DLN] To whet your appetite... Reply with quote

While it has actually been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, I only just discovered it this weekend!

I'm talking about:

It's not official... It's not canon... It isn't even completely compatible with Deadlands Noir, however it is set in the 30s, it features characters that use magic, zombies, Tommy Guns, Weird Science, and a few other similar tropes...

If you're looking for something to tide you over and at least give you a similar flavor, give Hard Magic ("Book 1 of the Grimnoir Chronicles") by Larry Correia a try!

Last edited by Ogma on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
thudthwacker
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the suggestion -- my library had a copy, so I snagged it last week and just finished reading it yesterday.

I liked it a lot, though the setting felt a lot more like psionics to me than magic (except for some of the rune/kanji/salt-circle stuff, which didn't make a lot of sense to me in the context of how the Power works). That said, the Grimnoir would would make an *awesome* homebrew setting. It makes me wish I knew enough to do an amateur supplement book on dirigibles (design/armor/weaponry/combat/travel).

The Power (which I won't talk about too much more -- spoilers and that) reminded me of the Warlockry power in Lawrence Watt-Evans' "Ethshar" series -- and I do love Ethshar Warlocks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands Noir All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: