Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My take on pepper spray. comments?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
Pepper Spray
Range: 1/2/4
Effect: Target must make a Vigor roll at -2 (-4 with a raise). On a failure, they are Shaken for 1d4 rounds before they can recover and suffer a level of Fatigue. On a result of 1 or less, they suffer two levels of Fatigue.

Fatigue from pepper spray can Incapacitate but not cause Death. Each level of Fatigue is recovered every 10 minutes, or every minute if the target has lots of water to wash off the spray and flush their eyes.

When attacking with pepper spray, a 1 on the Shooting die results in the user being affected as well (though the Wild Die can still succeed). On a critical failure, the user must roll at -4 as if hit with a raise.

By far, this is the best suggestion in this thread. Clint, have you ever been through a pepper spray certification course? Wink

Delivery system dictates likelihood of affecting yourself.
If using a fogger or aerosol delivery then you can affect yourself. The stream delivery is as dangerous to the user as a squirt gun - unless the can breaks or you point it at your own face, you will not hit yourself. OC foam, used for area denial, won't hit the user. Then there are the OC munitions (essentially paintball ammo), which are no more likely to hit the user than a bullet from a handgun.
TTM
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it bears the question, are we discussing civilian Pepper Spray that you can keep on a key chain, or police and military issue Freeze +P which is another beast altogether? Freeze +P is pretty vicious, and sprays in an impressive stream, whereas I've seen my buddy use civilian Pepper Spray on his cheese sandwiches.
Crumbs
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want pepper srpay to mimic real world effects then you need to have a clause where if it doesn't bother the person on the first spray it doesn't bother them on subsequent sprays.

I've seen people be sprayed multiple times directly in the eyes and mouth and not be bothered at all. Me I get sprayed once above the eyes and I was done for around two hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: