Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[The Flood] Santa Anna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonah Hex
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: [The Flood] Santa Anna Reply with quote

Spoilers for some random savage tales

So I'm just finishing up the SA related tale and was wondering:

Has anyone resolved this in a way that doesn't result in the good general not getting killed? And is this supposed to be his end canonically? After the PCs figure out what's going on, they're likely going after him, and may even succeed, even with the opposition present.
jonnywaistcoat
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure that canonically Santa Anna's supposed to die out on that mesa. The posse is facing off against him in a situation where they possess a relic that explicitly means that they can't be defeated by Santa Anna. Not to mention the intro to the South o' the Border campaign says that the good general has "disappeared" without a trace, and references that Savage Tale as his last known location. SotB also runs on the assumption that he's out of the picture.

He certainly got the crap killed outta him when I ran the Flood, at the very least.[/i]
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnywaistcoat wrote:
He certainly got the crap killed outta him when I ran the Flood, at the very least.[/i]

Ditto when I ran it and when I played it.
Valanti
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our game he got captured by Grimme and locked up in the Rock. The party considered making a deal with him to help stop Grimme, but in the end one of the PCs executed him.
Jonah Hex
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it turns out, I gave them opportunity; they encountered the Mexicans on the trail, hid while the Mexicans rode by, then they had to option of following them.

One of the PCs shrugged his shoulders, said "wonder where they're going in such a hurry", and they promptly continued on their way to Perdition.

Guess they'll read about it in the funny papers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: