Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Reality Blurs] Realms of Cthulhu: Keep Out a Keen Eye...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: [Reality Blurs] Realms of Cthulhu: Keep Out a Keen Eye... Reply with quote

Reality Blurs to Publish Licensed Call of Cthulhu Products for Savage Worlds

We are excited to announce that we are the newest Chaosium licensee and look forward to introducing the Mythos into Savage Worlds! We are greatly honored to work with such an outstanding property for such a terrific game system.

When one hears the name Lovecraft, oneís mind wanders to dread things, alien things, things that are dead, and things that are not, and things that are beyond the ken of humanity. In other words, oneís mind goes to that
venerable creation of a New Englander many years past when society was dealing with the strangeness of science and the potentiality of a world without religion. Lovecraft introduced the possiblity that there were indeed gods, ancient gods, alien gods, to whom all the glories and wonders of our civilizations and the vainglorious illusion of our cerebral superiority were as nothing. In short, we were nothing. So frail were we that even a glimpse at one of these dark denizens showed us how fragile we are. The Mythos revealed the atavistic nature of our humanity and the potentiality that this world was all there was and the powers beyond ourselves, the ones we sought solace in and turned to in our hours of need were the grandest joke of all, for these very creatures viewed us as little more than playthings if they viewed us as anything at all.

I was fortunate enough to grow up in a house full of pulp; old, dog eared books were laden upon our bookshelves intermingled amongst the likes of Edgar Allen Poe, Lord Dunsany, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and the classics of Twain and his ilk. As much as I enjoyed a spectrum of fiction in my youth, I was always fascinated by the strange focus of Lovecraft and his obsession with the bizarre. To me, it seemed, Lovecraft did not so much write strange and weird tales, but reported them. His stories ring with a disturbing resonance that lasts beyond the written page.

Returning to my young adulthood, I also had the rare opportunity to grow up in a hobby shop. Not the quaint world of trains and models, but one of fanciful knights, fearsome dragons, and chests of gold. In more simple
terms, D&D. I loved the game and the books of dark fancy soon were disregarded as I bathed in the works of fantasy authors. However, when I got to the hobby store from school one day and began unloading inventory, what did I discover? My brothers had ordered a new game from a fl edgling company calling itself Chaosium, a game called Call of Cthulhu. Soon we dove back into our passion for scaring each other senseless, one well served by the game, and some of my fondest game memories were of our characters exploits and how we went mad or died in some fantastic fashion. Call of Cthulhu taught us several lessons. The first one was not to get too attached to our characters and the second one was the fine art of roleplaying. In this unforgiving and merciless world where dark gods lie sleeping, your neighbor may be a cultist, guns are lethal, magic is dangerous, and the more you learn, the less you really feel you need to know, this is the dark gift we were given.

In 2004, I received another present, the gift of an innovative game system that struck a chord within me, a system that catalyzed me to actually pursue a longtime dream, a dream of writing in the gaming industry, and for that I owe much thanks to Shane Hensley and his Savage Worlds system.

Now fortune has afforded me the opportunity to delve into the darkness of the Cthulhu mythos and do so with one of the most flexible game systems Iíve ever encountered. If you already play Savage Worlds, Iím preaching to the choir, for those are reading this because of the mention of Cthulhu, I tell you, youíre in for a real treat, because now itís time for me to put away my dreams and get down to the nightmares that dwell just below the surface. If you donít think Savage Worlds can handle horror and grit and send rash characters to the morgue or the asylum, I assure you, you are mistaken.

Already a dark team assembles to guide you into the Realms of Cthulhu!

Best Regards,

Sean Preston
The Blur is Now on G+

Last edited by razorwise on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 12 times in total
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ... when do you need playtesters? Very Happy
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

I've always considered Call of Cthulhu one of my favorite games and Savage Worlds as my favorite system. Now you go and put your chocolate in my peanut butter!

Great news Sean! Might as well sign me up for a copy right now. #1Up_to_something
Count Zero
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetness! Feel free to send another NDA my way. Very Happy
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey wait... I took a photo and posted it on my Flickr page yesterday of my Cthulhu dice, some bennies and a joker card.

I'm a prophet!! Surprised
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Our sensations of tense expectancy as we prepared to round the crest and peer out over an untrodden world can hardly be described on paper; even though we had no cause to think the regions beyond the range essentially different from those already seen and traversed. The touch of evil mystery in these barrier mountains, and in the beckoning sea of opalescent sky glimpsed betwixt their summits, was a highly subtle and attenuated matter not to be explained in literal words. Rather was it an affair of vague psychological symbolism and aesthetic associationóa thing mixed up with exotic poetry and paintings, and with archaic myths lurking in shunned and forbidden volumes. Even the windís burden held a peculiar strain of conscious malignity; and for a second it seemed that the composite sound included a bizarre musical whistling or piping over a wide range as the blast swept in and out of the omnipresent and resonant cave mouths. There was a cloudy note of reminiscent repulsion in this sound, as complex and unplaceable as any of the other dark impressions.
óH. P. Lovecraft, At the Mountains of Madness

Or to be less verbose, I await more news with great anticipation... Twisted Evil
Tavis
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much awesomeness!

CoC was one of the first RPG's I ever played - and one of my group is a Phd in Parapsychology that has been making 'play cthulhu' noises. I just hope I can find some spare cash in time for the release, whenever it may be.

SWD: 50 Fathoms (GM)
Boulder
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. I anxiously await more information.
Our Shop!!!
badash56
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, congrats Sean!

-Joe
marshal kt
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet i can't wait.. i've been talking to a gm on rpol about trying to get the rules set he's using for CoC..not d20, but 5th ed...

i was trying to hook him on sw.. this should help..
Savage Jason
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"For a few brief moments, Clarence, I knew what it meant to be completely irrelevant." - Clayton Foster III, World War One Veteran, my character in a recent Call of Cthulhu game, relating the story of seeing a monster in the trenches.

I'm very excited for this!

Mike Shipley, 1984 to 2008, creator of Angel City

"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb." - G Rodriguez
m25
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Very much looking forward to this.
Sam_Rose
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in... I'm super excited!!!!!
Quark35
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, officially excited here! Just purchased the newish 'Trail of Cthulhu' rules but am dead keen to see how you make it all work using our beloved FFF rules!
kmelion
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this should rock!! I've enjoyed Lovecraft since my high school days and CoC was the first rpg I GMed. Looking forward to it. Congratulations Sean!
Piotr Korys
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! If you need help, Sean - you can count me in. I`m a big fan of Cthulhu - and a big fan of Savage Worlds.
Renny
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news

renny

Currently 99% Savage and proud !
Bretbo
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Sean and company, I know you'll do it proud!
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Sean, congratulations!
starwars1138
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

way to go Sean!
"Because I'm pretty?"
"Because you're pretty."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: