Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[WW2] Downloads
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strangedos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Expanded Weapons List Reply with quote

Ok Teller is right about the stats being real similar and frankly anyone can do a tad of research and come up with lists like these but...for those that dont have the time etc here is a list i made that has some covert weapons as well as little known ones, its not inclusive and has no pictures but ill leave that too Abner and others too flesh out, also wikipedia is a good source. Oh PS i am very excited too see the upcoming material for WW and frankly i am glad you guys are working on meatier stuff than simple weapons compendiums. My game group cant wait!

An expanded weapons list for Weird War II

De Lisle Carbine (1942-1945)

The De Lisle carbine or De Lisle Commando carbine was a British carbine used during World
War II. The primary feature of the De Lisle was its very effective suppressor which made it
extremely quiet in action, indeed working the bolt to chamber the next round makes a louder
noise than firing a round.The De Lisle carbine was used by the British Commandos and other
special forces Few were made as their use was limited to special military units.

Stats availible in Weird War 2 Sourcebook

STEN 9mm Supressed (1943-Vietnam)

The suppressed models were produced at the request of the Special Operations Executive (SOE)
for use on clandestine operations in occupied Europe, starting with the Mk. IIS in 1943. Due to
their tendency to overheat, they were fired in short bursts or single shots. In addition to its use in
the European Theatre, the Mk. IIS saw service with clandestine units in the Southwest Pacific
Area (SWPA) such as the Services Reconnaissance Department and SOE's Force 136 on
operations against Imperial Japanese forces. The Sten Mk. IIS was used by the Operation
Jaywick party during their raid into Japanese-occupied Singapore Harbour.

Sten Supressed: Same stats as in WW2 sourcebook but the weapon weighs a bit more due
too the suppressor/ 10 lbs.

Welrod Pistol

The Welrod was a British bolt action, magazine fed, suppressed pistol devised during World War II.
It was used primarily by the British SOE but was also used by the American OSS. The Welrod,
also known as the "Assassin's Pistol", was extremely quiet. The Welrod was provided with sights
marked with fluorescent paint for use in low light conditions. Although it had a maximum range of
23 meters, it was intended for use far closer—up to point blank. The muzzle end of the gun was
cut away so that it could be fired in direct contact with the target. This would reduce the sound
levels even further, and removed the chance of missing. The Welrod was a "sanitized" weapon,
meaning that it had no markings indicating its manufacturer or country of origin; all it was marked
with was a serial number and some inscrutable symbols and letters.

Welrod (9mm) 12/24/48 2d6–1 1 3.5 5D — Suppressed-Bolt Action

Liberator Pistol

The FP-45 Liberator was a pistol manufactured by the United States military during World War II
for use by resistance forces in occupied territories. The FP-45 was a crude, single-shot pistol
designed to be cheaply and quickly mass produced. The Liberator had just 23 largely stamped
and turned steel parts that were cheap and easy to manufacture. It fired a .45 caliber pistol
cartridge from an unrifled barrel. Due to the unrifled barrel, maximum effective range was only
about 25 feet (less than 8 m). At longer range, the bullet would begin to tumble and stray off
course. Because of the low quality, it was nicknamed the "Woolworth gun." The Liberator was
shipped in a cardboard box with 10 rounds of .45 ACP ammunition, a wooden dowel to remove
the empty cartridge case, and an instruction sheet in comic strip form showing how to load
and fire the weapon. Extra rounds of ammunition could be stored in the pistol grip.

Stats availible in Weird War 2 Sourcebook

Sedgley .38 OSS Glove Pistol

The Sedgley OSS .38 glove pistol is a World War II firearm. It was manufacted by Sedgley,
Philadelphia for the U.S. Marines and the U.S. Navy. It is a single shot, break action .38
Special pistol. It was designed by the Naval Intelligence Office. The trigger is a bar parallel
to and extending past the barrel. After being loaded and cocked, the weapon is fired by
"punching" the target.

Weight 1 Lb, Sucessful melee attack deals STR+2d6-1 damage too target, ROF 1
Internal magazine hold a single reloaded .38 round

M2 Carbine w/30 rnd Box mag, Selective Fire

This is a standard M1 carbine but with a 30 round Banana style clip and a selective
fire switch allowing the weapon too fire in single shot as normal or in Auto-fire with a ROF of 2.
Introduced in 1944. Parts kits T17 and T18 allowed the conversion in the field of semi-auto M1
carbines into selective fire M2 configuration.

M 1941 Johnson Rifle 30-06.

The M1941 Rifle was an American short-recoil operated semi-automatic rifle designed
by Melvin Johnson prior to World War II. The M1941 competed unsuccessfully with the U.S.
M1 Garand. Melvin Johnson campaigned heavily for the adoption of the Johnson rifle by the
U.S. Army and other service branches. However, after limited testing, the U.S. Army rejected
the Johnson in favor of the M1 Garand rifle developed by Springfield Armory. The M1941
Johnson was ordered by the Netherlands for issue to its troops in the Dutch East Indies, but
the Japanese invaded the islands before the rifles could be shipped from California. At this
time, the U.S. Marine Corps found itself in need of a modern fast-firing infantry rifle, and
acquired some rifles from the Dutch East Indies shipment for issue to its Paramarine battalions
then preparing to deploy for action in the Pacific theatre. By all accounts, the M1941 Johnson
performed acceptably in combat with the Marines in the early days of the Pacific fighting. The
weapon could be reloaded by inserting two 5 round stripper clips into the guns loading port for
its rotary magazine, one clip at a time.

M1941 Johnson Rifle (.30) 24/48/96 2d8 1 9.5 8S d6 AP 2, Semi–Auto

M50 Riesing SMG, .45 cal

The Reising was an American submachine gun manufactured by Harrington & Richardson.
It was designed and patented by Eugene Reising in 1940. The two primary versions of the
weapon produced during World War II were the M50 and the simplified folding stock M55.
Over 100,000 guns were ordered, and were initially used by the United States Navy, Marine
Corps and the United States Coast Guard, though some weapons were shipped to Canadian
, Soviet, and other allied forces in the effort against the Axis powers. The Paramarines and
armoured crewmen were known to have been issued quantities of the folding stock M55,
but the weapon's poorly designed wire-framed stock (which tended to fold while firing) soon
earned the M55 a poor reputation. The 1st Marine Parachute Battalion were issued the
weapon in New Zealand with other Marines only drawing their new Reisings onboard ship
while headed towards Guadalcanal with a minimum of familiarization. While more accurate
than the Thompson, particularly in semi-automatic mode, the Reising had a tendency to jam.

M50 Riesing (.45) 12/24/48 2d6+1 3 7 12 or 20D d6 AP 1, Auto

M 1941 Johnson Light Machine Gun "Johnny Gun" (1940-1945)

The M1941 Johnson Light Machine Gun was an American recoil-operated light machine gun
designed in the late 1930s by Melvin Johnson. It shared the same operating principle and
many parts with the M1941 Johnson Rifle. The Johnson LMG was one of the few light machine
guns to operate on recoil operation and was manufactured to a high standard. The Johnson
was fed from a curved, single-column magazine attached to the left side of the receiver.
Additionally, the weapon could be loaded by stripper clip (charger) at the ejection port, or by
rounds fed singly into the breech. The rate of fire was adjustable, from 200 to 600 rounds per
minute. Two versions were built: the M1941 with a wooden stock and a bipod, and the 1944
with a tubular steel butt and a wooden monopod. Johnson was successful in selling small
quantities of the M41 Johnson LMG to the U.S. Army and Marine Corps. One notable unit
that used this weapon was the U.S. Army's First Special Service Force, a special operations
unit composed of half Canadian, half American troops (nicknamed "the Black Devil's" by the
Germans). The U.S. Marine Corps' 'Paramarines' also used the Johnson LMG.

M1941 (.30) 30/60/120 2d8 2 or 3 13 20D d8 AP 2, Auto, Snapfire Penalty, ROF adjustable

M1919 .30 Cal LMG with BAR Stock and adjustable Bipod (Rare)

U.S. Soldiers in some cases fitted their M1919s or M2 aircraft guns with buttstocks and
bipods to allow for use without a tripod or other mount. The modified AN/M2 consists of a butt
stock from a US M1 Garand or BAR fastened to the receiver of the Browning machine gun, a
rear sight typically from a BAR 1918 and an improvised trigger. These conversions are based
on field conversions carried out by soldiers in the Pacific Theatre during World War II. A weapon
of this type was used by Marine Corporal Tony Stein in the invasion of Iwo Jima, who would
posthumously receive the Medal of Honor for his actions during the battle. It had a rate of fire
in excess of 1,200 rpm and was nicknamed the "Stinger." An attempt to make a special variant
for the airborne (paratroops). The M1919A6 featured a lighter bipod, a removable buttstock,
and was lighter to make it easier for the paratrooper to handle in airdrops.

M1919 (.30) 24/48/96 2d8 3 32 250B d10 AP 2, Auto

Lanchester Submachine Gun

In 1940, with the Dunkirk evacuation completed, the Royal Air Force decided to adopt some
form of submachine gun for airfield defence. With no time to spare for the development of a
new weapon it was decided to adopt a direct copy of the German MP 28, captured examples
of which were at hand for examination. The British Admiralty decided to join with the RAF in
adopting the new weapon, and played a key role in its design. Ultimately, the Admiralty alone
actually adopted the Lanchester into service.

Lanchester (9mm) 12/24/48 2d6–1 3 9.5 32or 50D — AP 1, Auto

LEWIS LMG, .303 or .30-06

The Lewis Gun (or Lewis Automatic Machine Gun) is a World War I era light machine gun of
American design that was perfected and widely used by the forces of the British Empire. It was
first used in combat in World War I, and continued in service with a number of armed forces
through to the end of the Korean War. It is visually distinctive because of a wide tubular cooling
shroud around the barrel and a top mounted drum-pan magazine. It was commonly used as an
aircraft machine-gun, almost always with the cooling shroud removed, during both World Wars.
By World War II, the British Army had replaced the Lewis Gun with the Bren gun for most infantry
use. As an airborne weapon the Lewis was largely supplanted by the Vickers K, a weapon that
achieved over twice the rate of fire of the Lewis and was also popular with the Long Range Desert
Group (LRDG). In the crisis following the Fall of France, where a large part of the British Army's
equipment had been lost, stocks of Lewis guns in both .303 and .30-06 were hurriedly pressed
into service, primarily for arming Home Guard units and purposes such as defending airfields and
anti-aircraft use. 58,983 Lewis Guns were taken from stores, repaired, refitted and issued by
the British during the course of World War II. In addition to their reserve weapon role in the
UK, they also saw front-line use with British, Australian, and New Zealand forces in the early
years of the Pacific campaign against the Japanese. The Lewis gun also saw continued
service as an anti-aircraft weapon during World War II; in this role it was credited by the British
for bringing down more low-flying enemy aircraft than any other AA weapon.

LEWIS Gun (.303) 30/60/120 2d8 2 28 47 and 97D d8 AP 2, Auto, Snapfire Penalty

Colt Model 1908 and 1903 Pocker Hammerless

The Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless is .32 ACP caliber, self-loading, semi-automatic pistol
designed by John Browning and built by Colt Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company of
Hartford, Connecticut. The Colt Model 1908 Pocket Hammerless is a variant introduced five years
later in 380 ACP caliber. These pistols were popular civilian firearms for much of their life, and also
served as United States General Officer pistols from the 1940s until their replacement by the M15
General Officers pistol in the 1970s. The Office of Strategic Services issued the Model 1903 to its
officers during World War Two. Many gangsters of the pre-World War Two era favored the Model
1903 and Model 1908 because they were relatively small and easily concealed. It is said that Al
Capone kept one in his coat pocket and Bonnie Parker used one to break Clyde Barrow out of jail
after smuggling it into the jail by taping it to her thigh.

Colt Model 1908 (.380 ACP) 12/24/48 2d6-1 1 2 7D — Semi–Auto
Colt Model 1903 (.32 ACP) 12/24/48 2d4+1 1 2 8D — Semi–Auto

United Defemse M42 SMG (1942-1943)

The United Defense M42 was an American submachine gun in World War II. It was produced
from 1942 to 1943 by United Defense Supply Corp. (a government-formed company specifically
tasked with weapons development) for possible issue as a replacement for the Thompson
submachine gun and was used by agents of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS). The weapon
holds 30 9mm rounds in its magazine, and can fire them at 700 rounds per minute. Frequently
two 20 round magazines were welded face-to-face allowing a quick reload when the first became
empty. Intended for use by U.S. troops at the time of its design, it found more favor being air-
dropped to partisan forces in occupied Europe. The weapon was air dropped to supply British-
led partisan forces on the island of Crete, where it was used extensively. It also saw use among
the partisan forces of the French Resistance. Some of them were transferred to Dai Li's regular
resistance forces in China for use against the Japanese invasion. The use of the 9 mm caliber
allowed resistance forces to use captured ammunition in their weapons, eliminating the need
for repeated re-supply drops. Overall the weapon failed in its intended role (to replace the
Thompson) but proved effective in limited use in the hands of resistance forces.

M42 (9mm) 12/24/48 2d6–1 3 10 30 or 20D — AP 1, Auto

S&W Model 27 .357 Magnum Revolver or Registered Magnum

The Smith & Wesson (S&W) Model 27 is the original .357 Magnum revolver and was first
produced in 1935; production ceased in the 1990s. The Model 27 was built on Smith and
Wesson's carbon steel, large N-frame, was available at various times with 3 1/2", 4", 5", 6"
or 8 3/8" barrel lengths and had adjustable sights. When first introduced by Smith and
Wesson in 1935 it was known as the .357 magnum Registered Magnum. The model was
essentially a custom order revolver. Barrel lengths could be had in quarter inch increments
from 3.5" to 8.75" in length. In addition to the different length of barrels available there were
different grips, front sights, triggers, hammers and finishes available. Each Registered
Magnum came with a certificate of authenticity. It was noted for its durability and reliability.
The 3 1/2" barrel length was extremely popular with FBI agents in the 1940s through the
1960s. Skeeter Skelton considered the Model 27 with a 5" barrel as the best all around
handgun. General George Patton carried an ivory handled Model 27 with a 3 1/2 inch barrel
(along with his ivory handled Colt Peacemaker); Patton called the Model 27 his "killing gun

Uses the same stats as similar magnums in the Savage Worlds Core Rulebook, during the WW2
era the weapon costs between 60-70 dollars, more than one months pay for a U.S. Army Grunt.

" Behind this flabby exterior is a complete lack of character. "
Strangedos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

serene_muse wrote:
Strangedos wrote:
i will put a few of my French/Italian weapons-Vehicle stats i made here in case somebody wants too use them.

<snip of writeups>

I hope this helps some Smile

Yes, useful and a spark for my own thoughts. Thanks for posting!

On the commando weapons, I think it might be best as part of a general special forces (was that the WW2 era term even?) supplement. I think GURPS WWII had something similar.

Im not real sure that the term was used back then, the "Devils Brigade was known as the FSSF or First Special Service Force and sure enogh groups like the Commandos, Rangers, Jedburghs, even Skorzenys Commandos that raided Eben Emael and the Operation Grief operatives qualify....along with SAS, LRDG...anyway long list. Special Forces had existed for a long long time before this even the Commandos got thier name from an earlier group but i think it was only after the WW2 era that our modern nomenclature came into being. Im not sure but id say during this time they were most likely just refereed too as Raiding Units, Insurgency Forces, maybe Special Operations was a term used like with the name acronym SOE. As for the American Army the Rangers, Marine Raiders, FSSF and too an extent the airborne were without a dout the forefathers of our modern SF Units.

Anyway...blah blah lol, As for the earlier posts about the Italians, they make a good villain or an ally and are a must for a North Africa, Italian Campaign. I did a little research and came up with a wealth of info on thier units and equipment....they add a lot of color too my own game, so do the French units, especially the FFL which allows for different nationalities too exist with ease in the same unit.

Oh something i came across recently i thought i might mention, during the German occupation of France, French Militia units (Milice or Franc-Gardes) were raised too combat the resistance and did so very effectively...when Paris fell these guys had too flee the country....into Germany and became too a large part the Charlemagne Division of the Waffen SS! WW2 is full of interesting and off the wall units, one can add too your own game. Im looking into the Italians now.....hoping too find something Juicy, i had been using a fledgling Italian unit i called "Unita Especial Tredici" which i think means Special Unit 13....either way my players don't speak the language so im safe Wink as an adversary, they aent a big part of my game but my heroes do occasionally hear about or run into this Il Duce spawned cadre which is made up of Strega (witch) trained soldiers who are dabbling in the black arts.

" Behind this flabby exterior is a complete lack of character. "
Nick
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there (first post),

Just wondering whether there has been any movement on the Italian troop stats. I'm starting a North African campaign in a week and would love some numbers to work with.

I'm also interested in Italian vehicles (so they don't have to walk everywhere in the hot sun).

Cheers.
RockabillyRebel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this again. It's been over 2 years now... :/
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mention of Italians special forces reminds me of a book i read years ago about Italian frogmen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decima_Flottiglia_MAS

They were quit ambitious but suffered from lack of funds and time to perfect there equipment.

What if they had help from the Evil Atlanian Faction
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to second where the italian gear went...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theDevilofWormwood
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, and I third the interested expressed here in regards to seeing both Italian and French gear/soldiers/vehicles!

By the by, I've been reading through my Weird Wars II book again of late, and am enjoying it very much. Haven't had a chance to use it for anything WW2 proper, but am currently re-skinning a great deal of it for some upcoming Savage Star Wars games, and also using it as a foundation for a Valkyria Chronicles conversion I'm sketching out. Also been thinking about combining it with Realms of Cthulhu and doing an "Early Days of Delta Green" campaign with it, but that one's probably quite a ways off...

Anyway, just wanted to add a thanks into my request for more info. Mr. Green All the hard work that obviously went into Weird Wars is impressive, and much appreciated! I never miss an opportunity to recommend it to gamer friends into WW2.
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theDevilofWormwood wrote:
Aye, and I third the interested expressed here in regards to seeing both Italian and French gear/soldiers/vehicles!

There's nothing in any errata for the Italians or French forces, but you can get the TO&E for something close to France's WWII troops via the French Indochina forces in WW Tour of Darkness. About the only thing missing is the Adjutant rank. Unfortunately that does mean buying another book in either PDF or print.
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because Thunderforge found this thread, gonna do another bump. 2 years and still not been released yet... just curious if this got lost in the blaze of other IPs coming through.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: