Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ashes to Ashes: The BRP version converted to Savage Worlds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skipper
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Ashes to Ashes: The BRP version converted to Savage Worlds. Reply with quote

I( bought the Ashes to Ashes book a whilwe back and loved the setting. It kind of parralleled my D&D campaighn. Anyhow, I think the story and settting would work great as a Savage World background. The author has fleshed out a lot of this very depleted fantasy world.

If we tire of Deadlands and 50 Fathoms ends up not to everyones liking, this may be my next setting.

Has anyone else read through it? What do you think?
Tomahawk
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm.

And I thought this was going to be a way-cool Savaging of the BBC series "Life on Mars" and "Ashes to Ashes."

I wanted to see that conversion of Gene Hunt.
Skipper
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, unfortunately not, this is just a thread to express an idea about a setting that just begs to be Savaged. I'll love to get to it someday, but its a little low on my priorities at the moment.

Every since I discovered Savage Worlds about two months ago, the possibiliteis are endless. I've not been this excited about an RPG since 1st edition AD&D...... I like the ability to easily take almost any source information and run a game with it. The emphasis on fun over rules lawyering has a lot to do with that.

Skipper
Blogotron
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is "ashes to ashes"? Book? Comic? TV series? Another RPG? Video game?
Murgh Bpurn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blogotron wrote:
what is "ashes to ashes"? Book? Comic? TV series? Another RPG? Video game?

http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=1271
Skipper
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Mild Spoiler ALERT)

This is a fantasy world with a very gritty, low magic, low steel setting. The world has undergone a major cataclysm and the characters must survive and figure out what is going on. It looks like a good campaign system for about 10-12 sesions (more if you want) and has some really cool plot twists. I'm not going into too much detail as a few of my players lurk here and I don't want them to glean too much information.....Yes, I'm talking about you Brett.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: