Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Love pdfs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marshal Bob
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Love pdfs! Reply with quote

Hey I just want to say initially I was opposed to the idea of pdfs but now I am all for it I bought my first one the LCC the other week. Iwas oppsed mainly in the idea that I had bought so many books already and having to go from computer to hardback to get all the rules you need is a pain in the butt. So I was hoping that eventual you would release ALL of the deadlands books in pdf..is this a possability.
Marshal Bob
VA
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Love pdfs! Reply with quote

Marshal Bob wrote:
Hey I just want to say initially I was opposed to the idea of pdfs but now I am all for it I bought my first one the LCC the other week. Iwas oppsed mainly in the idea that I had bought so many books already and having to go from computer to hardback to get all the rules you need is a pain in the butt. So I was hoping that eventual you would release ALL of the deadlands books in pdf..is this a possability.
Marshal Bob
VA

I love PDFs too, in fact, I rarely buy hardcopy products if a PDF is available. I have access to a high speed laser printer and a binding machine so I save a significant amount of $$$ Wink

I'd buy a product as hardcopy only if a PDF wasn't available.
Count Zero
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you don't have access to free printing pdf's are usually cheaper than hard cover. Not to mention you can print out only the pages you really want. I like to make players guides for my group to get them into an upcoming game.
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count Zero wrote:
Even if you don't have access to free printing pdf's are usually cheaper than hard cover. Not to mention you can print out only the pages you really want. I like to make players guides for my group to get them into an upcoming game.

As long as you don't print them in color Wink
Erifnogard
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory I like pdf publications as it gives me a chance to check something out without paying as much. In practice I dislike them because the ones I like I would rather have a bound hardcopy of. Yes I could go to Kinko's for that, but I never seem to do so. So I guess the best of both worlds is to have both options available.
dr evil
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only real complaints with PDF are having to buy on line only (I like the experience of walking into a gamestore, not to mention, PDF kinda cut's into thier buisness!) and of course printing, I printed out the Deadlands PDF, at my local technigraphics, and it cost me $25, and they messed it up by printing fronts only, (which cost a bit more) and since they almost lost a computer printing that high volume and detail I figured it wasn't worth getting into an arguement about, so I payed them. (it still had all the pages just that they were all on the right hand side of the bound book!) I later front back printed it at my local college (having a massive print credit to burn) however I almost caused a riot with all the last minute paper writters backing up behind me! Rolling Eyes anyway it's nice to get them on a PC (or mac in my case Cool ) but there is something about holding a hardcover in ones hand, but perhaps it's just me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: