Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arcane or Artifact?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How does magic present itself in your game—though spellcasting, or magic items and artifacts?
I like spellcasting. Artifacts suck.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I like spellcasting. Artifacts are very rare, things you quest for.
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
I like a mix. Spellcasting is more common, but every hero can use an enchanted longsword or ring of protection.
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
I like a mix. Artifacts and items are more common, but an honest wizard makes a good ally.
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
I like artifacts. Spellcasting is feared and very rare.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I like artifacts. Spellcasting blows.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Rachan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Arcane or Artifact? Reply with quote

Inspired by the What's Your Fantasy? poll …

Secondary question: if you've never considered the other options before, would you be interested in trying these other styles?
OSIAdept
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer a combination of the two though leaning towards Artifacts as a more reliable form of magic. This is especialy true in my fantasy cyberpunk

My online art portfolio
http://paintedsamurai.deviantart.com/

Black Stag Publishing
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Stag-Publishing/223736847644167?sk=wall
Golan2072
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like risky spellcasting and safer, though much rarer, artifacts. Over-common reliable magic tends to dilute the sense of wonder.
Jounichi
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think artifacts should be rare, but it kind of depends on the setting. In high magic, I don't mind regularly enchanted items because there's a means for it. In low magic, I tend to replace enchantments with crafted enhancements.

A magic sword with block is supernaturally aware of incoming attacks and guides the users hand to intercept blows. A normal sword would just have a basket hilt to catch the enemy's blade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: