Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Ptolus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

more Savage Ptolus stuff?
yes ?
100%
 100%  [ 12 ]
no?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

irishvince
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Savage Ptolus Reply with quote

Ok so I started to convert stuff for my upcoming Online Savage Ptolus game.

Here's my twist on the different races:

Dwarves (Grailwarden and Stonelost): The difference between the two types of Dwarves is mainly Cultural so I decided to use the same mechanics. They are Basicly the Dwarves from W&W with a little twist.
Artisans: Dwarve start with a free d6 in Knowledge (craft)
Low Light Vision: Dwarven eyes are accustomed to the dark of the underearth. They ignore attack penalties for Dim and Dark lighting.
Slow: Dwarves have a Pace of 5”.
Tough:Dwarves are stout and tough. They start with a d6 Vigor instead of a d4.
Bad tempered: Dwarves are known for their bad Temper so they get the Mean (minor) Hindrances.

Elves (Shoal):
I decided to ditch the Cherubar (IMO they are basicly there to attract girl players ) and the Harrow (IMO Cheapass version of the dark elves ). So the Shoal elves are the only type of elves (beside Half-elves) and I used the W&W stats for elves.

Half-Elves, Half-Orc,Halfling(Quickling), I basicaly use the W&W for these Races.

Gnome (Loresong Faen):
Small: Gnomes average between 3’ and 4’ tall. This
subtracts –1 from their Toughness.
Spirited: Gnomes are optimists, always looking towards
the brighter things. They start with a d6 in Spirit instead
of a d4.
Curious: Gnomes have an insatiable curiosity. On the
off chance they lose interest in things near home, they
go questing for more mysteries.
Lucky: Gnomes draw one extra Benny at the beginning
of every session. This may be combined with the Great
Luck Edge.
Low Light Vision: Gnomes have adapted to life in the
dark, living in small burrows and sometimes in modest
underground towns. They can see in all but Pitch
Darkness.

Centaurs:
Big: Centaurs are naturally large… as big as horses, obviously. Their size adds +1 to Toughness.
Fleet of Hoof: A centaur’s pace is 10", and he rolls a d10 when running instead of d6.
Striking Hooves: Centaurs can strike with either their front or back hooves as a natural attack for STR+d6
damage.
Heroic : Aram culture values heroes greatly. Centaur adventurers seek adventure for its own sake. They want to undertake mighty quests and perform acts of great heroism; treasure and other rewards are secondary. They start play with the Heroic (major) Hindrances.
Bottomless pit: Centaur need two times as much food and drinks to stay active. When buying ration they have to pay twice the normal cost for it. If they only eat like a human they have to suffer the effect of famine.

Litorians:

Fierce: Litorian are ruthless in combat. They start with the Frenzy (seasonned) edge regardless of the requirement.
Claws: They have a retractable claws at the end of their paws giving them a natural weapon at Str+d6.
Code of Honor: If somebody saves their life they feel they owe that person a Lifedebt. They will follow and protect that person to the detriment of their own life. The fact that the person might be evil or not or that they want this protection or not is completly irrelevent to the Lifedebt and the Litorians.

I left the Lizardman out, I didn't even see the point of having them in Ptolus.

Alright tell me what you think about what I have so far?

Last edited by irishvince on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
quigs
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Gnomes in the W&W pdf, where'd you get the stats for them?

Centaurs appear to be a tad weak (using the FWBTK), but they should be ok as written.

Litorans appear to be well balanced.
irishvince
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oups yeah gnomes come from the Sharkbytes supplement about fantasy races. I'm at work right now but I will put their stats up (for peoples that can't go and dig deep into all that the sharkbytes have to offer) later on this evening.

Has for the Centaur would Size+2 or Pace 10 be overpowering to put in par with other races ?
Theophage
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say a pace of 10 is fine. It is the equivalent of an edge (Fleet Footed) and the avion in the revised rules comes with a flying speed of 10.

Daniel "Theophage" Clark
theophage (at) geocities (dot) com
irishvince
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDITED THE ORIGINAL POST
I added the gnomes and changed the centaur's pace 8'' to pace 10''
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: