Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Price converting Medieval arms & armor to DL:R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akondo913
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Price converting Medieval arms & armor to DL:R Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone had ever converted the cost of medieval arms and armor to the Deadlands currency? I would rather not reinvent the wheel if someone has already done it and is willing to share.

Thanks for any and all help on this as I work on my fantasy western world.
Lord Skudley
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using D&D as a reference, the cost of items is rather erratic compared to the dollar cost in Deadlands.

Knife: 2gp, $2
Barrel: 2gp, $10
Bed Roll: 1sp, $4
Saddle Riding: 10gp, $25
Horse: 200gp, $150
Handaxe: 6gp, $2

A simple rule is use an educated guess, but it's easier to go with 1gp = $1
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, anything with full utility has its cost reduced by half (matching the change in starting funds, 500 in core and 250 in Deadlands). Horses, for example, are 300 in the core and 150 in Deadlands.

Gear that is less useful, has had its cost drastically reduced. The rapier, for example, is 150 in the core and 10 in Deadlands. Pig stickers just are not as useful when everyone goes healed.

Keeping those precedents in mind, you should be able to quickly convert anything that's not covered in the setting. Leather armor, for example, should probably run about $10, and a medium shield should probably be about $15. Plate armor would probably run around $1,000 for a full suit, as a matter of rarity; the "bullet proof vest" infernal device is $1,800 and only 5 lbs per armor bonus, but is obviously torso-only.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: