Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D20 Conversionification [Mods - Delete at will]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sulfurdown
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: D20 Conversionification [Mods - Delete at will] Reply with quote

I've recently returned to my conversion of Paizo's "Age of Worms" adventure path to SW and it dawned on me that the Official (or semi-official, quasiofficial, etc) D20 Conversion guide equates the "average" value of 10 in a skill to a d10 in SW. Why isn't it listed as Average (D20 10) being Average (SW d6)?

Is this planned so that most NPCs converted from D20 to SW are suped up where average becomes excellent? Or am I going to have to retread the first two of the adventures to bring the NPC into better perspective?

Last edited by sulfurdown on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: D20 Conversionification Reply with quote

sulfurdown wrote:
I've recently returned to my conversion of Paizo's "Age of Worms" adventure path to SW and it dawned on me that the Official (or semi-official, quasiofficial, etc) D20 Conversion guide equates the "average" value of 10 in a skill to a d10 in SW. Why isn't it listed as Average (D20 10) being Average (SW d6)?

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd quantify 10 as an average value for a skill in d20. 10 is the DC for an "average" skill check. That means a character with a 10 in the skill (in d20) would always succeed at an average skill check, making them much better than average.

Heck, I honestly don't really think of DC 10 as the average DC for the system, I'd call that more like DC 15, but even then the same principle holds since a 10 skill succeeds 80% of the time at that roll (and that ignores stat modifiers to the skill total).

www.peginc.com
sulfurdown
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a really really long week... (overtime at work plus a 10p research paper that's due shortly).

I crossed the "Attribute" and "Skill" wires. I'm pretty sure this thread can be deleted.

Thanks for pointing out my error though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: