Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Suzerain: Which version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrozerro
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Savage Suzerain: Which version? Reply with quote

Hello!

I just purchased this setting from the rpgnow september savage sale and I noticed that this seems to be for the SW:EX version. After some looking around it seems that Pocket Universe is the version I actually wanted.

Either way, this is the version I have. I was just wondering are there any major issues that make this unplayable for SWD?

thanks!
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major issues? No.
There were some changes to skills (deleting Guts from the core was the big one, and Guts never really fit Suzeraine to begin with).
Incapacitation got more dangerous, but that just means the "not really dead" rule will come up more often.
None of the rest of the changes should invalidate anything in Suzeraine. The only thing you'll need to adjudicate is which of the new powers (if any) go onto the various spell lists.

Good luck and have fun.
herrozerro
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question on the Enabled Transference ability.

the example is putting bolt onto a wand does this mean:

The Scrivener pays 1 pulse to put bolt on the wand to be used by anyone with their own pulse?

or

The Scrivener pays 1 pulse for a charge of the bolt power plus 1 to allow anyone to use it?

thanks!
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Scrivener would pay 1 PP per rank of the power (bolt is Novice, so "rank 1") to create a magic item that others can use to manifest the power. Those others would be using their own pulse supply.

So, he'd pay 1 point, that does not recover until he breaks his link to the wand, to create a "fire wand" that allows anyone holding it to use the bolt power (fueled by their own pulse).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: