Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Six String Samurai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodge City
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Six String Samurai Reply with quote

I just saw this movie this evening, though I have heard of it for years. The premise is its a post apocalyptic world where the USSR turned the USA into a radioactive waste land, then invaded back in 1957. The last hold out of freedom became the Free State of Nevada, and there in the city of Lost Vegas, Elvis Presley was crowned King. "40 Rockin' years later, the King is Dead." (1997) Thus enters "Buddy", a six string samurai who has "got a gig" in Vegas to become the new King. Very bizarre movie, and not for everybody, but I atleast found it to be entertaining. Regardless, I was sitting there thinking the whole time "I wish I could live in this world. Granted, I'd be crazy, but so is everyone else."

Overall, it could just be used as a sea of character concepts for Deadlands: Hell on Earth, but the movie itself has its own timeline and tech level. As the Russian Red Army commander says "We haven't had bullets since 57." There are no firearms, that work atleast. However, there's still radio, 50s era or earlier automobiles (that only seem to travel about 25mph top speed.), and all you need is some stagnant water and "a ratchet" to fix your car if it breaks down.

Blah, I'm rambling at this point. I suggest anyone who is a fan of Hell on Earth or Post Apocalypse settings track this movie down. I'd love to run at least a one shot of this, especially if the people involved have never seen the movie, so the setting will be unique to them. Since I'll be on winter break soon, I should have plenty of time to do this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-String_Samurai
quixol
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: A great film and a great idea Reply with quote

Six String Samurai also has some great music as well. Its one I have on DVD and enjoy pulling out every 6 mos or so. Also if anyone is looking to do someing for HoE, you may also want to view "Radioactive Dreams" or the ol chestnut "A Boy and his Dog".

Both will provide some wonderful HoE inspiration.
Lysander
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it. NOT my cup of tea at all...

But I can see where the idea would be cannibalized into a post apocalypse campaign... Good luck if you get this off the ground...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear how this turns out. I loved the quirkiness and dark humor of the movie.

Take care,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: