Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Empire of Ashes-Session Summaries and Notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dont Die
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Empire of Ashes-Session Summaries and Notes Reply with quote

I'm starting a short dark and grim fantasy campaign this weekend, so I figured that I'd go ahead and drop a few blurbs about it. I'll post more information after the setting has had first contact with player characters. So in the mean time here's a short description of the setting:

The Most Holy Church of The Dreaming teaches that the Gods banished the Forgotten Ones from the universe. The Gods then slept and their dreams created the World. If the uninitiated should speak the true names of the Gods, they would awaken and the world would come to an end. The first race to walk the world were the Mius or the First Created. They built a mighty kingdom and molded reality to their whims. The spires of their elegant palaces touched the heavens. But all that came to a quick and violent end. Such was the punishment of the First Created Kingdoms for their hubris had distrurbed the Gods.
The modern races crept from the ashes of the cataclysm and built their own great empire. The powerful Aemoni became masters the land but were slaves to their own desires. The seductive Vashaen manipulated weaker wills to their whim while fulfilling their own carnal pleasures. The ghoulish Drolar gained strength from the carnage all around them while disfiguring themselves in the process. The savage Grorg embraced the feral spirit of the wild at the cost of civilization. The sorcerous Thul-eth struggled to regain control of the ancient magics while weakening their own bodies. And the pitiful Humans weakened by the ancient magics were easily subjugated by the more powerful races.
The Il-hoth Empire has ruled the land for over 700 years. But now it's rotting from within. Petty nobles vie for the Emperor's favor. Power hungry warlocks delve into the forbidden secrets of the First Created. The sorcerer-priests of the Sleeping Gods pursue the insane cults of the Forgotten Ones. The Emperor's Ash Wolves mercilessly hunt down the enemies of the Empire. Crime and poverty eat away at the will of the people. And the armies of the Eastern Kingdoms gather in the names of their alien gods.
You can find some more notes on the Races and Arcane Backgrounds over at my blog. http://www.grogtard.com/?p=326
My buddy mxyzplk over at Geek Related has posted the first session summary: http://mxyzplk.wordpress.com/2009/01/16/first-empire-of-ashes-session-summary-posted/
And there's no doubt that we're a bunch of wise cracking, politically incorrect and demented individuals.
Charles Phipps
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it already.

Very impressive work you've done.
Dont Die
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.
And in case anyone was wondering the summary for session two is up!
http://mxyzplk.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/second-empire-of-ashes-session-summary-posted/#more-885
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: