Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deadlands Computer Game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Deadlands Computer Game? Reply with quote

Is this still on? if not maybe another company would be interested in picking the idea up?
Count Zero
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headfirst games is doing Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth currently. They have Battle of the Planets, Iron Kingdoms (yes, from Privateer Press - WOOHOO!), CoC - At The Mountains of Madness, and Deadlands listed in the pipe. I think I read somewhere that it will be coming out after the first CoC game. Take a gander here:
http://www.gamespot.com/company/headfirstproductions.html

You can get all the screenshots and news from that page. The scenery for Deadlands looks terrific but the character models look like butt at this point. I'm sure that'll change cause the CoC models look killer. Can't wait till February. Wink
Balance
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the CoC game get a publisher? Last I heard, the Dl game was on hold because the CoC game (considered a more marketable license, as the property crosses so many lines into (bad) movies, games, merchandising, and of course, fiction.

I;m sure the licensing agreement for DL has some sort of time clause. If it's like I hear the agreements for movie licenses often are, taking it easy may be for the best. A hasty, poorly done game released with no support to fulfill a contractual obligation would do no good to anyone involved, so letting them run with it may be for the best.

There's a Delta Green game in 'development hell' like this as well, i believe.
Turtle
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoC has had a publisher for a while now, hence the silence as they are on crunch time to get the game out the door. There was some new material to show at the last few game expos, but not much else.

Headfirst is a relatively small company, so they can't have two games in production at once. I figure they were experimenting with both Deadlands and CoC before a publisher picked up CoC. That's when they went full bore on CoC, but since they already have the Deadlands license, I doubt they'll let it go to waste.

[size=9]
http://vertrucio.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: