Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Buffy / Angel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Savage Buffy / Angel Reply with quote

Has anyone converted this to our beloved system?
Armos Black
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of funny. My girlfriend and I just last night started a home-brew Buffy game. She made a slayer (set after the Buffy final). For the first episode I just made a demon race using the "alien generator" rules in Slipstream. I made the Extra vampire minions using the Horror Toolkit. All the episode prep took me about 15 minutes.

I do think someone has converted some of the characters maybe. I know someone (Sitting Duck?) was working on the Supernatural TV show.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armos Black wrote:
I know someone (Sitting Duck?) was working on the Supernatural TV show.

Correct. It's under the topic Get your kicks on Route 666. I'm afraid I haven't done any work on it recently though.
Robin
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Geeks did a review of Solomon Kane and made a comment that it would be a great system to run a Buddy/Angel game with.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but it looked really feasible.
Jarno
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For supernatural you could use Deadlands reloaded, manitous for the demons (they work allmost like that, expect give them supernatural characterist, some holy water and iron weaknesess)and most of the critters use just straight up(the is skinshifters in Supernatural and deadlands reloaded, there was wendigos in first episodes of SN). For magic you could use Solomon Kanes magic system, it is less power point oriented and more ritual type, this works well in buffy too. And for buffy there is cool kung fu "magic" in deadlands. I think more usefull for Buffy (and Supernatural) game is Deadlands reloaded. Solomon kane has good ritual magic in book, but its not so hugely different for normal SW rules that you could build whole modern campaing in to it. Like in game geeks, Solomon Kane could work more Torchwood in 17th century?
Armos Black
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have those books, they are great resources. The Horror Toolkits (both the GM and Bestiary) by Wiggy are also wonderful. The GM Toolkit has some useful rules for magic and Buffy-style research in a Horror game and also discusses summoning and binding demons. It has a spellbook system where you do not need the Arcane Background to use. Great for the high school student who raises dead to get back at the head cheerleader! Twisted Evil Oh and Chosen One (read: Vampire Slayer) rules!

The Bestiary Toolkit has IMHO the best list of monsters for a Buffy/Angel or Supernatural game. Like I said above, the vampires from Buffy were very easy to make using it. One could easily get ideas for a Big Bad or just the Bad for an episode from it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: