Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[TAG] Hellfrost: Land of Fire Kickstarter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be releasing a 9-page Land of Fire sampler later tonight, but for now, here's a very brief extract to whet your appetites.

The Emir’s Camel
A favorite story among the citizens of Salih, City of Fire, is The Tale of the Emir’s Camel. In this tale, Emir Abbas went out into the desert on his favorite camel. On the way back to the city the camel sprained its leg and could not walk. Withou...t pausing, Abbas lifted the camel onto his shoulders and walked back to his palace. By the time he reached the gates, he was exhausted, badly sunburned, and dehydrated.

When his advisors saw this they said to him, “Lord, why do you carry this camel?” Abbas smiled and replied, “I am the emir. I carry the weight of the entire city on my shoulders each day. The weight of one camel is refreshingly light.”

Then the courtiers said, “Lord, you should have killed the camel to save yourself the burden,” to which Abbas replied, “A man who kills a friend who has failed him once soon has no friends.”

Then the courtiers said, “Lord, you are wealthy beyond measure and could have bought a thousand new camels.” Abbas turned and replied, “Save one creature’s life and he is your friend for eternity. Buy a creature’s life and he will only feign friendship.”

At this the courtiers finally fell silent.
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!!
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we've had a really good start to our Kickstarter campaign and we have just exceeded the 40% funded mark! We thank all those backers so far but we still have some way to go. In this weeks update we take a closer look at Land of Fire and Wiggy has put together a 14 page sampler which gives a little bit more detail about this amazing new setting book!

http://www.tripleacegames.com/Downloads/HellFrost/Hellfrost_Land_of_Fire_SAMPLER.pdf
robsterdobster
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ended up as a 14 page preview!

Production Director
Triple Ace Games

www.tripleacegames.com

RevTurkey
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great preview Very Happy

I love the picture of the tomb robbers...cool.
GreenTongue
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any "Actual Play" summaries that you can share/link. Something to whet the appetite for play in the setting?
=
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like a transcript of a gaming session, you mean?
GreenTongue
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
Something like a transcript of a gaming session, you mean?

Yes, something to show people/me what makes the setting compelling.

Like they say, "Don't tell me how great it is, show me."
=
RevTurkey
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey GreenTongue Very Happy

Have you checked out the free sampler?

Also loads of freebies on the Triple Ace Games website for Hellfrost to download..

I think Hellfrost is THE best Savage Worlds setting. It has a wealth of resources for the original 'northern' continent. Lots of great adventure modules too, covering all the ranks. If the support offered the game so far is anything to go by then the 'Land of Fire' expansion/setting will be fantastic.

Of course I am biased as I am already backing this Kickstarter but I hope it does well because the stuff produced by TAG is top notch and some of the very best in the industry (past & present).

Very Happy
BigWeather
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of Hellfrost, is there a plot point campaign for it? Very tempted to pull the trigger on the setting as a prelude to Land of Fire (I LOVE Arabian / desert settings) -- what makes it special? How does it feel in terms of say Greyhawk, Golarion (Pathfinder's setting), and say Harn?
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no Plot Point for Hellfrost. There are 19 published adventures, and tons of adventure seeds in the various books and supplements.

As for the other questions, I've cut and pasted a few comments from our forums. These are folks who have paid money, so they're in the best position to speak honestly.

"I'd always thought of myself as burnt out regarding fantasy settings, but a friend showed me the player guide and gazetter.............now I'm completely hooked. I've completely fallen for the detail, grittiness and scope of the setting, and I love the fact that there is so much variety in what you can do with it."

"We have all been so "hot" for this setting since we started playing and will no doubt play for years to come. Yes, absolute well done to your hard work. You really should have more people across the world role playing with SWD rules and Hellfrost setting. It is so easy, yet so complex."

"Hellfrost is one of 'the' great fantasy rpg settings right up there with the likes of Greyhawk, Middle Earth and say Glorantha. It' really good."

"Seriously, it's right up there with the Eberron Campaign Setting for D&D v3.5. In fact, I have it sitting right next to my Eberron collection (with my Greyhawk books on the other side)."

"If it helps, my favorite DnD 3.5 setting hands down was Midnight by Fantasy Flight Games. To say Hellfrost conjures many of the same feelings I had upon discovering Midnight is the highest praise I can personally give a setting and its related rules."

This link is to a much longer post, but goes into detail about why the poster likes the setting
GreenTongue
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RevTurkey wrote:
Hey GreenTongue Very Happy

Have you checked out the free sampler?

Of course I am biased as I am already backing this Kickstarter but I hope it does well because the stuff produced by TAG is top notch and some of the very best in the industry (past & present).

Very Happy

I also am backing the Kickstarter that is not the point.
I have found that "Decision Paralysis" stops a lot of people and I think that was one of the selling points of the Plot Points. The Plot Points get people started and from there they are fine.
I was thinking that if some examples of Actual Play were available, this same "I can do that" feeling would help.
=
BigWeather
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
Lots of great quotes and a link to more information...

Thanks a ton for that, I'm sold. I really like that it isn't taking a kitchen sink approach and is a bit grittier / low magic than many of the traditional FRPG settings.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land of Fire Bookmarks!

So we've made it to 50% plus funded - but we have a long way to go to meet our goal. Please pledge and make this project happen.

We've now got the design for the bookmark - actually not just one! We've decided to create FIVE individual designed bookmarks featuring artwork from the game. Any pledge level with a bookmark will receive ONE design of your choice. We are also adding a BONUS BOOKMARK add-on. If you add an additional £8 to your pledge we will send you all FIVE bookmarks! Land of Fire BookmarksLand of Fire Bookmarks

Kickstarter project page

DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the great work guys. This looks like an amazing project.
burningcrow
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, fans. There's still some pledges missing to make this come true. Please get involved!
jscifert
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pledge for multiples Smile Christmas is coming up and a nice "IOU" for this in someones stocking would be ideal!!

Also, don't forget to get the bookmarks, the additional first 19 Region Guides at a 25% discount!!, the dice, etc.!! Lots of cool stuff here, folks, from one of the best writers out there!!

Please pledge!!
Maine
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wish I could, but dropping $70+ right before Christmas for something that I won't see until mid next year is just a no-go for me Sad

If you don't make the goal, I suggest trying again late Jan/early Feb. I would not be surprised if plenty of other people are in the same position I am.
werecorpse
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pledged £82 and ticked : I know the north well £38 + shipping £6. ( £44) because I also want the region guides £30 & the 5 bookmarks £8 . There wasn't anywhere to nominate these add ons but I read somewhere that once the kick starter closes we get emailed about what add ons we want.

Have I done right?

Btw - this and a couple of other kick starters will be my Christmas present this year from various family members.

I am going to a game night tonight so will encourage participation.

Fingers crossed
Maine
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werecorpse wrote:
I pledged £82 and ticked : I know the north well £38 + shipping £6. ( £44) because I also want the region guides £30 & the 5 bookmarks £8 . There wasn't anywhere to nominate these add ons but I read somewhere that once the kick starter closes we get emailed about what add ons we want.

Have I done right?

Kickstarter doesn't have a way to add extras during pledging, so those are usually handled as part of the Survey after the Kickstarter ends.

I believe shipping increases to £10 when you get non-digital extras like the bookmarks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: