Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Wonderland No More] Card Ship Prototype

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: [Wonderland No More] Card Ship Prototype Reply with quote

I made a "card ship" for my Wonderland No More scenario I ran for Necronomicon 2008. All the card art is original: I drew up the "face" cards (Jack, Queen and King of Hearts) loosely based on illustrations by Sir John Tenniel from "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and also drew the fancy suit designs, then used the created "card" faces to make textures to print onto cardstock - and to assemble these pieces into something remotely resembling a ship. I used the "pink stuff" - visible through gaps in the picture - insulation foam board - to make a "skeleton" for the ship to attach the sections of cardstock to, and to provide a relatively sturdy surface for miniatures.

The masts were salvaged from a "ghost ship" I'd kitbashed together for my (now-finished) Pirates RPG campaign, with some larger-sized print-outs of card designs for the sails.

Once time permits, my ideal is to take what I learned from assembling the "prototype" and make a PDF for constructing your own Wonderland "card ship." (This version would have a few more surface details, such as port holes, doors, grates, rigging, etc., and I guess I'd need to make some paper masts, too.) I've also made some custom "Wonderland No More" ship sheets, though since there are no vehicle rules in WNM, and there are no adventures to speak of on the high seas, they're of course apocryphal.

Anyway, it was a fun time at Necronomicon. The scenario was interesting, though it was made a bit difficult by a high amount of "every man/Tweedle/rabbit/cat/card for him/herself" and outright infighting. That sort of thing seems to happen more often at convention pick-up games than at my house games, in my experience. (I suppose players have less investment in establishing trust with other PCs, when it's a one-shot.)
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice concept and model.

All you need now is the tic-tic-tic of a pocket watch to riff off of Hook.
Very Happy
=
stephengroy
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's way cool!!
Tuesday
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it.
Daosus
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ship is made of win! (and cards)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: