Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revised Deadlands Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Revised Deadlands Question Reply with quote

Hi Shane,

Could you please help me out with something? We are playing revised Deadlands, and the players guide does not say anything about whether a new Blessed character may choose to take Gifts upon creation the same way they choose Miracles. It looks like you can only buy Gifts later for the 5 bounty, instead of choose them with the up to 5 faith points you "buy" when creating the character. It does talk about it in Fire & Brimstone, but our GM is sticking to the revised rules.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sean Smith

(PS, I stayed at your house a few years back while attending a convention in Oregon. I'm sure you don't remember me, but "hi" all the same.)
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that in character creation, as well as the Protection miracle, you get to select a number of miracles and/or gifts equal to your Faith. It's a one-for-one deal.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what it says in Fire & Brimstone, but in the revised players guide, which is what our GM is using, it only talks about choosing miracles. Since this is the newer book, our GM thinks that this is how the new rules work. You can only select the Miracles listed in the Revised book when you create a character.
Voyd
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell your Marshal to put down the joint and think about it logically. The Players' Guide, for ereasons of simple logic would only deal with the material directly in the book (The PG). The older stuff is still valid, and not being able to choose from that sizable pool of material sort of makes it fragging pointless to drop $20 on a copy of F&B or any other Arcane book, wouldn't you agree? Tell him to repeat "All older material is still compatible with the new rules" until he gets it through his head. This assumes the reason he won't let you pick new stuff is because he's an excessively literal-minded idjit.

If he's restricting you for power-balance reasons, ignore the vitriolic paragraph above.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is based on what she perceives the rules to have been changed to. Since the gifts are not even mentioned in the pg, she doesn't want to give us access to them in character creation. It was likened to what they did with hucksters, only having a limited number of hexes that are listed in the pg. I'm not sure how they changed it for hucksters, but that is her logic.
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can choose gifts AND miracles--assuming you have F&B which has the gifts in it.

Shane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: