Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Misfit Studios] SpirosBlaak playtesters wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: [Misfit Studios] SpirosBlaak playtesters wanted Reply with quote

Misfit Studios will be "savaging" its SpirosBlaak fantasy setting for PDF/POD release, and is interested in taking on some playtesters familiar with Savage World to look over the converted material and offer feedback. Playtesters shall receive a free copy of the PDF upon release. If interested, please email or PM me using the info attached to this account.
TonyTempest
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the stampede from D20 to SW continues! Spirosblaak is an OUTSTANDING setting, this one I'm really really looking forward to.

this is quite awesome!

david
Alan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pretty cool - Spiros Blaak got itself on my radar years ago. Sadly by the time it was released I had long since lost the love for d20/dnd in general. I might finally have an excuse to pick it up and sate my curiosity - it always did look pretty cool. Look forward to hearing more

Follow Savage Mojo on Twitter.
Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. It's an interesting process to convert from d20 to SW while trying to retain the setting's flavor. I hope the result is to your liking.
Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who signed up; we should be good for playtesters for now. Things are already progressing at a fairly good clip with lots of excellent feedback. I'm getting increasingly jazzed to get this out the more things progress.
joela
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: SW SpirosBlaak release Reply with quote

Steve Trustrum wrote:
Thanks to everyone who signed up; we should be good for playtesters for now. Things are already progressing at a fairly good clip with lots of excellent feedback. I'm getting increasingly jazzed to get this out the more things progress.

Steve, I have the d20 version of SpirosBlaak and enjoy it thoroughly. Shall we expect the Savaged version in mid to late 2010? Will Christine be contributing new material?
Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: SW SpirosBlaak release Reply with quote

joela wrote:
Steve, I have the d20 version of SpirosBlaak and enjoy it thoroughly. Shall we expect the Savaged version in mid to late 2010? Will Christine be contributing new material?
We hope to have it out some time in 2009 or early 2010. The material in the SW version will be comparable to that in the d20 version, with "new" material being restricted mainly to stuff needed to make the book comparable to the assumed support content the d20 material had from the core books. For instance, costs and details on fantasy gear and the like will be included.
joela
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: SW SpirosBlaak release Reply with quote

Steve Trustrum wrote:
joela wrote:
We hope to have it out some time in 2009 or early 2010. The material in the SW version will be comparable to that in the d20 version, with "new" material being restricted mainly to stuff needed to make the book comparable to the assumed support content the d20 material had from the core books. For instance, costs and details on fantasy gear and the like will be included.

Gotcha. Look forward to it even though there won't be a PPC.
Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development of this is back on now that DC Adventures is done. That means I'm gonna have to nudge all the playtesters awake again Smile
joela
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Trustrum wrote:
Development of this is back on now that DC Adventures is done. That means I'm gonna have to nudge all the playtesters awake again Smile

Please let me know if you need additional groups. My friends and I just play-tested the upcoming ETU by 12 to Midnight and had a blast. We're definitely primed for more SWs. (I also have the d20 SpiroBlaak written by Christina Stiles.)
Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joela wrote:
(I also have the d20 SpiroBlaak written by Christina Stiles.)
*cough*recheckthebook'scover*cough* Mr. Green
joela
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Trustrum wrote:
joela wrote:

What? It says right there on the cover: By Steven Trustrum with Christina Stiles -- OOPS Embarassed
Christina Stiles
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joela wrote:
Steve Trustrum wrote:
joela wrote:

What? It says right there on the cover: By Steven Trustrum with Christina Stiles -- OOPS Embarassed

Yeah, I was publisher (Bizzaro Games) back then. I hired Steven to write SB (an idea I had but didn't have time to implement), so I'm contributor and developer.
joela
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina Stiles wrote:
joela wrote:
Steve Trustrum wrote:
joela wrote:

Yeah, I was publisher (Bizzaro Games) back then. I hired Steven to write SB (an idea I had but didn't have time to implement), so I'm contributor and developer.

OOPS! Embarassed
Christina Stiles
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: SW SpirosBlaak release Reply with quote

joela wrote:
Will Christine be contributing new material?

I don't believe the re-release will have new material. I'm working on the racial conversions for the book.

Note, I do plan on writing supplements for the line later, however.
Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, guys and gals.

The converted material for SpirosBlaak is flying out faster that the current pool of playtesters can keep up. Indeed, we have several weeks worth of material still sitting around waiting for playtester feedback. This means I'd like to bring in some more playtesters to take a look at things ASAP.

Some of the things currently on deck to be discussed:

- Profession "trees": One of the things I'm experimenting with is taking Professional Edges a bit further, by applying ranked Edges. For example, did your character select the Wizard Edge? Well that's great, because doing so is the first step to becoming a Grand Wizard.

- Lots of new races and Racial Edges to go along with them, especially for the kav (lycanthropes) that populate the setting

- A wide variety of new Hindrances suitable to a setting where the gods mingle with mortals

- Some new and interesting ways to use skills that suit the setting

And soon we'll begin posting the creature, equipment, and magic stuff.

If you're interested in playtesting, email trustrum@misfit-studios.com and briefly explain how you can help out. All playtesters receive a free PDF copy of any book they help out with.
Crossroads
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on the Savage Worlds SpirosBlaak?
~Gavin
Steven Trustrum
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina and I are hoping to get to it after we both clear our immediate plates. I want to roll it and the PFRPG versions out simultaneously.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds Good, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: