Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a quick compliment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlasherEpoch
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Just a quick compliment Reply with quote

Heya Shane. Just wanted to say thanks for a coupla things.

1. Coming to Archon next year. Awesome.

2. I know of no other company where the head honcho personally responds to questions. I like that kind of accessibility.

So, thanks again, and keep the games coming.

Evil Wig Enterprises Minion #15 - "The
Machete"
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're most welcome. There are other companies where the "head honcho" responds--but I'll gladly take your compliment. Wink

Shane
The One
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's great that Shane takes an interest in what his fans say. An observation of mine is that all the really good designers take an active interest in their fans (people like Shane, Monte Cook and Sean Renyolds) while the often faceless corporations produce work that is not as widely acclaimed.

Maybe it's because truely great game designers love their work....
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fairness, a lot of the folks at the larger companies just *can't* directly correspond with their fans, whether due to company policy or the size of their audience.

I'm lucky though because the folks who buy my products tend to be like-minded souls, and 99% are great guys and gals I'd game with in a heartbeat and really enjoy getting to know. I've worked for other companies before PEG and can *definitely* say this is not the case for everyone. There's a really nasty set of customers for a certain very popular game that take great pleasure in browbeating designers over the *tiniest* and most insignificant modifiers (not even rules--just whether something should be a +1 or a +2). Trust me, I've seen it. Wink I watched a very good friend of mine get berated for well over an hour at GenCon by one of these folks. (And yes, I laughed at him every time I walked by. Heh heh heh)

So really, I *hope* I'm worthy of your compliments, but it really is the nature of you guys and gals that nurtures it. That's why I *hate* to see flame wars pop up. Fortunately, those are VERY rare around here.

Shane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: