Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back Room Chat Room Thursdays 9-10pm EST - now with Prizes!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often can you make the chat?
Every week, wouldn't miss it!
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Maybe every other week-real life, you know
50%
 50%  [ 16 ]
I just can't make that day and time, darnit!
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 32

Muse
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Back Room Chat Room Thursdays 9-10pm EST - now with Prizes! Reply with quote

We've been having a blast hosting the Back Room Chat Room but we thought "How can we make this even cooler?" Very Happy

Well, for starters, Beautiful Brains is giving away Free Shipping on one order to someone in the Back Room each week. Secondly, our guest hosts will have the opportunity to give something away, too!

Here's a link to the info on winning prizes, how to join us, who's lined up to guest host, and who we've been fortunate enough to have as guests so far: http://beautifulbrainsonline.com/2011/02/back-room-chat-room-thursdays-now-with-prizes/

This week is MACE: West (www.justusproductions.com) con promo, and the con organizers are giving away a free badge! ($35 value) This is the con in our backyard, in Hickory, NC, from March 25-27, 2011. MACE:West is a gaming-centered con and I personally know of at least 7 GMs who are running Savage Worlds. Let's talk Savage in the chat room this week!
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to that Feb. 17 chat: the Chenault Brothers gave me my first job in the RPG industry! Smile

For the SynDCon promo chat on March 3, maybe I'll donate a few of my original map sketches from Deadlands Plot Points as prizes. One-of-a-kind items! Wink
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chenault brothers?? I first became acquainted with Stephen, and Todd Gray of TLG back in 2003. Since about 2005, I would later meet Davis C., their artist Peter Bradley(50 Fathoms companion), and the rest of the gang. Wonderful people. I won't say much else. Don't want to spoil any stories. I will say this...there are several Castles and Crusades fans here in the Pinnacle forums. Me(obviously), Inferno, Christina Stiles, Wiggy, and a few others. I've missed the other chats so far, but now is the time to get on board. Smile
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another C&C fan right here (my collection of C&C stuff is over a foot thick on my shelves)!!!
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right. I forgot about you. Sav Worlds and C&C...good man.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylermo wrote:
The Chenault brothers?? I first became acquainted with Stephen, and Todd Gray of TLG back in 2003. Since about 2005, I would later meet Davis C., their artist Peter Bradley(50 Fathoms companion), and the rest of the gang. Wonderful people. I won't say much else. Don't want to spoil any stories. I will say this...there are several Castles and Crusades fans here in the Pinnacle forums. Me(obviously), Inferno, Christina Stiles, Wiggy, and a few others. I've missed the other chats so far, but now is the time to get on board. Smile

Yep, me is a C&C fan. I had the pleasure of talking to Steve C. at GenCon last year.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chat "officially" begins in 30 minutes. Head's up to anyone on Cutter time. Wink

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and as mentioned above, we will be discussing MACE-West (Western North Carolina that is).

If you haven't heard me (or someone else) say it before, MACE is completely a gaming convention and simply one of the best run cons I have ever attended. The fact the main con season will now be book-ended by two MACEs is a dream come true.

As also stated, this will be the first BRCR with prizes, one of which is free admission to a 3-day con that already has seven Savage Worlds GMs lined up. Not 7 games, 7 GMs, and the call for GMs only opened this past week.

For any Savage within at least 5 hours (if not more), this is not an opportunity to miss.

www.peginc.com
Muse
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see so many C&C fans in the crowd - I have to admit I haven't played, but their Harvesters game for kids is just too cute. I might need to make my little GM read it and run it for me before the chat. Smile

And thanks, Cutter, for the Deadlands giveaway for the SynDCon Chat!

But this week, I hope you guys will check out one of the new licensees of Savage Worlds, the SHARD RPG. Creators Aaron de Orive and Scott Jones will be hosting this week, and giving away a Basic Compendium, so you can see what great Savage goodness is coming our way.

If you haven't yet, check out their website. It has the most beautiful artwork and the background music is fantastic, not annoying, I promise. Their world is part sci-fi, part fantasy, all Eastern influences with Buddhas and elephant architecture, and oh yeah, it's completely made up of anthropomorphic animals. Now you HAVE to go to their website to see how they pull this off so elegantly!

www.shardrpg.com
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
Chat "officially" begins in 30 minutes. Head's up to anyone on Cutter time. Wink

"Cutter time" is when, the following Monday, you suddenly realize there was a chat the previous Thursday.

Time to update your lingo, buddy. Wink
DeMyztikX
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this in an IRC room? Is it only up on Thursdays?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeMyztikX wrote:
Is this in an IRC room? Is it only up on Thursdays?

It's a chat held at the Beautiful Brains website. Just go to the site (link is in Muse's post), and you can join the chat.

And yep, only on Thursdays. In fact, starting in 10 minutes, folks! Get a sneak peek at a new SW Licensee in the process of converting their existing setting.

And yeah, it's anthropomorphic animals. Cool

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! Forgot, the prize this week is a free copy of the Shard Compendium (the main Shard book).

www.peginc.com
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm only 20 minutes late!
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by for the BB chat last week. I was able to enter one comment before the page started to do some weird loading thing. Unfortunately, a call came in and I was unable to see if it would load on my "cell phone" internet. Gotta feeling it's going to plague me during tonight's chat. Sad
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, don't get trapped in the infinite depths of Cutter Time (which is sort of like the Phantom Zone, but with more day job) and forget about next week's chat! Smile

On Thursday, March 3 at 9 p.m., we'll be talking all about SynDCon.

Muse wrote:
SynDCon promo! I’ll be traveling all the way up to the DC area (Rockville, MD, to be exact) to join with PEG VP Joel Kinstle, PEG Deadlands Brand Manager Matt Cutter, PEG Weird Wars and Hell On Earth Brand Manager “Teller,” and hopefully about all the Savages in a 6 hour driving range, because this will be BIG! SynDCon Convention Coordinator and Marketing Director Rob Bodine and Vic Morales, Event Coordinator for SynDCon, will be our guest hosts.

Jodi asked me to drop some info about the prize support. I pulled from my files three maps slated to appear in the upcoming Plot Point, The Last Sons: "The Acheson Place," "Dusky Jewel," and "Cauldron." All are signed, original pieces of art... and they could be yours!
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chat is coming up in 10 minutes. This week a discussion with a Savage Worlds fan who is working on a Master's project about tabletop RPGS for education, "specifically but not limited to conflict and dispute resolution education."

Hmm, I believe the resolution is "I hit it with my axe!" Wink

Since no one would ask a grad student to provide a prize, this week Beautiful Brains will be giving away free shipping to two participants in the chat.

As Lex Luthor said, "What more could anyone ask?" Mr. Green

www.peginc.com
SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My work schedule is changing, leaving me with Thursdays off starting next week. I'll try to drop by in these from time to time! Mr. Green
Muse
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's about this chuck-full-o-con schedule for the upcoming Back Room Chats? Hope you can make it! Don't forget, I give away Free Shipping to one person per Chat. Sometimes two. Smile

March 17, 2011
www.KampingKon.org promo! How cool is this: your badge provides all the gaming you can shake a stick at, plus all your meals! And you don’t even pay hotel prices; your pup tent and a $12/night tent site is the cheapest con lodgings you’ll ever find. And there are kegs (for the grown-ups) and S’Mores (…for the grown-ups) on Friday and Saturday night. Come find out about this convention and what we have planned here!

March 24, 2011
Have you played I Drank What? made by www.EmpireGames.us? We have, and it’s a riot! This simple card game was a big hit at SCARAB convention and we picked up a pack of the cards then, along with the expansion set To Brie or Not To Brie. Then we took it backstage at one of the community theatre plays we were involved in, and the actors couldn’t wait to get offstage to play it some more. So Empire Games has made a winner! Come meet Christopher DeLisle, Editor-in-Chief, Scott Messer, Art Director, and Jason “Spanky” Davis, Production Coordinator in the Back Room this week. They are giving away a full color poster of the art used on one of the cards of their newest game, Way of the Fist, signed by the artists.

March 31, 2011
post-MACE:West (www.justusproductions.com) wrapup! Jodi will be trying to access the chat while on the road to synDCon, but Clint will have the chat open for business, and there’s sure to be plenty to talk about. This is the first year for MACE:West, so we want good, honest feedback from y’all about what worked, what didn’t, and for those who couldn’t go, stories.

April 7, 2011
post-synDCon chat! (www.syndcon.net) Well, we knew we were nuts to agree to two cons back to back but you’ll have to come to this chat to find out if we survived. This is SynDCon’s second year, so again they’ll want lots of good feedback: constructive criticism or praise and adoration.

April 14, 2011
We’re on the road again to another great con – Dicehead SIEGE (www.diceheadsiege.com) in Chattanooga, TN, May 20-22. This is at the historic Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel (which also hosts ConNooga). Hotel is $89/night and the weekend badge is only $25 to play all the games you want. This is a gaming-focused convention so you know we’re excited. Joining us at Dicehead SIEGE is Sean Patrick Fannon of Shaintar fame – I’ll probably be able to tempt him into the chat that night. Shane at Dicehead is our guest host and he is giving away a free badge in addition to the Beautiful Brains free shipping!

April 21, 2011
post-KampingKon chat! This is our first year at KampingKon, and as far as we can tell, RPGs haven’t had much of a presence here. So come find out how it went! (www.kampingkon.org)
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chat going on now! Hoping SavageGamerGirl will be able to join tonight. <fingers crossed> Mr. Green

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: