Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules you just blatantly ignore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackMann
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, keep in mind that that's just its armor. Its toughness is high enough that you have to roll pretty good damage on the cannon shot to hurt it.
wheatiess
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant remember who posted it(blame it on ZAD) but a house rule for heavy armour was that non HW couldnt ace or raise against them
so the most your pistol could do would be 2d6 +2 or 14 damage

this works in alot of settings but may still struggle in the pirate ships example.

inturn HW can ace against inanimate objects as they are designed to mulch everything
Kythkyn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't played and games where shields have been used, but I have a feeling we would forget / ignore the shield facing. Although I did like it in AD&D for whatever reason.

As for rules we blatantly ignore, though, so far it has only been the permanent injury rule. Permanent injuries? Ain't no body got time for that!
cpk666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheatiess wrote:
cant remember who posted it(blame it on ZAD) but a house rule for heavy armour was that non HW couldnt ace or raise against them
so the most your pistol could do would be 2d6 +2 or 14 damage

this works in alot of settings but may still struggle in the pirate ships example.

inturn HW can ace against inanimate objects as they are designed to mulch everything

I think I suggested it. If not, then I've swiped it for a setting I'm hoping to publish. mea culpa.

CK

"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass."--Cordelia Chase
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpk666 wrote:
I think I suggested it. If not, then I've swiped it for a setting I'm hoping to publish. mea culpa.

CK

I dug up the thread where I first saw it mentioned, and it was one of the ones you started. So, I think you're in the clear. Mr. Green
Link: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31691
Zadmar
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
cpk666 wrote:

CK

I dug up the thread where I first saw it mentioned, and it was one of the ones you started. So, I think you're in the clear. Mr. Green
Link: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31691

I did say in that thread that I might have to steal the idea!
johnnii
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if its blatantly ignoring, but I run Natural healing after 8 hours of sleep rather than per 5 days. While not realistic in the least, it fits our playstyle and coming from HP based RPGs, the explanation be that the character "ignores" the pain from the wound rather than it somehow disappears overnight.

As a tradeoff, I'm very detailed about what modifies the Vigor check to regain the wounds. There tends to be ALOT that makes the roll a hard check to say the least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: