Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[NE] Actual Play Plot Point Campaign - Player's Perspective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XcomSquaddie
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gospog wrote:
Next game this Saturday! #gunbattle

Looking forward to it.

Oh, and a suggestion:
Gospog wrote:
“I've got about six months. Cancer.”

When's the Good Reverend Burdo coming back into town...
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

A fascinating idea. But the GM let me take the Terminal Illness hindrance and it won't be much of a hindrance if the Reverend heals me.

Anyway, the Player still lives in Los Angeles. Sad

Still...game on! w00t!
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gospog wrote:
Quote:

A fascinating idea. But the GM let me take the Terminal Illness hindrance and it won't be much of a hindrance if the Reverend heals me.

Anyway, the Player still lives in Los Angeles. Sad

Still...game on! w00t!

You took the Terminal Illness hindrance during gameplay? That'd be interesting... Mechanically speaking though, you could burn an advance to buy it off (assuming there were someone to cure Dr. Om- Alpha's Big "C"). I could also see having him undergo treatments to put the cancer in remission and suffer through constant Fatigue levels, but not die from the Hindrance. Food for thought.
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy awesome game of Necessary Evil tonight!

Pulled the Red Joker for my Terminal Illness Hindrance.

Dr. Omega is dead.

More in the recap, to follow as soon as I can.
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gospog wrote:
Dr. Omega is dead.

D'OH!!!
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that need a golden-age cover "The Death of Dr.Omega". The stricken villain, prone, reaching up with one clawed gauntlet as a Shocklord gloats down: frame of weeping Alpha team members.

Ermmm, Storn.... you busy?
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who's going to relay the details to Dr. Mortin?
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So who's going to relay the details to Dr. Mortin?

Why, Dr. Omega, of course! Twisted Evil

All will be explained in the recap. Actually, most of it will.

There are still a few surprises for next game, which the GM assures us will be a looong one.

Anyway, stay tuned. Cool
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Date: May 21st
Therapist: Dr. Leonard Mortin
Subject: Omega
Session 239

DR.MORTIN: You wanted to see me, Dr. Alpha?

OMEGA: Sup?

DR.MORTIN: What? Um...nothing? You asked to see me? For a session?

OMEGA: Yes, I did! Indeed. I want you to know, to rest assured, that everything is completely normal right now.

DR.MORTIN: You're not fooling anyone. You're the Coyote.

OMEGA: What? No, I'm not!

DR.MORTIN: When someone spends seventeen hours torturing you, you get to know them pretty well. Their mannerisms, their speech patterns... Where's Omega?

COYOTE: Um, he's not around...exactly. But he'll be back very soon. In the meantime, everything has to appear totally normal, like there's nothing wrong. And the Doctor always meets with you on this day.

DR.MORTIN: The Doctor also talks to me during these sessions, tells me what has happened recently, what he thinks about it...

COYOTE: Seriously? Ok, cool. Well, actually I was out of the mansion for most of it, spying on Mayor Perez. I can tell you what I've pieced together...

Dr. Alpha heaved again, blood all but gushing from his mouth. The toilet was beyond covered and his armor didn't look much better. His last three blackouts had gotten progressively longer. He couldn't hide his condition much longer, even from those idiots.

He put his helmet back on and called up medical diagnostics on his Heads Up Display (HUD). A chill ran down his spine. It was worse than he thought. The cancer had progressed far past the treatable stage.

Despite the chemicals, the radiation...he'd even had the Atlantean Blood Priest perform a few rituals over him. Nothing. Worse than nothing. According to his Omega-scan, he had maybe 24 hours to live.

The Alpha Meeting was in full swing. UPS bobbed in front of the conference table, his metal hand floating in space in front of him like some kind of creepy satellite. “Order! I call this meeting of Alpha Force back to order and insist we get back on topic: how to kill Miss Sheila Glass!”

Angela and Vertebreaker looked up at him briefly, then went back to their game of Battleship. In the corner, Stretchy snoozed in his bucket.

Suddenly, the double doors at the head of the table swung open and Dr. Alpha strolled in, whistling. UPS bobbed in annoyance. “Boss! You're late to your own Alpha Meeting! Where have you been?”

“And where's your armor?”, added Vertebreaker.

“Shut up, UPS, Vertebreaker. I know you have cameras planted at Hard Core's apartment. You know damn well where I've been all morning...and night. I'm here now and the real meeting can begin.”

A pained look stole over Vertebreaker's face, “She hit you.”

Dr. Alpha smiled and put his hands behind his head, his feet up on the meeting table. “First order of business-”

His cell phone rang. He held up a hand to ward off stupid questions and had a brief, hushed conversation. “Before I go, Crab Imperial...is there anything I can do for you? Anything at all? No? Think about it. Well, get back to me soon. Very soon. Yep, thanks again. Bye.”

“Crab Imperial is sending over the last of the pieces his Rangoons retrieved from the Man O'War we sent into the Atlantic. The new parts being delivered include a certain...black box. V'sori entry codes.”

“We're going into space, da?” UPS bobbed in anticipation.

“Yes. Although recent intel I have received has provided us with a change in targets. The V'sori man a satellite up in high orbit that controls every drone on Earth. The satellite is huge, but a fraction of the size of a full Man O'War. It will be crewed with far fewer V'sori as a result. In short, it will be easier to take and provide a real dividend: control of the drones. Suit up...we leave in two hours.”

Vertebreaker stood up on all four legs. “Dad, you don't look so good, brother.”

“I've never felt better.”

UPS zipped over, “No, he's right. I'm calling Mitch Powers.”

“You're doing no such thing, he can't help me. Besides, I'm busy. I need to go get this energy spectrum converter I just built bolted on.”

UPS turned a shade of light purple. “Bolted onto what? What kind of energy does it convert?”

“Bolted onto the chest of that cosmic robot we recovered. It takes in any sort of energy and converts it...after boosting the signal...into cosmic energy. Just imagine what that means if the energy going in is (more or less) sentient.”

“Hey, like me!”

“I'll be in my lab.”

The motor pool was fortunately large enough to house the stolen M'buna they would be taking into orbit. Fully armored once again, Dr. Alpha was stopped on his way to boarding the craft by a group including not only his minions, but also Mitch Powers and Mr. Clean. UPS bobbed in front of them. “Boss, you are really sick. Talk to Mitch, he can help you.”

“I told you: I feel great. But I'll talk to Mitch if it will stop your incessant prattling. Hello, Mitch.”

Dr, Alpha leaned over and removed his helmet, allowing Mitch, the Hippocratic Oath, to lay hands upon his ashen face. A glow suffused them both. Then faded. Mitch wheeled backwards in his chair, clearly drained.

Mitch addressed UPS, “I can't help him. It's almost like he doesn't want to be helped.”

“Or...” Dr. Alpha interjected, “I'm fine and don't need help. He slammed his helmet into place just in time, vomiting a large quantity of blood into it. He triggered the magnetic couplers in the leg joints of his armor, locking his limbs and managing not to fall over.

As the group followed the tottering villain onto the spacecraft, Angela hung back and overheard an exchange between Mitch and Mr. Clean. Mitch spoke in low tones, “My offer still stands, if you change your mind.”

Angela couldn't hang around to hear Mr. Clean's answer, it would seem too suspicious. She hurried onto the M'buna.

The craft took off, UPS directing it.

Sitting in the co-pilot's chair, Dr. Alpha surreptitiously keyed an email into his wrist display, sending it to the Coyote. Angela couldn't read the text from across the M'buna, but she saw that the subject was “Contingency Omega”.

Vertebreaker tapped the crate he was squatting on with his scorpion tail, “Hey Dad, if all we need is that black box and the parts you bolted onto this ship, why are we bringing all these crates of stuff?”

Dr. Alpha pointed at each crate in turn. “That crate will come with us to the bridge of the satellite. It has a variety of parts that I may find useful if things turn ugly. Some half-finished projects, that sort of thing. That crate is full of Man O'War parts that I didn't need to use...yet. Safer to bring them. The third crate is apparently important to my undocumented minions. They insisted on bringing it. I saw no reason not to indulge them.”

The disembodied voice of UPS came over the ship comm array. “Boss, the satellite is hailing us for clearance.”

“Use the black box. Send the codes.”

Moments later, they got their response, “Boss, they say that the codes are old.”

“Patch me in live. Attention Drone Station One, this ship is carrying parts and supplies for the station. Our code is valid. Prepare a docking bay for us or prepare to explain yourselves to the officer who ordered this re-supply.”

The comm crackled with the rich baritone of a V'sori officer “And who might that be?”

“Warlord Gryphon. Perhaps you've heard of him? Now prepare for our landing, unless you plan to waste any more of my time!”

“N-no sir!”

As they glided into the docking bay, it was the simplest thing for UPS to jump out of the M'buna and into the metal walls and systems of the satellite. He wrested away control of portal integrity on the satellite. Dr. Alpha nodded. All of the outside hatches and airlocks opened at once, sucking hundreds, possibly thousands of V'sori and K'tharen outside.
The comm exploded with screaming V'sori voices. One of them belonged to the officer on the bridge of the satellite. “What the hell is going on out there?”

Dr. Alpha keyed the comm, “I was about to ask you the very same thing. Our mission is too important to risk letting my crew out of my ship until you have control over your docking facilities! How do you explain this chaos?”

“Sir, I...I...”

“Never mind! I'm coming up to the bridge. Prepare for a full inspection!”

“Yes...sir?”

UPS easily provided a full map of the installation. He then set about blinding the camera in every hall that the group moved through. Dr. Alpha left his undocumented minions in the M'buna, to guard the two crates that they did not bring with them. Vertebreaker lugged one of the crates, the one with various “unfinished projects” along with them. Dr. Alpha insisted.

They made quite an entrance striding onto the bridge, based on the faces of the two officers manning control consoles there. The large K'tharen standing across the room seemed less impressed.

“W-what?” stammered the officer they'd spo0ken to over the comm. Dr. Alpha held up a cautioning hand. “Stand down. You see before you the greatest traitor the human race has ever known...Dr. Omega!”

UPS bobbed closer, “Don't you mean Dr. Al-”

“I know what I said. Yes, my V'sori ally, who better to bring the Omega organization to its knees than me, its greatest leader?” Omega held his breath, hoping the V'sori would fall for his ruse.

“But...but you've killed hundreds of us...thousands!”

“Yes, I have. I believe in separating the wheat from the chaff. Be grateful that you have been judged to still be useful. Do I need to re-evaluate my opinion on this?”

The K'tharen snorted. The V'sori officer (his name tag said “Blu'meni”) turned to him. “D'neg? What do you think?”

Just then, another entrance to the bridge opened up. A K'tharen ran in, almost faster than the villains could follow. His every motion was an enhanced blur. The other K'tharen, D'neg, addressed him. “Go'gor, go to the m'buna docked in hangar five. Bring back these “supplies” that Dr. Omega is talking about.”

Dr. Omega made a mental note. The V'sori don't just experiment with humans. They managed to give these K'tharen super powers as well. Obviously Go'gor was super fast. And D'neg? Hopefully, the plan would go smoothly and it would not matter.

Dr. Omega looked around with complete confidence, “Great! In the meantime, I'll just start assembling the parts I brought with me up here. It's...an upgrade.”

Blu'meni leaved forward, trying to see into the crate that Vertebreaker was opening. “What will it do for us?”

“Oh...you'll see.”

Go'gor ran through corridors and rooms on the satellite. He made it to the docking bay in seconds and hammered on the door of the motionless m'buna. “Open up.”

The side hatch swung open, releasing a thick cloud of purple smoke. The K'tharen could not see inside the craft but heard giggling. And loud music. The smell of the smoke...intrigued him. Through the haze, he eventually discerned the undocumented minions, sitting around a large device of obviously human manufacture. It had a large tube, partially full of water, and a hose. The smoke was everywhere. “What are you humans doing?”

The minions motioned for the K'tharen to come inside the m'buna and by all means, to shut the hatch behind him.

Dr. Omega tried to get a sit-rep from the undocumented minions, but mostly he got a lot of snorting over his comm bead, and most of the lyrics to “Ramble On”. No matter. This charade had gone on long enough. He was having a hard time not blacking out but conversely, felt extremely clear-headed and alert. It was now or never. Ever.

Dr. Omega (why pretend now?) motioned to Vertebreaker. “Now. End this.”

Vertebreaker reared up on his massive, bony legs and charged D'neg! As he plowed into the surly K'tharen, a field of energy flared up around the K'tharen, stopping the clone son of Dr. Omega in his tracks! The K'tharen motioned at the bony brute and a spectral fist flew out the field, striking Vertebreaker but having little effect. Stalemate.

UPS, arced into a comms terminal as the war-spheres in the room blinked to life. Almost immediately, two of them shut down. That left only six. Angela accounted for one of them, then cartwheeled across the room, landing next to Blu'meni and punching him out as she landed!
Dr. Omega strode over to the other tech at his station. He had not moved yet, rooted to his station with surprise and terror. “UPS, if you please.”

Electricity arced out of a nearby outlet and electrocuted the tech. He burst into flames. No matter, they already had the tech that Angela had knocked out. Dr. Omega started typing rapidly at the V'sori system, trying to hack into the files on their K'tharen enhancement project. He was successful. While his observations had been correct so far, there was worse news and he announced it immediately. “There's a third one!”

Just then, the doors flew open again and a third large K'tharen stomped in. Flames billowed from his long, tooth-filled maw. Dr. Omega wondered how the undocumented minions were doing.

The pot was running out fast. Too fast. Not knowing how much they would need up in space, they had packed a whopping five ounces.

Stretchy grew some amazing stuff in the mansion's hydroponic gardens and he was always happy to share (or at least, seldom noticed when the undocumented minions picked their own).

Plenty for everyone, for the whole trip. But this hyper-fast K'tharen seemed to metabolize it faster than even Stretchy himself! They were down to their last bag and no word from the Master as to whether or not they were needed...wherever he was.

One of the minions produced a package of oreos. The K'tharen, Go'gor, tore it from his grasp. Time was running out.

Back on the bridge, Vertebreaker was still trading blows with D'neg, who seemed to generate force fields from pure gravatic force. Dr. Omega walked up behind D'neg and slappped a harness on him, pieced together from the parts in the crate they'd brought up. There was a “whoosh” sound, then a bang. D'neg was gone and there was a large hole in the far wall. In the distance, more banging noises issued forth. Many more.

Vetebreaker dusted off his shoulder. “What did you do to him, Dad?”

“That harness uses the signal issued by this satellite to lock onto a point in Tallahassee Florida. Activating the harness renders the wearer effectively motionless, in geosynchronous orbit with that point. But in order to generate gravity, or a reasonable facsimile of it, the station needs to spin, generating centrifugal force. Of course, the hull of the ship is providing the centripetal force and our friend is effectively not going anywhere at all, except through every bulkhead on this very round ship.”

“So...you made him go away?”

“Temporarily. The ship is round and spinning very fast, we'll be seeing him again shortly. Now, leave me be. I have important work to do.”

Vertebreaker charged the fire-breathing K'tharen (the files named him Py'ros) as Dr. Omega turned back to the terminal. Working quickly, he isolated a fraction of the station's bandwidth and rotated it 180 degrees, so that it faced out into space. He then configured it to send the following message: “The V'sori are trying to tamper with your experiment on Star Island. They want superpowers and are hacking your work to get them. Why not come and take a look?” He hit SEND and then held onto the lip of the terminal as the strength went out of his legs. Not long now.

The pot ran out. The oreos ran out. Time had run out. The k'tharen, Go'gor, was almost clear-headed and alert again.

In desperation, the minions had taken to helping look for the crate that he was sent to pick up. Conferring briefly in their native tongue, they decided it was time to enact their plan. “Hey, my friend. Aqui. Your crate is here, yes?”

They whipped a woven blanket off of one of the crates they had been sitting on. The k'tharen's shark-like face lit up. Quicker than the eye could follow, he grabbed the crate and ran off. The minions collectively breathed a sigh of relief. The minion who had spoken smiled and opened his outstretched hand. It was full of grenade pins.

In the command center, Py'ros was burning Stretchy horribly. For his part, Stretchy has unleashed his full arsenal: he wrapped himself around the fire-breathing k'tharen and squeezed...to no effect. Just then, D'neg completed his first circuit of the massive satellite station. Stretchy managed to blind Py'ros enough with his rubbery folds that the k'tharen staggered backwards...right into the path of D'neg!

All three of them disappeared with a resounding crack!

Dr.Omega looked up from the v'sori terminal. “Huh.”

Just then, the doors flew open and Go'gor ran in, quick as lightning. He got as far as a cluster of war-spheres (still active) and then the grenades he was carrying in the crate all exploded at once! In addition to blowing himself to pieces, he also destroyed the war-spheres.

There were five war-spheres remaining and UPS took them over with little effort. Feeling vindictive, he sent them to harry the mess of k'tharen and Stretchy flying around the station. A short while later, his success was confirmed as Stretchy staggered back into the room, battered and burned, but alive. The k'tharen, he reported, were not so lucky.

A plan was quickly formulated and enacted. In front of Angela, the surviving v'sori tech, Blu'meni,was kneeling. He'd explained that he belonged to a splinter v'sori cult called Shoern-ga. According to the tenets of this discipline, Angela sparing his life meant that he now served her.

He would stay, control the drones as Angela saw fit (as relayed from Earth) and keep v'sori investigators at bay for as long as he could.
UPS had also sent for his sidekick, Fanta, to come up to the station. Fanta would inhabit the systems of the satellite station, the proverbial ghost in the machine. He could make up for the hundreds of crewmen they had spaced when they arrived.

UPS seemed more worried than ever about Dr. Omega, but could not keep a close eye on him when he was required to merge with the m'buna for the trip home. Dr. Omega waited until they were just outside of the satellite station before teleporting back to the control room there.
Omega confirmed that his email to Coyote had been received. It had. He was enacting the plan. Good. Very good. But as for him, his time had come. Spots appeared in front of his eyes. Shadows lengthened wherever he looked.

He tore his helmet off with trembling hands. UPS had provided him with a very detailed map of the station (amazingly enough, the Russian supervillain had done well). Omega staggered deeper and deeper into what appeared to be a seldom-used part of the craft. No one must find the body.

Here. Yes, this would do. It appeared on the map as perhaps some sort of maintenance closet. He sagged against its far wall, taking in the tiny room and its contents. “What are those three seashells for?,” he wondered.

His legs gave out from under him. Hydraulic vents in his armor issued forth a cloud of steam, as if venting their life in sympathy with him. The cloud of vapor, instead of dissipating, hung in front of his face. No matter. What was one more illusion?

But then, a face coalesced in the mist. He knew its features immediately, from his extensive research. It was The Outsider! The face spoke, “I am coming. Prepare.”

The face started to fade away. Dr. Omega coughed up more blood, a slow trickle leaking out of his nose, “Your timing...could be better. Now I'll never even get to-”

Dr. Omega died.

At the mansion, the m'buna vented gasses of its own as it settled onto the landing pad underneath the massive house. The Omega Men argued as they departed the craft. UPS was yelling, “I told you! He went back to the satellite! He wanted to die, the coward!”

Mr. Clean walked in, followed by none other than Dr. Omega!

Vertebreaker ran forward. “Dad!”

“Sup?” Dr. Omega nodded.

Before any of the other villains could answer, the door leading back up to the mansion burst open. The villain Hydra ran into the room, a mad look in his eyes! The man who appeared to be Dr. Omega raised a hand, “You know, we have a doorbell-”

Hydra ran past Dr. Omega, past Vertebreaker and Angela, past all of the villains, and grabbed Mr. Clean by the lapels of his butler's uniform. “You son of a bitch! I remember! How dare you? I'll kill you, you son of a bitch!”

The Coyote started to feel a little out of his depth. Impersonating Dr. omega was one thing, heck it was even fun, but the real Dr. Omega usually knew what to do in situations like this.

He raised his hands. Who was this yelling guy? “Maybe you should calm down, dude.”

“Calm down? Calm down? Do you know who this is?” He shook Mr. Clean for emphasis. “This is Doctor Destruction!”

TO BE CONTINUED
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's this? Dr. Destruction has been in the midst of the Omega Men all this time? Tune in next month, same Omega time, same Omega station.
XcomSquaddie
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

Wow.
fanchergw
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Hydra is wrong, of course... Cool

Gordon
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we know that Hydra has had his memory tampered with. Possibly repeatedly.

And we know from last episode that "Dr. Destruction" wants the Crown of Atlantis, usable only by Atlantean royalty.

We also handed over Hydra's baby to agents of who we thought was "Dr. Destruction".

Yeah, next game is going to be pretty awesome.

Feel free to theorize, but if you have read the GM's section of the book, PLEASE no spoilers!

So close...so close... Wink

Thanks,

-Tom
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1eek2 .... and I have read the GM section. I think Fluffaderm should write the sequel to NE.
fanchergw
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gospog wrote:
Well, we know that Hydra has had his memory tampered with. Possibly repeatedly.

And we know from last episode that "Dr. Destruction" wants the Crown of Atlantis, usable only by Atlantean royalty.

We also handed over Hydra's baby to agents of who we thought was "Dr. Destruction".

Yeah, next game is going to be pretty awesome.

Feel free to theorize, but if you have read the GM's section of the book, PLEASE no spoilers!

So close...so close... Wink

Thanks,

-Tom

I haven't read it, but I suspect your wife has departed heavily from the book anyway. Speaking of whom, it would be awesome if your wife would come here after the game finishes and share her thoughts on the campaign with us. Any chance she'd be willing to do so?

Gordon
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any chance she'd be willing to do so?

If that is something you guys would really like to see, I will ask her.
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking for myself, and I am currently heading for my second session of NE I would very much like some PRO tips,

Yes you guys are absolutely in the spirit and main line of the story, but some very clever reweaving has taken place and it has obviously been done in order to give you the full benefit of your smart moves.

Also, the Dr Omega death scene, with the three shells.... Laughing
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next game: July 2nd. #gunbattle
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Penultimate Game - OBLIGATORY SPOILER WARNING Reply with quote

Date: July 1st
Therapist: Dr. Leonard Mortin
Subject: Omega
Session 240

DR.MORTIN: So, Dr. Alpha...how's life as a clone?

OMEGA: Oh, he told you, did he? We don't have time for this, and it's Dr. Omega.

DR.MORTIN: We don't have time for this?

OMEGA: Indeed. You have a new role. You are my new death trap.

DR.MORTIN: That...that is news. How did all this happen? Last Coyote told me, you were dead and Hydra had just stormed into your hangar bay.

OMEGA: That is as good a place as any to start, but I will relate only the basest of facts. Sheila Glass is almost here and you'll need to see your new...patient.

DR.MORTIN: Uh...ok. So, you got, um...out of your clone tank ok?

OMEGA: Obviously, fool! And I made my way to the hangar bay, as per Coyote's frantic message...

Hydra shook a clearly terrified Mr. Clean. “Where is she, you son of a bitch? Where is she?”

At that moment, Dr. Omega strode out from a side passage that led to his lab. He gestured at Coyote. “You may end the charade, Coyote. I am back from...(he spared a glance at the cooling M'buna) space! Yes, I was in space.” Dr. Omega glanced around the room. “We were all...in space. Right? Yeah. We were in space.”

The Coyote shifted back into the form of a ferret. “Right, boss.”

Hydra did not seem to notice any of this in his apoplectic rage. “I said...do you not know who this is? This is Dr. Destruction!” He shook the butler again, “I'll kill you!”

Dr. Omega raised his hands in what he hoped was a placating manner. “I think everyone needs to calm down. We have some incredibly powerful telepaths here. He keyed a switch on his armor tied into the intercom system of the mansion. Loud techno music started to pump out of it. “Dave Ross?”

The clown stripper ripped off his (perforated) pants and started to dance, focusing his psychic powers. He advanced on Mr. Clean, who did not look any more reassured by this new development. Dave Ross smiled. “Don't resist me, ok?” Mr. Clean shot a pleading look at Dr. Omega.

“This is important, Mr. Clean. Do not resist him.”

The air around the butler's head flashed and Dave Ross was hurled across the room trailing a stream of ozone-smelling smoke. Dr. Omega chuckled. “I never get sick of that.”

The Coyote stepped up and tapped Dave Ross on the shoulder. “Dude, I'm going to try and mimic your powers. Then we can both try.”

Dave Ross shrugged. “Then we can both get thrown across the room.”

“I'm ok with that if you are.”

The two villains flanked Mr. Clean and concentrated. The Coyote got a nosebleed. The blood that leaked from Dave Ross was not from his nose. Suddenly, Mr. Clean dropped to his knees and screamed. Then he went silent.

Dr. Omega walked over and stood in front of him. “Dr. Destruction, I presume?”

“H-how did you know?”

“Let's all go upstairs to the Omega Meeting Room and discuss this. Then, if anyone still has a problem, we can solve it. Probably by killing them, but not before we've all had a cup of tea. That's um...that's something I'd do, right?”

Since Mr. Clean was bound to a conference chair, Coyote volunteered to get the tea for everyone. The Huntsman surreptitiously passed the Coyote a small paper packet on his way to the kitchen while UPS bobbed menacingly in the corner.

“So, Hydra. You're saying that this guy is Dr. Destruction? Because I have this brilliant theory that Dr. Destruction is actually King Meros of Atlantis. See, he really wanted this crown that could only be used by Atlantean royalty and why would he want that crown if he himself were not Atlantean royalty? But you're saying that this...this is the guy?”

They turned to look at the unassuming man strapped to his chair. “Look, my name is Lance Dexter and...I remember being Dr. Destruction, yeah but- “

Hydra jumped out of his seat, “Where's my daughter? Tell me or I'll kill you!”

Angela pulled the villain away from the dazed-looking Lance Dexter, “But...I was just a vacuum cleaner salesman. I don't remember anyone's daughter. I was...I was just so bored, I created Dr. Destruction to just, you know, stir things up a little.”

“Hydra,” Dr. Omega inclined his head, “How do you know that this is what Dr. Destruction looks like? We found this guy in a tube in the lab of Dr. Devolution.”

“It's true”, interjected Vertebreaker, “There were all kinds of giant bugs. Unbelievable.”

Hyrda sat back down and fidgeted nervously. “Actually, I...I brought this guy to Meros. I kind of owed him and for some reason, Meros wanted this guy. Do you remember V Day, Dr. Omega?”

“Vividly.”

“Meros escaped Atlantis with a teleport tube.”

“Oh yes. We have one of those.”

“You what? Ok, whatever. So on V Day, Meros told me to bring this guy to him.”

Omega pointed, “And that's when he tried to make you forget. That's what you were mumbling when we pulled you out of that tube in your lab and helped you, 'Meros tried to make me forget, but I remembered'. You're welcome, by the way and guess who never returned the nice slippers that we laid out for him beside his recovery bed? Four Star lived with us for months and do you think he stole slippers when he left? He did not.”

“Wha- what? I mean yes. That's basically what happened. On V Day. But why would Meros want this slob? No offense.”

“None taken.” Lance Dexter slumped in his chair.

“Because, if my guess is correct, this guy is the Dr. Destruction from the 1980's. Don't you remember when Dr. Destruction disappeared for a while and then came back, much more ruthless and deadly? The second one was Meros, using Atlantean magic and tech. He needed this clown out of the way, so Meros could assume his costumed identity. And that's the Dr. Destruction we delivered your daughter to.”

“You...you delivered my daughter to him? To Meros?”

“Well, at the time, we thought we were giving her to Dr. Destruction and we didn't even know you. We tried to rescue the President's widow, her daughter and the baby. In the end, the baby made it out unharmed, the daughter died and the widow died but was later revived by Isis, one of my henchmen. The former First Lady is now quite mad. She's up in a tower here at the Omega Mansion, actually. Quite mad.”

“I need to get my daughter back.”

“Of course. And we can help you. Of course, that means that you have to commit. You have to ally with us against Meros. You'll need to do what I ask of you, when I ask it. We don't have time for any more unstable villains than we already have.” The Coyote turned his ferret-fingers into long metal syringes and waved at Hydra.

“Hmmmm. Ok, I'm in.”

“Excellent. Now excuse me while I call Sheila Glass and invite her over for tea. Huntsman, you can cut Lance free. We still need a butler around here. Lance, are you ok with still being the butler?”

“Actually, yeah. I like cleaning and cooking. It's not boring around here. In fact, since that naked guy unlocked my memories, I have this great recipe for egg-rolls stuck in my head.”

“Is this something recent, then? A recent memory?”

“I don't think so, I think it's from...from my time in the tube. I'm not sure.”

“What else do you remember from your time in that tube? Anything? Anything at all?”

“Um, sounds. Sounds of...a kitchen? Like, a restaurant.”

“A restaurant and egg rolls? The Imperial Palace? That would match with the signal UPS traced back to the docks! What could my old friend Crab Imperial have to do with any of this? Well, first things first, I'm calling Sheila Glass.”

“Dr. Omega, this is not my son!”

Mark, Sheila's camera man pointed at the Coyote, “I just mentally scanned this boy. It's not Bobby.”

Dr. Omega also pointed at the “boy”. “Coyote, turn back now and explain yourself.”

“The kid's gone, boss. We went up to his room to get him, like you said and he's gone.”

“Huh. Just a slight delay, Miss Glass. I took the liberty of using traceable nanites to fight a minor infection your son had developed while inside...while he was away.”

Scrape chuckled darkly.

“I've also reviewed the security tapes from the mansion's monitors and cameras. Footage from less than an hour ago shows Bobby playing video games. Then we can see him being lifted and then he disappears, presumably teleported by whatever picked him up.”

“I will use this nanite tracker to find the boy now. Omega Men, load up and meet me at the following coordinates in South Point. I'll ride with Shiela Glass and what's-his-name.”

“But Dr. Omega, that's Slasher territory. Don't they work for the Huntsman, now?”, Angela asked.

Omega turned to the Huntsman. “Well?”

“I don't know nothing bout 'dis.”

“Fine, let's go. We're wasting time.”

Dr. Omega listened to the shouts and explosions over his comm bead. He was sitting in one of his cars with Sheila Glass and her cameraman (whatever his name was). The Omega Men had traced the boy's signal to an abandoned tenement house in South Point. Gangland. Upon entering the house, the Omega Men were ambushed by SOCORP agents. At that same time, the boy's signal disappeared.

Omega listened to the battle wrapping up (the SOCORP agents never stood a chance). He boosted the signal on his nanite detector (it's convenient to have a V'sori satellite available from time to time) and found the boy in the very next building.

“Hmph. If you want something done right... Excuse me, Ms Glass” With a pop of displaced air, Dr. Omega teleported into the nearby building. He immediately saw three Slasher gang members, easily recognized in their green mohawks, leading the boy across the building. Dr. Omega crouched around the corner and followed them as quietly as he was able (in several hundred pounds of armor).

As they progressed deeper into this complex, Dr. Omega decided he'd waited long enough. He stepped out of the shadows, “Hello, gentlemen.”
The gang members drew up short “Ah, crap.” They turned to head the other way, only to be confronted with The Huntsman. “Ah, crapping crap!”
Dr. Omega took Bobby by the hand, “Did they hurt you, boy?”

“No way, Dr. Omega! They were nice to me and one of them showed me his knife. It was awesome!”

“Slashers, speak quickly. Who hired you? Who are you bringing this boy to?”

“W-we don't know, man! We just-”

A plasma gun appeared in Dr. Omega's hand. He shot the gang member who was speaking. The Slasher exploded into a fine, red mist.

“He did not answer quickly enough. Perhaps you gentlemen will do better?”

“W-we just got the job anonymously. There's a d-drop box. We were told to bring the boy there. We don't know by who!”

Dr. Omega shot the second gang member. “I'm getting bored. Any chance you want to tell me a little more?”

The Huntsman stepped in, “Listen, Dr. Omega. Tell you what. If dis here guy hears more, he'll contact me, ok? We ain't got time for dis, right?”

“You are right, Huntsman. Very well. Come along, Bobby.” With a pop of displaced air, Dr. Omega and Bobby disappeared. Seconds later, the boy was having a tearful reunion with his mother Sheila Glass, on their way back to the Omega Mansion.

Back in the Omega Meeting room, Dr. Omega was not quite done with Sheila Glass. “Now Sheila...can I call you Sheila? Sheila, you and I had an agreement. I return your son and you help me uncover the true identity of Dr. Destruction. Well, I'm afraid I may have jumped the gun a bit. As you can see, your son is alive and well and at your side and I...I have deduced the true identity of Dr. Destruction.”

Sheila Glass sat down next to her son. Behind them, her cameraman hovered, still standing and glaring at Scrape. “Go on.”

“That's why I still need your help. Dr. Destruction is really King Meros of Atlantis. That's right. For years now, he has been alive. And he never contacted you. Furthermore, he took on a new identity, kidnapped and imprisoned that guy over there, just to hide from you! That. That is the man we are trying to stop.”

“Do you have any proof, Omega?”

Dr. Omega outlined his experiences with the Crown of Atlantis and its' purported powers, and then let Hydra and Lance Dexter speak. He finished with a brief overview of the timeline and career of Dr. Destruction, pointing out where it intersected with the activities of King Meros of Atlantis. The evil genius crossed his arms in front of his chest-plate. “What more proof do you need, Ms. Glass?”

“Ok, let's say I believe you. What's next?”

“Well, I had planned to use you to lure Meros here...and capture him. But the things that Mister Cl- er, Lance Dexter has been saying are still bothering me. Egg rolls, a kitchen...I am worried that my old friend Crab Imperial is caught up in all of this. We Omega Men are going to pay a visit to the Imperial Garden. We'll get some answers from my friend and then come back here to spring the trap. If you can be patient a little longer, we will all have the answers we seek.”

Crab Imperial's Rangoons welcomed the Omega Men as cordially as ever and set them an impressive table. If anything was amiss at the Imperial Garden, Crab Imperial's minions either did not know of it, or were showing impressive poker faces.

Soon enough, Crab Imperial, 420 pounds of purple crab, scuttled over to the table to join them.

“My friends, my friends! Is the food no good today? Why are you not eating? Dr. Omega? Is there a problem?”

“There might be...my old friend. This unassuming man over here...is Dr. Destruction. The Dr. Destruction from the 80's. You remember, back when we were just kids and we were terrorizing Dallas and losing Zenith patrols in the sewer tunnels?”

“Of course I remember. Good times, good times.”

“This man, this Dr. Destruction was kidnapped and held for years. He was held in some kind of kitchen at a busy restaurant. And now this man, my butler up until recently, tells me that he has a new recipe for...egg rolls.”

Dr. Omega decided to bluff. “He made me the egg rolls, Imperial. They're exactly like yours. They're the same recipe, in fact. “

Crab Imperial nervously clicked his pincers, “Oh.”

“Yes. Oh. I think it's time for some answers. Quite a few answers, in fact.”

“Dr. Omega, you may not like the things you find out. Are you sure about this?”

Omega steepled his gauntleted hands in front of his skull-shaped face-plate, “Tell me.”

Crab Imperial's form shimmered and shook. He morphed from a 400 pound purple crab into a man! His features were a little indistinct, almost rubbery. Dr. Omega immediately made the connection, “A Protean!”.
The alien placed its hands together, as if in prayer, “They are ready, my lord.”

Everything froze. The Omega Men froze, noise stopped coming in from the rest of the restaurant. Rangoons bustling to and from the room stopped dead in their tracks. The Omega men were aware, but completely immobile.

And then, HE was among them. The Outsider stood before them. Dr. Omega recognized him from old news reels from his last visit but he hardly needed those references to know who stood before them. Towering well over fifteen feet tall, the alien being focused the entire room with his presence, as if he were more real than his surroundings. All of the Omega Men looked up in shock and no small amount of awe.
The Outsider gestured at the Protean who was once known as Crab Imperial, “You have done well, my child.”

“Wait a minute!” Dr. Omega stood up (apparently, movement had been restored to the local area of space\time, but the Omega Men were too engrossed in the Outsider to notice) “I grew up with Crab Imperial. I was there for his first shell molting! When did you...replace him?”
“Ah, Dr. Omega. You amuse me more than most. I will answer your question. Crab Imperial was never replaced. My chosen people, the Proteans, came to Earth over a hundred years ago.”

“Tunguska.”

“Exactly. Their landing, if you will. My agents have been in place and working for decades. The details are sadly beyond your comprehension. Which brings us to here and now, at least as you understand such terms. You, Dr. Omega, have a rivalry with the one known as Dr. Destruction and you both oppose the V'sori.”

“Yes! The V'sori are attempting to subvert your work in Star City! Clearly, they have no respect for you! And Destruction's just a douche.”

“Ha ha ha! The V'sori are of little concern to me but again, you amuse me, human. Look behind me, and see my Battle Planet that I have constructed both to bring things to a conclusion and of course, for my own entertainment.”

The Outsider gestured behind him.

The Chinese restaurant was...gone. Or if not gone, then at least moved, transported. Spreading out in front of them were bits and pieces from all different locations, all smashed together with little regard for terrain or architecture.
To the north, the Omega Mansion, in its' entirety, rose up to block the glowing orange skyline. In the distance, a piece of the Atlantic Ocean seabed had been ripped free and dropped here, complete with Atlantean dome. Just past the dome, the water park where the renegade K'theren made their lair was visible. In between the Omega Mansion and the Atlantean dome was a jumbled mess of tortured landscapes and broken buildings.

The Outsider gestured to figures in the distance, running back and forth, many of them apparently fighting. “Out on the field of battle, you will find this Dr. Destruction. Find him. Face him. One of you will survive to be transported to face the overmind of the V'sori, Ch'thadra. Now, go!”

Suddenly, the Outsider was gone. Time seemed to speed back up somehow. Dr. Omega turned to face his henchmen, fires raging behind him in the distance. “Spread out in teams. The first one to find Destruction, contact me on the comm bead. I'll take care of him.”

The Huntsman pointed to the Atlantean dome in the distance. “Dat's probably the best place to look, hey? I'll start over there.” The Huntsman shot a grappling hook into a crumbling building in the distance and zipped away at breakneck speeds!

Dr. Omega gestured to UPS and Coyote, “You two are with me. We will head that way as well, albeit somewhat slower.” UPS flowed easily into Dr. Omega's armor. The Coyote took the form of his cape. Dr. Omega teleported to the east, as far as he could. He landed crouched behind a crumbling wall. The wall was part of some kind of alien temple. The crumbling masonry was just big enough to shield him from view. Stomping down the street in front of the temple was none other than the PSI-borg!

The maddened mechanical monstrosity was using its massive plasma cannons to reduce the street and anything on it to rubble. So far, it had not spotted them. Dr Omega hated loose ends but did not have time for this. “UPS, Coyote, remain still and remain quiet. We will let it pass for now.”

“No way, boss! I've got dibs!” UPS flowed out of Omega's armor and into the PSI-borg itself! As UPS and the brain of a V'sori Warlord struggled for control, Dr. Omega and Coyote teleported away again, to the east.
Omega's comm bead buzzed. “Hey doc, is Huntsman, ok? Your fishy blood priest is in dis here dome, performing some kind of ritual with Deja Nal. Want me should kill them both?”

“Negative. We don't know what they are doing, it could be useful. Keep scouting for Destruction, I'm teleporting to the Mansion, I have something I need my Undocumented Minions to do. Actually, Huntsman, can you describe the ritual to me?”

“I can try. Dey got these squiggly lines painted over everything, including themselves. And paint is all dey are wearing, those two. There are a lot of knives laying around, all wavy-bladed like. You know, dis looks like my kind of party!”

“Hmmmm. If what you're telling me is accurate, I think you're looking at a couple of traitors and Destruction is involved. Do not engage. See if you can help the others track down Destruction.”

“Ok, boss. We'll keep pretending like you pay me and can tell me what to do. But if I don't find something better to hunt soon, I'm coming back here.”

At the Omega Mansion, the windows shook to the sound of the Omega Copter taking off. Dr. Omega emerged from his secret basement lab (also the hangar bay) and found Shelia Glass, Mark (the camera man) and Hard Core guarding Bobby, Glass's son.

“Ah, good. Everyone present and accounted for, eh?”

Shelia Glass stood up, “What the hell is going on, Omega? We-”

Dr. Omega held up one metal-shod hand, “Just a moment. The Huntsman is reporting in now.”

“Hey boss, you're gonna want to get over here, ok? Me and your clone sons found some science-y looking tunnels running under this here battle planet thing. We've been following them for a while and I think we just found the main lab. You...you gonna want to see dis, boss.”

“I'll teleport right over. Omega out. Mark, you and Hard Core need to keep the boy safe. My research into Atlantean rituals, along with some things discovered by Vertebreaker (believe it or not) says that Destruction will need to sacrifice an innocent to complete his mad ritual. This boy could be the key to stopping Destruction...Meros...once and for all.”

“I'll see what I can do, Omega.”

Dr. Omega teleported out, aiming for the coordinates the Huntsman gave him.

The scene ouside the lab was bloody. Apparently, the Huntsman and Dave Ross had tried to gain access to the lab, and had run afoul of its defenders (or defenses). Dave Ross lay in a bloody heap on the ground. The Huntsman was also down, but not out. As Dr. Omega teleported in, the Hunter of heroes was starting to regain consciousness.

The lab itself was jammed into some sort of cave, due to the haphazard way in which the “battle world” had been constructed by the Outsider. Stepping over the inert form of Dave Ross and striding into the lab, Dr. Omega saw much in the way of equipment that was familiar to him, mostly restraints and torture implements, alongside exotic energy sources and weapons. Up on a raised platform, he saw something he was not fully familiar with: it was Champion! If not alive, the former hero was at least in one piece. All over Champion's inert form were scrawled Atlantean runes. They were clearly written in blood. The world's greatest hero floated in a tank of greenish liquid.

In front of this macabre display stood Dr. Destruction. “You're too late, Omega. No one can stop me now. Not even you.”

“Give it up, Destruction. This is the end of the line for you. I'm taking you down and then I'm kicking the V'sori off of Earth once and for all.”

“That's big talk for a lone man, Omega. Where are your little Omega Men? Who's going to fight this battle for you? I don't have time to kill you myself. But I leave you with...the Champion Ultimatum!”

Destruction lunged for a large, red button on the wall. Once the button depressed, Champion's tank began to empty of liquid and the monstrous hulk inside of it began to stir! Destruction made a crude gesture at Dr. Omega and teleported away.

The creature that was Champion flew at Dr. Omega, inhumanly fast! Just before the point of impact, a blade flashed between Omega and the creature. The blade of a glaive stuck itself into Champion's massive rune-covered chest. It was followed by the haft of the weapon, swinging up and catching the abomination under the chin, sending it sprawling. The Huntsman stood next to Dr. Omega. He was wearing a long coat that Omega immediately recognized at The Coyote in one of his favorite forms, the “magic jacket”.

“Choo know how long I've been waiting to kill dis guy, here? He's the most powerful super on the planet!”

“Be careful, Huntsman! Destruction's Atlantean sorcery has made him much stronger.”

The Creature sprang to it's feet, its' rotting lips pulled back in a snarl of rage.

“Merry Christmas to you too, Dr. Omega. Run along, ok? Dis one is mine.”

Omega teleported out of the chamber and started making a series of jumps that would bring him to the Atlantean dome that Huntsman saw before: the site of the ritual! “This is Dr. Omega to all Omega Men. Focus all of your efforts on piercing the Atlantean dome in the southwest area of the battle-world. You must pierce that dome!”

“Da, konechno boss.” UPS was “driving” the body of the PSI-borg, having fried the V'sori Warlord's brain inside of it. He powered up his plasma cannons and opened up on the dome. A gratifying amount of damage was done in just seconds. A moment later, a large hole had appeared in the roof of the dome.
“Excellent, UPS! Undocumented minions, get the helicopter into position!”

Dr. Omega made the final two jumps to bring him into the dome. He showed up several feet away from Dr. Destruction. Destruction stood on top of a dais that was deeply stained with blood. The Atlantean blood priest and Deja Nal were performing the ceremony at a frenzied pace now and a full dozen Atlantean blood cultists chanted along.

“Omega, you're too late! The ceremony is almost complete!”

“Give it up Destruction...Meros. You need the Crown of Atlantis for your ritual to succeed. And you need an innocent child. Sheila Glass's boy in under heavy guard and the crown is hidden in my Omega Mansion. Dead end.”

Dr. Destruction gestured and a new figure teleported into the dome. Plucked from the tower of the Omega mansion, it was the former First Lady, still quite, quite mad! She had clearly found where Dr. Omega had been hiding the Crown of Atlantis (She went into his underwear drawer? Is nothing sacred anymore?), since she was handing it to Destruction now, a giant grin on her face.

And that's not all she brought Destruction. She was also holding a baby girl with silver eyes. The daughter of Hydra and the President's daughter. An innocent child. Destruction held the crown aloft in victory.
“Now watch, Omega. Watch as I gain power that surpasses even the Outsider!”

“I'm not watching anything. We're here to stop you.”

“We? We went over this, Omega. You're alone. My troops and monsters have your henchmen all tied up. Who is this 'we' who is going to stop me?”

“Me and my cosmic robot, jack-ass. Undocumented minions, now!”

The Omega Copter was hovering over the hole in the dome. Its cargo doors opened and a humanoid shape, massive in size, plummeted out. The Outsider's cosmic robot struck the crowd of blood cultists just as Dr. Omega pressed the large, red button on its remote control. The robot's eyes lit up, bright red, as it laid into the hapless Atlanteans!

Bodies were rent asunder and thrown across the dome! Deja Nal screamed as a giant metal foot crushed her, snapping her spine. The minions in the copter started to descend on lines, firing plasma guns as they slid down. The ritual was in chaos! The former First Lady was laying in a heap on a pile of rubble, clutching her grand-daughter to her chest. Dr. Destruction was fighting to keep his feet and step clear of the melee, the Crown of Atlantis clutched in his hand. Even with his mask on, he was clearly enraged. “Omega!”

The Huntsman parried another crushing fist aimed at his head with superhuman speed. Champion never tired, never stopped his rain of blows. The Huntsman had scored a few solid hits, but he was sure that he himself was sporting a broken rib and had lost a lot of blood. He'd managed to maneuver Champion outside the lab, now it was time to end this.

The Huntsman stood with his back against the metal wall of the lab. He threw a handful of toxic ash into Champion's eyes to buy himself a moment. The monstrous super flew back a dozen feet while he clawed furiously at his eyes.

The Huntsman pressed his back up against the lab as he made his preparations. “Kay, Coyote get out of here now, ok?”

“What? Why”

“Because I gots a plan and if you stick around, you're gonna go boom!”

“I thought you wanted me dead.”

“And now I don't. Scram, will you?”

“Ok, cool. I'm out of here.” The jacket turned back into a ferret and ran off at an impressive clip. On the ground by the Huntsman's feet, Dave Ross stirred. Burnt almost to death, he struggled to raise a hand, to signal to the Huntsman that he was still alive. But the hunter of heroes was too busy with something on his vest to see the clown stripper's efforts.

Champion was back! He'd wiped enough of the ash from his smoldering eye sockets to see again. He saw the Huntsman, standing alone by the wall of the lab. He roared as he charged at him, heedless of the glaive that impaled him on impact, pinning him to the Huntsman. In fact, as the glaive pierced him completely, he pulled himself down its haft, closer to the Huntsman. In seconds, the two men were face to face. Though his breath was being crushed from his lungs, the Huntsman manged to wheeze out, “Look down.”

Strapped to the hunters' chest was several pounds of C4 explosive and a string of plasma grenades. THe Glaive held Champion pinned to the Huntsman. Champion and Dave Ross shared a look of surprise and terror as they detonated.

Back at the Atlantean dome, Destruction was holding the Crown of Atlantis aloft. “Well, I still have this! I'm going to summon an army of serpent men to crush the surface world once and for all!”

“It's fake.” Dr. Omega crossed his arms.

“What? You're lying, Omega.”

“Hardly. That's the decoy. The fake I keep in my underwear drawer. Go ahead, ask her. Hey, crazy lady, did you take that out of my underwear drawer?”

The former First Lady nodded, drool hanging from her smiling mouth. Dr. Omega looked at Destruction and shrugged. “Seriously. Who would keep a powerful relic in their underwear drawer?”

Dr. Destruction screamed in frustration and threw the crown to the ground, stomping on it and shattering the ancient metal.

“I would” whispered Dr. Omega to himself.

“No!” Destruction screamed, “You have been a thorn in my side for years. It ends today! Dr. Omega, meet the Destruction Cannon!” The madman leveled a huge hand-cannon at Dr. Omega. With a report like a hundred whips cracking, it discharged at the evil genius.

Dr. Omega calmly teleported a few feet away, the blast missing him entirely.

“You use the technology of the enemy well.”, Destruction sneered.

“You're one to talk, Meros. I saw your little pictures pages in the Temple of the Seven Seas. You ARE the enemy! But you're right: this does end today.” Dr. Omega produced a stripped-down plasma rifle from under his cape. “Mine doesn't have a fancy name, but it's my favorite. Hard Core gave it to me. I trust my friends, Meros. And you're the one who's about to die alone.”

Omega took careful aim and pulled the trigger. Destruction had exhausted the batteries of his armor in teleporting so many people around the battle-planet. He'd invested all his sorcerous abilities in the Atlantean ritual. Completely depleted of resources, Dr. Destruction was engulfed in burning plasma and fell to the ground, dead.

The Huntsman walked into the dome with the Coyote trailing after him. It was quiet now. The Cosmic Robot had gone inert after slaughtering all of the other Atlanteans. “Huntsman, you're alive.”

“Yep. Mainly because Vertebreaker and his buddy found me.”

Vertebreaker scuttled into the room, with Mitch Powers perched on his bony back. A moment later, Scrape and Angela walked in as well. FInally, Four Star walked into the dome as well, reporting that Bobby and Sheila Glass were still safe.

Dr. Omega looked around at his Omega Men and nodded. It was time. He walked over to the corpse of Dr. Destruction and pulled the dead man's helmet off.

“Ha. Told you so.”

King Meros lay on the ground, nearly dead. Dr. Omega placed nullifier shackles on his wrists and bound his feet securely. "This will be my most insidious death trap yet! No pits, no killer robots. Meros is going to to couples counseling with Sheila Glass! He got her pregnant and then assumed the identity of a supervillain just to get out of child support. Oh, this is going to be good!"

Dr. Omega stood and looked up, through the hole in the dome and into the orange glow that passed for the sky on the battle-planet. “Outsider! I've won! You can show up at any time, now.”

And suddenly, the Outsider was there. Despite all of the horrible things they had seen in the past few hours, the Outsider remained an imposing, other-worldly figure. “Dr. Omega. You actually won! There is no end to the amusement you provide for me.”

“Yeah, I won. This guy, Meros, said he was going to perform a ritual that would make him more powerful than even you. But I stopped it.”

“Ha! That truly is funny! You amuse me so much, Omega, that I have decided to grant you a boon. One wish. Make a wish, and I will make it so.”

A heavy silence descended over the dome. Each Omega Man thought about what he or she would wish for and then considered how insane their leader was. They considered the things and people he hated, and the naked desire he expressed for everything from weapons to world domination. None of them could have predicted what happened next.
Dr. Omega turned to fully face the Outsider. “Outsider...turn Meanstreak human again. I messed up. She deserves a normal life. Change her back.”

The Outsider gestured with one massive hand. “It is done.”

Angela leaned in close to Vertebreaker and whispered, “Well, I'm sure that's not going to bite him in the ass, someday.”

Vertebreaker hung his head, “He could have wished for a bigger allowance for me.”

The Outsider clapped his massive hands, “Enough of such diversions! You have overcome Destruction and passed my test. You will now we sent to the V'sori home-world, V'sor. This will be your chance to face Ch'thadra, the V'sori Overmind!”

Dr. Omega crossed his arms over his chest-plate. “Do you think you could at lea-”

The Outsider clapped his hands again. They were no longer in the Atlantean dome. They were still in a dome, however. A massive rotunda spread around them. In front of them, on a raised dais, was a horrid alien creature. It looked like a V'sori, but with a massive cranium, expanded beyond all reason and pulsing with sick purple veins. The creatures' hands crackled with barely restrained psychic might and it's loathsome presence beat upon the edges of their minds.

Flanking this monstrosity were two obvious hybrids. V'sori had been crossed with K'tharen to create vicious, finned bodyguards. And ringing the entire chamber were at least three dozen V'sori drones, weapons at the ready. Dr. Omega took a look around. “Oh, sh-”

TO BE CONCLUDED
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your GM made some alterations to Meros to better fit your style of play. Still lots of fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: