Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPC2 - Team Leader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrozerro
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: SPC2 - Team Leader Reply with quote

I tried searching the forums but I couldn't find an answer. is there something missing from this edge? it doesn't seem to makes sense.

Team Leader - "If a character with this Edge is present when a Cooperative roll is made, the lead character does not have to be designated beforehand. The participant with the highest total is automatically considered the lead."

What happens when a cooperative roll is made?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: SPC2 - Team Leader Reply with quote

herrozerro wrote:
What happens when a cooperative roll is made?

With the Team Leader Edge, everyone participating makes their roll. Then the highest roll is considered the lead character and all lower rolls add bonuses as usual.

Normally, the lead character has to be designated first. Team Leader allows it to be determined after the roll is made.

www.peginc.com
MatthewJHanson
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How a cooperative roll normally works:

BEFORE you roll, you pick one PC to be the lead character. Their roll determines the ultimate success or failure of the attempt.

Other PCs roll grant a bonus to the lead character for each success and raise. Here's an example, where Player A is picked to be the lead because she has the best skill.

Player A (lead): Rolls 4
Player B: Rolls 3
Placer C: Rolls 7

The total result is a 5, because the lead character rolled a 4, and Player C adds one to that for getting a success. Player B contributes nothing.

With the Team Leader Edge, you roll first, and then decide who is the lead AFTER the roll. So with the same results, Player C would lead.

Player A: Rolls 4
Player B: Rolls 3
Placer C (lead): Rolls 7

This gives us a total result of 8: 7 form Player C, plus 1 because Player A had a success.
herrozerro
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Perhaps it should be: "when a combined attack is made", to keep in line with the existing verbiage? Knowing it is linked with the combined attacks make a whole lot more sense. Before it was like there was a missing paragraph after cooperative roll.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herrozerro wrote:
Ah! Perhaps it should be: "when a combined attack is made", to keep in line with the existing verbiage? Knowing it is linked with the combined attacks make a whole lot more sense. Before it was like there was a missing paragraph after cooperative roll.

Um, it doesn't affect Combined Attacks. I don't think anyone said it did. Confused

It affects Cooperative Rolls, which are in the core rules under Trait Tests.

www.peginc.com
herrozerro
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
herrozerro wrote:

Um, it doesn't affect Combined Attacks. I don't think anyone said it did. Confused

It affects Cooperative Rolls, which are in the core rules under Trait Tests.

Ah, I'm all sorts of confused. I think I just flipped the page over to the next page and saw the combined attacks and for some reason it just clicked. "hey there is a combined thingy!"
nDervish
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

herrozerro wrote:
Ah, I'm all sorts of confused. I think I just flipped the page over to the next page and saw the combined attacks and for some reason it just clicked. "hey there is a combined thingy!"

Cooperative rolls aren't an SPC2 thing, they're defined in the core rulebook. (p.63 in my copy of Savage Worlds Deluxe)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: