Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New HoER Products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McCurmudgeon
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: New HoER Products Reply with quote

Is there any news about HoER products being worked on?
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been some talk of a Hell on Earth companion book--which may include rules for cyborgs and witches--though no release date is even estimated. If I had to guess, I'd probably say that there's a draft out, perhaps in layout, but that's all conjecture.

Oh, and the giant HoER miniatures Kickstarter...that's kind of a big thing.
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All available information on the Hell on Earth Companion and all other upcoming Pinnacle products has been painstakingly compiled (and sourced!) in the fan-created Big List of Upcoming Pinnacle Products.

For the Hell on Earth Companion, all we know about it at this point is: "A Companion is already planned to have the Plot Point Campaign plus more info on characters like Witches and Cyborgs." (Clint).

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
majcrew35
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on when the HoE:R hardbacks are being shipped? It's November 2012 now Very Happy
Radical Ans
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Sons hardbacks were slated for Sept 2012 and didn't ship till October so late Nov or early Dec are not out of the realm of posibility
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got a bit of a question. This companion is confirmed to have rules for cyborgs and witches. We going to see any of the other missing arcane backgrounds? There's still the magical branch of Librarians (casting spells thru scrolls and stuff), Martial Arts (yea yea I know Deadlands Reloaded has this stuff, but kung fu works a bit different in HoE:R, and besides martial arts got a big upgrade anyhow in Waste Warriors), and Anti-Templars (to show how even without access to the Saints Edges they're as tough if not tougher than normal Templars)? Also, rules on using old DL:R arcane backgrounds that still exist (Blessed/Voodoists, Hucksters, and Shaman)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
McCurmudgeon
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know about Librarians or Martial Artists, but Anti-Templars are probably not going to be included because they specifically said that Anti-Templars are almost all evil now after The Brain gained control of the order
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
Also, rules on using old DL:R arcane backgrounds that still exist (Blessed/Voodoists, Hucksters, and Shaman)?

Pure speculation, but if this companion follows the same format as the Wasted West book from Classic (basically, the Hell on Earth Companion), then I think we can expect rules for using them, plus a Veteran o' the Weird West table. Besides, the entry for the Space Needle in Hell on Earth Reloaded says that you can use an ol' fashioned Blessed to exorcise the ghost. Wouldn't be very fitting to leave that in there if they didn't plan on letting you play one!

MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCurmudgeon wrote:
Well I don't know about Librarians or Martial Artists, but Anti-Templars are probably not going to be included because they specifically said that Anti-Templars are almost all evil now after The Brain gained control of the order

True... But we do need rules on how to make one as an npc though... Gotta give my Templar someone to fight!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
Martial Arts (yea yea I know Deadlands Reloaded has this stuff, but kung fu works a bit different in HoE:R, and besides martial arts got a big upgrade anyhow in Waste Warriors),

The Waste Warriors upgrade was in line with the then-current Weird West rules for martial artists. And for an arcane background, they were still weak, though there was some great stuff for non-enlightened fighters.
Honestly, I find that the Kung Fu edge is a much faster, smoother, and more PC-friendly system to get high-powered martial arts. It can't (quite) take your character to the supernatural levels (flight, quickness, etc.), but it covers all the non-powered stuff that is scattered throughout DL:R and does it in fewer edges.
I'm certainly not opposed to supernatural kung fu in the wastes, but I don't think it's actually needed.

I do miss magical librarians, though. I really liked some of their powers (especially Happily Ever After ... which is mostly the Common Bond edge).
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
I do miss magical librarians, though. I really liked some of their powers (especially Happily Ever After ... which is mostly the Common Bond edge).

Heh, thanks. Cool

www.peginc.com
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
McCurmudgeon wrote:
Anti-Templars are probably not going to be included because they specifically said that Anti-Templars are almost all evil now after The Brain gained control of the order

True... But we do need rules on how to make one as an npc though... Gotta give my Templar someone to fight!

Give the anti-templar the Champion edge - for when he's fighting supernaturally Good guys (like Templars). Twisted Evil +2 damage and toughness is a Big Deal.
The rest of it works pretty much like the Templars, or maybe the Harrowed. Should be pretty easy to make a close-combat monster with a few powers and a lot of evil.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
We going to see any of the other missing arcane backgrounds? There's still the magical branch of Librarians (casting spells thru scrolls and stuff), Martial Arts (yea yea I know Deadlands Reloaded has this stuff, but kung fu works a bit different in HoE:R, and besides martial arts got a big upgrade anyhow in Waste Warriors), and Anti-Templars (to show how even without access to the Saints Edges they're as tough if not tougher than normal Templars)? Also, rules on using old DL:R arcane backgrounds that still exist (Blessed/Voodoists, Hucksters, and Shaman)?

Martial arts nor the original AB's are not needed. There is literally nothing that will change.

Cyborgs would be cools. Witches and Librarians (as magic) are really meh. If they get revisited, that'd be cool, but to convert what was there would be uninteresting.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterinAB wrote:
Witches and Librarians (as magic) are really meh. If they get revisited, that'd be cool, but to convert what was there would be uninteresting.

Witches in Classic HOE were really boring and unfun. A huge investment to be only slightly more useful than a regular sawbones.
I'm really curious to see how they made them fun in HOE:R.
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterinAB wrote:
Martial arts nor the original AB's are not needed. There is literally nothing that will change.

I think the benefit of adding Martial Arts rules would be that you would be able to play them if you own the Hell on Earth Reloaded books, but don't own the Deadlands Reloaded books. Plus getting a history update would be helpful.

Hell on Earth Classic did have specific guidelines on how to use the old Deadlands ABs if you had the books (I summarized what I remember here). However, they all gained some drawbacks (or were outright forbidden) to explain why they were no longer in common use in the Wasted West.

MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the original backgrounds either changed significantly (hucksters having severe issues making deals with the devil), slightly (shamans having fewer nature spirits to call upon), or not at all (blessed and martial artists). Also a reprint of Martial Artists would definately be in line for their chi powers (and changes to requirements as Martial Artist and Kung Fu are different in this setting), and maybe some advanced kung fu maneuvers. They did add an entire chapter in Waste Warriors for Kung Fu after all, rather than telling people to refer to Deadlands. I feel its definately warranted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: