Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any interest in Savage Solo Adventures?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corporate Dog
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Any interest in Savage Solo Adventures? Reply with quote

Shane,

I know that if we're really interested in writing something, we're supposed to submit a proposal... but I just wanted to test the waters a little bit before even doing that much.

Would there be ANY interest on your part in seeing a solo adventure/setting written for Savage Tales? It almost seems that from a marketing perspective, solo adventures are dead (thanks to the proliferation of computer RPGs).

And yet, something tells me that Savage Worlds would just be AWESOME for solo play... henchmen are player controlled, and a simple flowchart could handle most NPC tactics during combat. A modified Plot Point system could even make such an adventure infinitely replayable.

Let me know what you think (and everyone else... feel free to chime in if you'd purchase such a beast).

Regards,
Corporate Dog
palehorse
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do a lot of one-on-one gaming here; my wife is my #1 playtester. Smile

So I'd definitely be interested.
sagaston
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means an adventure for only one player, and no GM.

They had those back in the 80's, and I suppose they're fine if you just really don't have friends who game or hate being around other people or something. Personally, I'd have no intereste what so ever in purchasing such an adventure, but I can't speak for everyone.
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my hands on the Conan GURPS solo adventures - they'll definitely be converetd for use with SW Wink
Grym
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they can be fun, and can be a useful way for a GM to get a feel for the system before they have to deal with other players. That being said, I wouldn't pay for one. If it was included in another product, or posted for everyone, I would gladly try it out.
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a HUGE interest in publishing solo adventures. My brain doesn't work that way to do them myself, so I'd move such proposals straight to the front of the line.

Shane-o-rama
Corporate Dog
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egggggg-cellent. Twisted Evil

Regards,
Corporate Dog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: