Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big List of Upcoming Pinnacle Products
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoxBlue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kingofsouls: the explorer edition is what made most of the people here fans. So, really, using it for a while longer wont do you any harm. Razz

Also, I think I heard something about the rule changes being made available as a PDF.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you want to monkey with an ongoing game is entirely up to you. I believe the SWEX PDF will remain available specifically for folks who want to finish out a campaign or two and might need it.

Additionally, it may take a bit, but all of the updates and additions will be made available for free on the web site.

So, I guess the short answer I should've probably gone with in the first place would be "no."
kingofsouls
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, I'll probably get the Deluxe Edition anyways. I like to be up to date.
grimmshade
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have any idea when Weird Wars: Rome might be coming?
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I want the Deluxe Edition as I am quite happy with Explorer but if I can find a copy at a book store or hobby shop somewhere I'll give it a look. I missed out on 50 Fathoms originally so I'll be checking out the SWEX version most definitely. The Horror Companion can't come out fast enough as far as I'm concerned. But I have three general genres that sustain me night and day: Fantasy, Horror and Science Fiction. I have the printed SWEX sized Fantasy Companion and if there companions for the other two I'll pick them up in a heartbeat. That is if they are available as actual, physical books and not e-books, I don't consider pdfs to be real books.
grimmshade
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodyax wrote:
Not sure if I want the Deluxe Edition as I am quite happy with Explorer but if I can find a copy at a book store or hobby shop somewhere I'll give it a look. I missed out on 50 Fathoms originally so I'll be checking out the SWEX version most definitely. The Horror Companion can't come out fast enough as far as I'm concerned. But I have three general genres that sustain me night and day: Fantasy, Horror and Science Fiction. I have the printed SWEX sized Fantasy Companion and if there companions for the other two I'll pick them up in a heartbeat. That is if they are available as actual, physical books and not e-books, I don't consider pdfs to be real books.

I would love a printed Pulp Companion. Thrilling Tales is an awesome book, but an updated Pulp Companion would be uber too!
Horror and Sci-Fi Companion are definitely on my must buy list.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrilling Tales has enough for me to consider it the Pulp companion. Material supplementing that would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. And I would be willing to rebuy my Deadlands books as SWEX versions. If I see the PA Deadlands book for SW somewhere the only reasons I would not get it is that I didn't enough money for it. The idea is Great. Within Sci-Fi my favorite genres are Space Opera, Cyberpunk, Steam Punk and Post Apocalypse. And with all of those sub genres for me: the more gonzo it is the better I like it.
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that an Explorers edition with the new rules will eventually be published. One of the things that's made SW appeal to RPG fans in my city is that you can pick up the SWEX for so cheap. I've spoken with a number of GM's who've mentioned buying 3-4 copies so they could pass them out at game sessions. I don't know of any other RPG where an equivalent of a player's guide is as low cost. I've personally bought 3 copies, but it's out of stock now at all my LGS's. I think, at least in my city, that if new players getting into the game have to fork out $60 for the Deluxe Edition, SW might not be as successful going forward.

I'd also love to see a SciFi compendium as that's the genre I'm currently building a homebrew for.
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am springing for the SWD - but I must admit I fell in love with the SWEX - so much RPG in such a handy, cheap package.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronovan wrote:
I think, at least in my city, that if new players getting into the game have to fork out $60 for the Deluxe Edition, SW might not be as successful going forward.

I'm not sure where you got the $60 from, but it's not accurate. Barring, perhaps, some of the older Deadlands box sets, I don't think Pinnacle's ever had a $60 product.

Savage Worlds Deluxe, the full-color, full-size, hardback book, has a retail price of $29.99.
JackMann
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be thinking about the full deluxe bundle, which is sixty-five, But that's obviously more than just the book alone.

EDIT: And, of course, you guys have repeatedly said that a digest version will eventually come out, so it's not like the big book's the permanent version.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still going to reserve judgment until I see it in a book or game store and flip through its pages. SWEX 50 Fathoms I'll probably order first and assess as needed. SWEX versions of the Deadlands books will be snapped up as soon as I can afford them if for no other reason than as add on to Interface Zero, after all there is that MMORPG in game to think of...
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In SWDE, there are 9 pages dedicated to advertising the PEG settings
1 Space 1889
2 Deadlands
2 Weird Wars
2 Solomon Kane
2 Rippers
Seeing how there is a 2 page spread in SWDE for Rippers should we expect that to be the next Re-release of a setting (and not 50 Fathoms)?
JackMann
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that we know that 50 Fathoms is pretty much done but for the art?

I suppose it's possible that they've secretly got Rippers in the works, to the printers, and nearly ready without telling anyone. But I'd say it's still more likely that 50 Fathoms will be arriving first.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if Rippers managed to make it out before 50 Fathoms. Quite surprised, honestly.
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then a "missed" opportunity to promote 50F, but alas.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyseerco wrote:
1 Space 1889
2 Deadlands
2 Weird Wars
2 Solomon Kane
2 Rippers
Seeing how there is a 2 page spread in SWDE for Rippers should we expect that to be the next Re-release of a setting (and not 50 Fathoms)?

I'm warming up the the Deluxe a little more. I'm not very enthused about Solomon Kane but the the other three settings I either know and like (Deadlans) or have heard about and am curious about (Weird Wars and Rippers) The only thing that might sell the book completely to me is if you swapped out Solomon Kane for 50 Fathoms
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodyax wrote:
greyseerco wrote:
1 Space 1889
2 Deadlands
2 Weird Wars
2 Solomon Kane
2 Rippers

I'm warming up the the Deluxe a little more. I'm not very enthused about Solomon Kane but the the other three settings I either know and like (Deadlans) or have heard about and am curious about (Weird Wars and Rippers) The only thing that might sell the book completely to me is if you swapped out Solomon Kane for 50 Fathoms

Just understand these "pages" are but a few paragraphs about the setting and then full page art. They are advertisements, not much more. Stuff you could certainly use in a Portrait style GM Screen (vs. a landscape gm screen) but do not provide rules, or anything much more than to give someone who was curious what kind of setting were out there an idea of what could be done with Savage Worlds. I am going to assume that when SW:DE comes in the smaller book form, these pages will be gone.
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackMann wrote:
May be thinking about the full deluxe bundle, which is sixty-five, But that's obviously more than just the book alone.

Yup, the deluxe bundle was the only one I saw a price for, so I confused it with the SWDE book. If its going to be priced at $30 then I'll very likely buy it, as I've heard about some of the new content and I'm interested in using it. Of course in my area the $30 SW setting books usually sell for $40, but that's still affordable enough.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bite. What area is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: